PDA

View Full Version : If you called at 7 months for your NEXT or MOST RECENT trip...

Aurora
07-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Another just-for-fun poll.

This is a question about your MOST RECENT DVC trip or your UPCOMING DVC trip if you called at exactly 7 months out to try to get a non-home resort.

Did you get what you wanted when you made your request? What are/were your dates, and which resort were you trying for?

Interested to hear other people's experiences!

TinkerbellT421
07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
We got the Boardwalk like we wanted. Just not a one bedroom Boardwalk View. So right now we have a one bedroom preferred view and have wait listed for the Boardwalk View. But either way we will be happy!

VWL Mom
07-10-2012, 07:34 AM
For our most recent trip, end of June, we were able to get 2BR LV at BLT by switching our arrival one day.

For our upcoming trip in November I tried doing things at 5 months out and still got good results. Booked AKV std 1BR for 3 nights with a WL for Sav view, and waitlisted 3 nights BWV boardwalk view and it cleared 3 days later. I was actually amazed since it's the end of F&W. This will be our first split stay and our first AKV stay so I'm looking forward to it.

TinkerbellT421
07-10-2012, 08:02 AM
For our most recent trip, end of June, we were able to get 2BR LV at BLT by switching our arrival one day.

For our upcoming trip in November I tried doing things at 5 months out and still got good results. Booked AKV std 1BR for 3 nights with a WL for Sav view, and waitlisted 3 nights BWV boardwalk view and it cleared 3 days later. I was actually amazed since it's the end of F&W. This will be our first split stay and our first AKV stay so I'm looking forward to it.

Nice! We missed the BWV this December trip by one day, there is one day smack dab in the middle of our trip missing. Then we tried Beach Club and there was about two days, the second day of our trip and the second to last day of our trip missing. So we just stuck with preferred view and waitlisted for BWV. We were surprised Boardwalk was even an option at the 7 month mark because we pretty much had it in our mind that December being so busy that it was probably not going to happen. But it did :party:

chefmickey3
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
We are staying at Beach Club 1 bedroom July 29-August 1. We own at SSR and BLT. I called 7 months out.

faline
07-10-2012, 08:41 AM
For an upcoming trip, we called at the 7 month mark and were able to book the accommodations we wanted. For another upcoming trip, we called just shy of the 5 month mark and did not get the accommodations we wanted so we are wait listed for that one.

RAIDER
07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Our home DVC is BLT and we had booked for two weeks in early Dec which wasnt a problem. We just recently ( June ) stayed at OKW.We loved it so much we asked to swap our two weeks in Dec from the BLT to OKW and we got them ...Were over the moon :thumbsup::beer:

WRWDisney
07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Yep, got a two bedroom at OKW, December 22-28.

Looking forward to an awesome Christmas trip with the family!

Basket Mommy
07-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I called 4 months before we visited in January. My top choice was a 2BR Savanna view at Jambo House, AKL. Got it with no problems.

The only time I've had to wait list was when I wanted a 2BR at BLT for early May 2011. I booked a 2 BR at VWL (my 2nd choice) and wait listed for a 2BR Lagoon view at BLT. Got it within about a month of booking. I called around the 5-month mark. We rarely book anything earlier than 6 months.

Our home resort is HHI.

sonamae80
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
For our upcoming trip (Nov 27 - Dec 2), we wanted BLT, BW or BC. They had nothing at those resorts, they only had openings at our home resort, STS. We are currently waitlisted at BLT and BW, so hopefully something might come up between now and then.

Pirate Granny
07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Got TP view at BLT on a Saturday (2 bedroom dedicated) for June one night; got another TP view studio for the last night of a trip in October; changed our trip by one day to get VWL the week after thanksgiving (studio); my friend at work just got four days at BLT, TP view in Feb (2 bedroom dedicated).
So far so good, but we bought where we love so it wouldn't have mattered.

Will look for a small resale at VWL if hubby like in November :secret:

Plex
07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
MK View at BLT last summer and VWL this summer! wooo!

dlpmikki
07-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Book VWL a couple of weeks ago and this morning just got MK view at BLT (about two days in to the 7 month window)

Tinkermom
07-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Wanted a split stay at BLT/OKW for 12/28-1/4. I was able to get a 2 bedroom for entire stay at OKW. We wait listed for the first 4 nights at BLT. Will be ok either way just wanted the convience of BLT to MK as we are going to watch our son march with his high school marching band in the MK parade on New Year's Eve. Would love to avoid transportation and just be able to walk over and back.

Question- we could do either a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom and we really don't care about which view at BLT. Online I can only request one particular room. I'm guessing there is no way to request ANY opening, right? Since I'm pretty sure that is the case which room do you all think would have the best chance at opening up? Right now I have a 1 bedroom standard view on waitlist.

DizneyFreak2002
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
What I normally do is book my home resort at 11 months out so I have my reservations in order... At 7 months out I try to find a different resort... I have yet to be successful, but I guess that is mainly because of where I am looking and the time of year I go...

I usually head down in October during Food and Wine.. And I have tried to get Boardwalk... No luck ever... I did, however, have luck getting a room for my friend last year for Animal Kingdom Lodge in less than the 7 month out window... But he was heading down in November...

The only time I stayed in a resort other than my home resorts (I own in Saratoga Springs and Bay Lake Tower) was my first DVC trip, when I stayed in Old Key West....

Aurora
07-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Wanted a split stay at BLT/OKW for 12/28-1/4. I was able to get a 2 bedroom for entire stay at OKW. We wait listed for the first 4 nights at BLT. Will be ok either way just wanted the convience of BLT to MK as we are going to watch our son march with his high school marching band in the MK parade on New Year's Eve. Would love to avoid transportation and just be able to walk over and back.

Question- we could do either a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom and we really don't care about which view at BLT. Online I can only request one particular room. I'm guessing there is no way to request ANY opening, right? Since I'm pretty sure that is the case which room do you all think would have the best chance at opening up? Right now I have a 1 bedroom standard view on waitlist.

Your chances of getting a standard view at that time of year are extremely slim. Standard-view rooms go quickly because there are very few of them (about 10 percent of the total number of rooms) and they are the lowest number of points. View-wise, your best bet is lake view (about 70 percent of the rooms). Statistically you have a slightly better chance of getting a 2-bedroom because BLT has about 140 dedicated 2-bedrooms and 133 lock-offs (either 133 2-bedrooms or 266 1-bedrooms and studios).

Of course, you're looking to stay at BLT on New Year's Eve. Besides the waitlist, you'll need a lot of luck.

DonLefNY
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Got BLT at seven months, but I did not call. I used the online booking feature.

FiggyFan
07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Booked 2 Studios at BCV for early August back in January. No problem getting the dates we wanted.

nac813
10-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Home is SSR, and called on 7-month yesterday for BWV, standard view, and got it without trouble! Counting down to our first-ever DVC trip! :mickey:

Gator
10-05-2012, 01:43 PM
We really wanted Boardwalk, but it was full. And we were told that chances were slim of getting it from the DVC people we rented from. We ended up at Kidani Village, which was great, too. Wouldn't have been too happy if we got stuck at OldKey West or Saratoga. They just didn't interest at all.

VWL Mom
10-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Home is SSR, and called on 7-month yesterday for BWV, standard view, and got it without trouble! Counting down to our first-ever DVC trip! :mickey:

:welcome: to INTERCOT
and
:welcome: HOME

ElenitaB
10-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Where's that "Like" button?!?

Our home resort is WVL but we don't ever stay there unless we travel when Christmas decorations are up. I used the online booking system and got a 1 bdrm/standard view at BWV for President's Week.