PDA

View Full Version : Disney food air freshners?!

TinkerbellT421
07-11-2012, 05:24 PM
If anyone is on Facebook and have liked the Walt Disney world page did you see the picture of the new product they will be selling?!

Food air freshners!

They showed a picture of the turkey legs, so I can only assume you can have your car smelling like turkey legs :sick:

But, they had the Mickey mouse ice cream bar as one too!!!! mmmmm chocolate and vanilla! that's one I'd like.

So two questions
What are your thoughts? good idea or bad idea?
Secondly, what would you want for a smell to remind you of Disney while driving around your home town?!

For me, I want the smell of boardwalk resort. I don't know how why or hat exactly it is but I swear the resort has a specific smell to it. Tell me I'm not crazy? lol

Melanie
07-11-2012, 05:27 PM
:ack:

TinkerbellT421
07-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Thank you for posting the pic Mel! I keep having trouble trying to figure out how to attach photos!

Yea, the turkey leg thing makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little lol.

BrerGnat
07-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't want my car smelling like ANY of those. Double :ack::ack: Especially revolting to me is the "Mickey Waffle" one. I am revolted by the way my own house smells after I cook waffles (even though I love them). I could not imagine that smell in a hot car in summer. :sick:

I wouldn't mind a Dole Whip scented one, though. :thumbsup:

Carol
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
No thanks. Wished they'd come out with a Downtown Disneyland Kettle Korn though. That smell gets me every time. :popcorn:

Kairi_7378
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
As much as DH loves the turkey legs he thought this was :sick: too.

Melanie
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
I've seen a lot of questionable air freshener scents in my time, but these take the cake. No food pun intended. Yuck! :ack:

AgentC
07-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Yuck. I can't even imagine turkey leg scent. I don't even like the scent of the real things in the park!

BrerGnat
07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Although, hiding one of the turkey leg scent ones in a car would make for really good practical joke...

Gator
07-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I actually like the idea of a Mickey Premium Bar or a Mickey Waffle freshner. Can't wait to grab one when I get there.

buzznwoodysmom
07-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Love the idea, HATE the scents. Honestly I don't want my car to smell like any food product, disney or other.

I wish they'd come up with scents to capture the smells of some of the resorts. BC, YC, and GF have the best smelling lobbies!!! I would buy anything in that scent, car freshener, room spray, bath products, anything. I love that scent.

DizneyRox
07-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Get them quick before they are discontinued. These won't last but a few months...

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2012, 08:37 PM
I made the mistake of showing this to DH. He is actually excited about the turkey leg, and hopes to pick one up when we go. :confused:

Geesh ... although the candy apple one could be good :thumbsup:

i'm grumpy
07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Gross. I don't eat the turkey legs, sure wouldn't want my car to smell like one. :funny:

LandFan
07-11-2012, 09:42 PM
I wish they'd come up with better scents. I never eat candy apples or mickey waffles or turkey legs and just WHAT does a Mickey Premium bar SMELL like??? Ones that remind me of being in specific places would be better like:

apple pie in Philharmagic
orange & pine in Soarin'
the lobby at the Poly
The water ride smell (think POTC)
Rome is burning in SE (for guys, lol)

THere is an article on the Disney Parks Blog about this and the guy said he was sent to take pics of things that people eat so they could make air fresheners out of them.

I really think they should have thought more about places that have certain smells like I mentioned above.

Having the smell of the Poly lobby or Soarin' in my car everyday would make me HAPPY!!

Whereas having the smell of a turkey leg or the cloying scent of a waffle in my car everyday (a confined space) might make me want to :sick:!

Really nice idea - but poor choices imho :(

Pop Centurion
07-11-2012, 10:08 PM
I just bought a new car in Jan & told my wife no eating in the car.
So I think I'll get the turkey leg so when she get's in she can say "hey, were you eating in the car?" Hahahaha!

Seriously though, I'd probably get the candy apple or Mickey waffle.

mgmnut
07-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Although, hiding one of the turkey leg scent ones in a car would make for really good practical joke...

Love this idea!!

Anyone know the cost?

Are they sold in the parks?

TinkerbellT421
07-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Love this idea!!

Anyone know the cost?

Are they sold in the parks?

Don't know cost yet.

But according to their Facebook page they are going to start selling sometime in August :mickey:

mgmnut
07-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Don't know cost yet.

But according to their Facebook page they are going to start selling sometime in August :mickey:

Perfect, that's when we are going, last week of Aug

TinkerbellT421
07-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Perfect, that's when we are going, last week of Aug

Great! They should definitely be there by then I would guess. Be sure to take a mental note of some of the scents if there's more than what they have already stated.

Ed
07-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Not interested in any of them. :nono:

Now, if they come out with a COFFEE scent, I'll buy a case! :coffee:

j2k
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM
These wouldn't have to only be used in the car. They could be used to in the pantry, laundry room, etc.

Here's a thought, hang the turkey leg in the laundry room... If you have a dog, imagine how confused he would be :confused: looking all over for something yummy to eat. :funny:

We're going in early August and will look for these.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Nope, sorry - don't want my car smelling like food. Lavendar, Oranges, Spring Rain - sure, but turkey leg, waffles, or candy apples - no thanks.

Wolf
07-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Although I'd much prefer Polynessian Lobby, I think the Dole Whip one might get bought lol So I can torture myself while in dreary Alabama far away from anything pineapple-y

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2012, 11:12 AM
No thanks. I don't like scented anything ... except maybe clean laundry. (HMMMM Maybe that's what they should do!? ) I do like the shapes as objects, but the smells would make me nauseas. :sick:

figgie
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Well, these are certainly a different Disney souvenier! Cheers for the new product....not sure it will be on my list but looking forward to seeing and smelling them before I make my mind up about them.:bar:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I actually like the idea of a Mickey Premium Bar or a Mickey Waffle freshner. Can't wait to grab one when I get there.

I saw it, too, and am glad to know it's real! No desire for the turkey legs, though I used to think they smelled good till I actually tried eating one--no!! Dole Whip would be heavenly, or maybe the waffle. I will try to see if I can catch the scent of a Mickey Bar in a couple of weeks. I can't say I actually remember that!

disneykid99
07-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I wish they'd come up with better scents. I never eat candy apples or mickey waffles or turkey legs and just WHAT does a Mickey Premium bar SMELL like??? Ones that remind me of being in specific places would be better like:

orange & pine in Soarin'
the lobby at the Poly

THere is an article on the Disney Parks Blog about this and the guy said he was sent to take pics of things that people eat so they could make air fresheners out of them.

I really think they should have thought more about places that have certain smells like I mentioned above.

Having the smell of the Poly lobby or Soarin' in my car everyday would make me HAPPY!!

Whereas having the smell of a turkey leg or the cloying scent of a waffle in my car everyday (a confined space) might make me want to :sick:!

Those sound like great scent ideas! I was also thinking that the water ride smell or soarin would be great. Hopefully your ideas will be used.:thumbsup:

i'm grumpy
07-14-2012, 10:37 AM

orange & pine in Soarin'
the lobby at the Poly

I agree.

LudwigVonDrake
07-15-2012, 10:48 AM
While I love the taste of Turkey legs :tasty: I'm not quite sure I want my car smelling like one :ack:

Figment!
12-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Dole Whip and Popcorn varieties have been added to the Air Freshener Line-up.