PDA

View Full Version : favorite snacks

kurt
07-11-2012, 11:34 AM
what are your favorite snacks that you get in the parks?
at magic kingdom i always enjoy the dole whip floats in adventureland.
at world showcase i always enjoy the sno cones at Japan:goofy:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Chocolate covered caramel pecan patty at the candy store on Main St. in MK and Churros at the Mexican Pavilion

PlutoPlanet
07-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Dole Whip at MK

Caramel covered rice krispy treats at the Germany pavilion at EPCOT

Slushie at the writer's place (forget the name) at DHS.

CanadaLovesDisney
07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
We like churros in MK.
And ice-cream!!!!!!!:cloud9:

Tigerinvestigator
07-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Cream Cheese pretzel in MK.
Cloudberry Puff pastry- Kringla Bakery Epcot
Used to love the eggrolls in Adventureland but haven't seen them in awhile.:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Dole Whip Float in MK, especially when it's hot out.

We love the kaki gori (sp?) in Japan in Epcot.

Anything caramel in Germany.

Carrot cake cream cheese cookie at the Writer's Shop in DHS.

Any frozen concoction poolside in the summer!

dizneydeb22
07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
No trip is complete without a Mickey Bar at Magic Kingdom. Our first day is always the Magic Kingdom, so that is where we get them.

We also love Karamel Kutche(?) in Germany. Just about anything there!:bar:

Wolf
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Dole Whip in MK
School Bread in Norway Epcot
Character apple in HS
Chocolate covered banana in AK

Belle of the Ball 051411
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Pretty much anything in the World Showcase! France and Norway are my favs though.

Dole Whips in the MK and the Main Street Bakery.

Arielfan98
07-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Although the dole whip float is a favorite and so is the turkey leg, a traditional snack in my family is to buy popcorn at Tomorrowland since that's typically our last section of MK we go to. I'm also curious to try the mickey shaped pretzels at the lunching pad.

BIGDOG
07-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Been a while since I bought one but my vote is for .. TURKEY LEG .... Do they still sell them? And if they do can I have them packed on dry ice and over nighted to my office for lunch tomorrow?

cer
07-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Hand-dipped ice cream cookie sandwich at the Main Street Bakery in MK.

They are HUGE! Plenty to share.

Wolf
07-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Been a while since I bought one but my vote is for .. TURKEY LEG .... Do they still sell them? And if they do can I have them packed on dry ice and over nighted to my office for lunch tomorrow?

If you can talk them into employing that method I want Ohanna chicken wings on a weekly ration sent to my office in a unmarked package lol Excuse me while I drool

TheVBs
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Too many to name, but Mickey ice cream bars always top my list! :mickey:

Auntie B
07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Oh boy, may I please have a carrot cake cookie from DHS?!?!:tink:

tiggerbuddy
07-11-2012, 04:33 PM
I agree !!!:number1:

No trip is complete without a Mickey Bar at Magic Kingdom

Briansmom
07-11-2012, 07:16 PM

If you can talk them into employing that method I want Ohanna chicken wings on a weekly ration sent to my office in a unmarked package lol Excuse me while I drool

Anyone else see a pattern here....canine animals going after poultry?? :funny: (sorry, I'm a dork.)

We like the candied almonds and pecans at EP and AK. :tasty:

DizneyFreak2002
07-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Dole Whips... Always a must have... And a frozen lemonade in Epcot... :)

azcavalier
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Oh yeah. Mickey ice cream bar, or anything from the Boulangerie Patisserie in France. *drool*:tasty:

Darbylew
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I have so many that it is hard to list them all
but I will try
prezels
funnel cakes
mickey bars
frozen bananas
dole whip
hot almonds
caramel apples
cotton candy
ice cream sudae
frozen drinks
popcorn
caramel corn
school bread
I could go on and on but I am going to stop here

DizneyFreak2002
07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Darby, you made me remember the frozen bananas. I did I forget those LOL... And, yes, strange I know, but pickles from DHS....

finaldynasty
07-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Dole Whip, Turkey leg and a big cupcake at my resort!

LandFan
07-11-2012, 10:03 PM
frozen choc. bananas at AK

Grand Marnier slushie in France:marg: (I personally think it qualifies as a treat :cloud9:)

Mickey chocolate bars with the rice krispies in them (I don't know why these bars taste better in WDW... sigh...)

DH loves the carrot cake desserts at WDW that come in the single serving round cups.

I love the pineapple upside down cake in those round cups that you can get at sunshine seasons!

Oh, I also love the Mango pie you can get at Yak & Yeti. Their CS used to sell it in single serving cups too but I think that has been discontinued and you have to get a slice by going inside the restaurant now :(

The rice cream at Kringla Og Bakerei in Norway

I'm sure there is more but that will do for now - I have to stop as I am drooling :D

indytraveler
07-12-2012, 04:33 PM
In MK, I normally get the Mickey Bar and if available, The caramel corn from Sleepy Hollow.

popcorn usually does the trick too. I have enough of the souvenier tubs to make a nice set.

