PDA

View Full Version : Resale and rofr

ranty
07-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Hey everyone. I'm still knee deep in the research of purchasing resale dvc points. Another question on rofr. Reseller websites say that you really should not offer below 55 per point. I know it is a personal question but has anyone gotten points below that or would Mickey send up the rofr alarm and fairies carry me away!, haha thanks for the info?:mickey:

VWL Mom
07-11-2012, 07:44 AM
It all depends on what resort you're looking at. I was told you shouldn't offer under $70/point for VWL or the owner would be insulted, I offered $55 and closed yesterday. The owners jumped on it. If you were buying a house, would you go in at top bid?

If you goggle ROFR you'll get a lot of good info. Right now OKW seems to be the resort that Disney is taking back the most. Probably because they can extend it to 2057 and resell it.

Good luck with your search

DizneyRox
07-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Remember, DVC is a real estate transaction. It's in everyone's best interest EXCEPT the buyer to bid high. Even your own agent would rather you spend as much money as possible!

ROFR is not bad... The only difference if Disney pulls ROFR is that Disney buys the points from the seller instead of you. It's not like Disney voids the transaction and says it can't happen, Disney just buys the points at your bidding price.

There are TONS of points out there, you'll find more. Disney won't buy them to keep you from getting them, they will most likely not buy them unless they can resell them quickly, as Disney would be responsible for the maintenance costs, and those add up fast.

Low ball, it's in your best interest... Nobody else will tell you that... Especially not a real estate agent.

It's different with a house, not all houses are the same, etc. Points are points and there are tons available.

CajunDisneyDad
07-11-2012, 09:28 AM
We are buying in for less than that, but we are buying into Vero Beach. We are in the ROFR stage right now, Disney has 14 days left to exercise it. Like the folks said, check the net to find out. Most people will post if disney exercises ROFR and you can get an idea of what their threshold is :)
Good luck!

Pastcastmember1715
07-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Being in the process of buying resale now, this is a question that I have had from the beginning but hesitated to ask....you've got to wonder who's best interest the real estate company has at heart? The seller is listing with them to sell their contract and the buyer is coming to the same real estate company to purchase. Sounds like the best of both worlds. I'm not implying they do anything wrong but when you make an offer do you tell your agent "offer them this but I will go as high at this" or just start with an offer?

VWL Mom
07-28-2012, 10:47 AM
I would say just start with an offer. You know what you will be willing to go to but anyone else should be on a need to know basis IMO.

VWL Mom
07-28-2012, 10:48 AM
We are buying in for less than that, but we are buying into Vero Beach. We are in the ROFR stage right now, Disney has 14 days left to exercise it. Like the folks said, check the net to find out. Most people will post if disney exercises ROFR and you can get an idea of what their threshold is :)
Good luck!

Just wondering if you passed ROFR?

DizneyRox
07-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Being in the process of buying resale now, this is a question that I have had from the beginning but hesitated to ask....you've got to wonder who's best interest the real estate company has at heart? The seller is listing with them to sell their contract and the buyer is coming to the same real estate company to purchase. Sounds like the best of both worlds. I'm not implying they do anything wrong but when you make an offer do you tell your agent "offer them this but I will go as high at this" or just start with an offer?
Never let them know what you're ok with, if it's higher, then that's what you'll be paying. I play the let them know who's boss game. Doesn't hurt to walk away, let them wait on answers, etc... Especially in the resale market,there are tons of options. While its not a game, it's a financial transaction, and it's YOUR best interest to pay as little as possible; and EVERYONE else benefits if you pay more.