PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Planet Blu-ray

tinkwest
07-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I just noticed that Treasure Planet is being released on Blu-ray for the 10th anniversary edition. I had honestly forgotten all about this movie! Never saw it in the theaters but I do have it on DVD. Think I'll have to watch it again and refresh my memory. Can't even remember how much I liked or perhaps disliked this one. Anyone have opinions on this movie and whether they would bother to buy this edition?

DVC2004
07-09-2012, 12:01 PM
I know when my boys were little they liked it and we had the DVD because they enjoyed watching it from time to time. We saw it at the moveis too. They enjoyed it because it was an adventure. I actually forget about it too until recently. It was basically Treasure Island retold in a space setting. I don't remember disliking it like some movies. The funny things I remember was the mom was Andy's Mom from Toy Story (Laurie Metcalfe I think, same voice) and there was a song in there by the Goo-Goo Dolls. ;)

I don't think today I would buy the Blu-Ray, mostly because it was a movie my kids enjoyed. Me, it wasn't bad but I don't think I'd want to sit down and watch it more than once like a Toy Story or Finding Nemo.

Mickey'sGirl
07-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Our oldest son (now 14) LOVED Treasure Planet and it brings back many happy memories for me. That said, I don't know that I would buy it on Blu Ray, unless I got it at a bargain.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-09-2012, 06:05 PM
We own it on DVD - did not see it in theatres. It comes out once in a while when we do a Disney Movie Marathon Weekend. I would not go out of my way to upgrade to Blu-Ray.

Lizzy
07-12-2012, 12:07 PM
My ODS who is 13 now really liked the movie. We watched it alot. I probably will not buy it on Blue Ray unless its a really reasonable price.

My DVD player is on the fritz so as long as we are watching movies on the PS3 they might as well be Blue Ray

NJGIRL
07-12-2012, 01:08 PM
It was a great song.