PDA

View Full Version : Victoria & Alberts

JROriole8Fan
07-11-2012, 11:45 AM
While in the past we have tried every WDW Dining experience, on 8/5 we will be dining at Victoria & Alberts for the first time. Anyone who has expereinced V&A's please let me what we should expect and/or anything you can tell me about in advance. We are really looking forward to this unique dinner, but everyone I know has never been there before. I need INTERCOT's experience. Thanks in advance.

PlutoPlanet
07-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Never been there, but would like to read your report.

meldan98
07-11-2012, 01:03 PM
We at there for Christmas Dinner in 2000 on our honeymoon and it was an unforgetable experience. The service and food were amazing. The 2 dining areas are small and the tables are far enough apart that you don't have your neighbors breathing down your neck. If you are a wine drinking, I suggest getting the wine parings. They are expensive, but worth it. In addition, if you drink coffee, be sure to order it. Believe it or not, it is a once and a lifetime experience. I don't drink coffee but was facinated by the process at our neighbors table.

LuvsTigger80
07-11-2012, 03:59 PM
We just ate there in April. And it was a great expierence. Can't wait to save more money to do it again. It truly was the best dining experience we have ever had. We did learn that next time we eat there to take a taxi. So worth the extra money. One my hubby in a suit and the heat..not a fun combination and we were late to our reservation because the monorail had a broken door. Thankfully they called and let them know. The cool part was that Israel (the Maitre D) came by the table to see if we had made it there or not. You will love your dinner there. And the coffee was cool. My hubby got that. My MIL and I got hot tea. :mickey:

gratuspater
07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
It is a very nice meal with several different courses. The atmosphere if very formal and there is a dress code enforced. I'm more of a basic meat and taters kind of guy, so many of the dishes seemed strange, but EVERYTHING was excellent! The interior of the restaurant is dim, and there was a live harpist playing background music, very relaxing. Take your time and enjoy the food, it's not a meal as much as it is a experience. Even without saying that, it will take some time, as you can imagine for the price, everything is made from scratch after you order it. My wife loved it, and as for me not really being into all the fancy stuff, it was still very nice. I don't know if they do this any more or not, but at the end of dinner we were given personalized menus of the available courses and my wife received a rose, it all looks great framed in a shadow box with a pic of us all fancied up (which we took while walking through epcot back to the dolphin, it was kind of funny, I overheard several people ask if we had just gotten married, and one couple asked us directly). That brings me to another point. We were staying at the dolphin, so instead of walking in the heat (while wearing a full suit) or takeing disney transport to the grand Floridian, we took a taxi which was about $20.
It was nice enough that I will probably take DW there again, for a special occassion, maybe even spring for the chefs table, which is in the kithchen, and the chef makes a custom meal for each person at the table. Enjoy!:thumbsup:

faline
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
We've dined there twice - once about 7 or 8 years ago and once, two months ago. It is very expensive but it is both an experience and a good meal. Be prepared to select menu items that you might not normally choose to eat. As advised, unless you are totally non-drinkers, get the wine pairings.

Dress on the formal side. Jackets and ties for men - evening wear for women. Tables are spaced a fair distance from each other - you won't be eavesdropping on the conversations at other tables. Each table has two servers who are VERY attentive - but not at all overbearing. Space is provided between each course so that you can rest before the next course arrives. This is not a meal to rush through. While servings may appear on the meager side at the beginning of the meal, I can guarantee you will have more than enough to eat.

The style is very Victorian. The atmosphere muted - it's like you've entered a private world.

Be sure to order the coffee which is prepared, fresh at the table.

There are some menu choices so you're not totally locked into a chef chosen meal but you will not have a large list to choose from for each course. Be adventurous in your food choices!

Most of all - savor each moment of this special meal!

LandFan
07-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I can't wait to do this! The chef's table at V&A is THE only thing on my dining bucket list. :cloud9:

I'll have to wait a couple of more years as we are not doing it this year but maybe for our 15th anniversary trip...

lettripp
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I will try not to repeat much, but I will second everyone's opinion that it is fabulous (was hands down the best meal of my life). Something that I loved was the attention to detail in every aspect of the dining experience. One thing of note was that during our meal there were 3 different bread "courses" that were bread and butter pairings. I thought this was the coolest thing! My husband enjoyed the coffee... to the point that he asked where he could buy the mechanism used to make it! You can expect to be treated like royalty... your plates will arrive at the same time, served by multiple waiters. There are limited choices so go in with an open mind and you won't be disappointed! :mickey:

Katzateer
07-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Does the price include the wine or is that additional ( neither of us are wine drinkers).

If I only like chicken or steak and my husband won't eat beef but will try just about anything seafood, chicken or pork, are there enough choices? I am guessing maybe they have 2 or 3 entrees each evening?

May have to try but wont be our October trip.

Sounds like it would be fun except I don't have a thing to wear.

lettripp
07-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Does the price include the wine or is that additional ( neither of us are wine drinkers).

If I only like chicken or steak and my husband won't eat beef but will try just about anything seafood, chicken or pork, are there enough choices? I am guessing maybe they have 2 or 3 entrees each evening?

May have to try but wont be our October trip.

Sounds like it would be fun except I don't have a thing to wear.

Wine is not included in the cost, and some entrees cost more than the basic fixed price menu. If you only like chicken or steak, you may have trouble selecting plates for each course. They seemed to put rather eclectic proteins on the menu.

awaggett
07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
I am echoing most of the previous posts--but wanted to chime in. I'm a bit of a foodie and have tried great restaurants all over--V&As definitely stacks up with the best I've had. Truly an amazing experience. I stressed a bit on what to wear--I don't typically pack evening wear for Disney!, but was fine with a simple black dress. Highly recommend the wine pairings--definitely worth it. Also, to note--I have a shellfish allergy and they were very accommodating. Definitely get the coffee--it's an amazing process! Enjoy!