MrPeetrie
07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
No trip is complete without a Mickey Bar at Magic Kingdom. Our first day is always the Magic Kingdom, so that is where we get them.

Dizneydeb, you said it. They're my favorite and I'm looking forward to my next one in September.

Other favs:
Apple Charlotte in Main Street Bakery.
Popcorn and bottle of Coke from vendor in front of castle. (It just tastes better there.)
Frozen chocolate-covered banana at Epcot.
S'mores dessert at 50s Prime Time Cafe.
Kringla from Norway.
Uno doppio espresso from Italy. (Not technically a dessert.)
I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

SandmanGStefani24
07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
MK-the popcorn. I know VERY well that popcorn can be found almost anywhere, but it seems to taste better at WDW and I always love to grab a bag when I'm there. It makes my day complete and I never really eat a meal at MK anyway so snacks are the rule.

Epcot-Mexico Nachos. I know this can sorta be considered a meal, but I always snag some between lunch and dinner at Epcot. The ham and cheese croissant in France is a close 2nd, and more of what most consider snack size.

Resorts-Tye Dye Cheesecake.

civilmousefan
07-13-2012, 08:27 AM
I look forward to the Orange flavored soft serve. I think you can get it at the same place they make the Dole Whips.

Wolf
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Anyone else see a pattern here....canine animals going after poultry?? :funny: (sorry, I'm a dork.)

We like the candied almonds and pecans at EP and AK. :tasty:

Must be pack mentality!! :paw::paw:

mommy2maddi
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Carmel/Chocolate covered strawberry from Karmel Kuche in Germany. Yummmm:cloud9:

EpcotFan182
07-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Dole Whips and Mickey ice cream bars...mmmm yummy mmmm :tasty:

SlinkyDog
07-13-2012, 04:29 PM
are we counting turkey legs as a snack? if not im going with a bucket of fresh popcorn on main street.

LudwigVonDrake
07-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Mickey waffles and funnel cakes from Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. Turkey legs and pretzels from Frontierland and Dole whips from Adventureland.

All of it = :tasty:

Pop Centurion
07-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Dole Whips
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich (Main Street Bakery)
Milk Chocolate Covered Caramel (Karamell Kuche)
School Bread (Kringla Bakeri)
Caramel Apple covered with White Chocolate & Heath bar (Candy Cauldron)

VWL Mom
07-14-2012, 06:25 PM

:funny: I must be one too!

PirateLover
07-14-2012, 07:58 PM
My favorite snacks:
Mickey Bar :bar:
Dole Whip :papple:
Popcorn :popcorn:(While waiting for fireworks or a parade)!

missastrocat
07-21-2012, 05:53 PM
The Orange Swirl treats (like the dole whip, but orange). I may have been known to throw a tantrum or two in the past when NOT getting one of these. :fit: I've not gotten my way only once when they were closed when they were adding the aladdin ride.

ANG
07-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Dole Whips and Mickey Ice cream bars

Dopey's Girl
07-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Popcorn. I love the popcorn in WDW!

Chocolate mousse from France and Mickey ice cream bars. Yum...

texas211
07-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Any dessert from the German pavilion, a Mickey shaped Rice Krispie treat, and a new one. desserts at the MGM Villains place. I grab a Rice Krispie drum stick while the DW rides Aerosmith.

DNS
07-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Carrot Cake Cookie at the Studios! Worth the trip to the Studios just for that. Also Dole Whip at MK.

Main Street Jim
07-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Jalapeno cream cheese pretzels....Dole Whip...

My *favorite* used to be a chocolate-pineapple Dole Whip. They used to have a vanilla, chocolate, and pineapple. They would also have a "regular" chocolate/vanilla swirl. I used to have them "custom-make" the pineapple/chocolate one just for me :) They got rid of the chocolate a few years back, and I was so disappointed :(

lovemy3girls
07-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Dole Whip Float, cheese danish from the Main Street Bakery, and a nice cold fountain coke!

jnfr2424
07-30-2012, 10:33 AM
They don't make my favorite snack anymore!
It used to be (and I have no idea why I loved this so much!!) in Adventureland the Egg Roll Cart. They used to sell a Hot Dog Egg Roll with cheese. Used to be a highlight of my trip as a kid.
Now I have to say I guess anything from the bakery in France or during F & W Festival the chocolate cake with the Bailey's Irish Creme gnauche (hurry up October!!)

Wolf
07-30-2012, 01:43 PM
(hurry up October!!)

AMEN!!! :cloud9:

Mrs Bus Driver
07-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Goodness 3 pages of snack food, ok make me part of the pack another vote for turkey legs:paw::paw::D

MKFD43
08-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Citrus swirl by the Tiki Room