Episode 35- You're All Very Special
The Cast: Mel, Carol, Nanci, John, Ian, Jeff

- Seriously? Carol? Hello? Ok, she was on mute

- Gary emails in and calls John sexy

- Art of Animation Resort opens

- Mel Cylon's out and everyone is afraid to mention it

- Underwater conversations

- Ticket price increase

- Character Meet to replace Camp Mini Mickey? Was John right?

- Cars Land opening

- Despicable Me @ Universal

- Latest Fantasyland information and opening times

- Dumbo pagers, Ian guarantees lines even with two Dumbos

- We grumble about meet and greets and being net one ride

- Next podcast - 10 copies of Shane Gamble's CD to give away at random to those who suggest topics for Best Of

- INTERCOT's Best of Ride Experience That Didn't Go As Planned. Carol broke down on Space Mountain. Mel, Body Wars, Barf and Elizabeth Shue mention, Jeff stuck on Carousel of Progress, Nanci rides Haunted Mansion with someone else's child, Ian stuck on Alice in Wonderland, John recalls riding up front on the Epcot line and the driver repeatedly honking the horn

- Adventures by Disney in 2013

- Glow with the Show Mickey ears

- Buying tickets with your smartphone

- Duffy dad's day shirt

- Horizons mention - Epcot 30th Anniversary Celebration

- Marathon/Run Disney News

- Snow White mention

- Victoria & Alberts - no one on the podcast has been there

>> Listen, Love, Download, Enjoy, SHARE WITH A FRIEND! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-35.asp)

Melanie
07-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Hopefully my cylon issues improve with my new location. My son says the internet is "FAST!". ;)

Glad you got this episode out before you left John. Enjoy your celebratory cruise with your family!

SBETigg
07-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Sounds like an awesome episode! Thanks for getting it to us. I had to look up Shane Gamble. Is he one of us? Is that a dumb question? How about a best of: attraction based on a movie that best captures the feel of the movie. Too long? I'm trying to think of something that hasn't been done.

John
07-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Sounds like an awesome episode! Thanks for getting it to us. I had to look up Shane Gamble. Is he one of us? Is that a dumb question? How about a best of: attraction based on a movie that best captures the feel of the movie. Too long? I'm trying to think of something that hasn't been done.

Shane is actually a good friend of mine and is on the verge of breaking nationally (he also teaches me bass guitar :) . He's on iTunes and Amazon and you can find his music online at http://www.shanegamble.com

I've got 10 signed CD's waiting to roll to folks who suggest topics for the next BEST OF - we'll pick at random. BTW, the CD is AWESOME ;)

ftwildernesskid
07-08-2012, 05:36 AM
I can't remember if this one has been done before, but...best thing to do that is not in one of the parks.
Super excited to hear episode 35!!

BriarRose0708
07-08-2012, 09:29 AM
YES! I am in the car a lot this week for work and vacation and I can't wait to download immediately and listen. You are too good to us to work so hard after your technical difficulties, John. Enjoy your well deserved family time!

How about Best of Best of's? Which of the previous Best Of segments have you enjoyed doing the most?

SBETigg
07-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Shane is actually a good friend of mine and is on the verge of breaking nationally (he also teaches me bass guitar :) . He's on iTunes and Amazon and you can find his music online at http://www.shanegamble.com

I've got 10 signed CD's waiting to roll to folks who suggest topics for the next BEST OF - we'll pick at random. BTW, the CD is AWESOME ;)

Awesome! Thanks. And best wishes to Shane.

Buttercup
07-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Oh, I've got the BEST Best Of... John is gonna love it.

Best SIGNAGE at Disney World. With the Best Kerning.
:D:D:D

PirateLover
07-08-2012, 05:27 PM
How about a best of Characters... either the best character interaction or rarest character you saw in the parks.

I think the glow with the show Mickey ears look pretty awesome, and I'm looking forward to experiencing them in person in less than a month! :mickey:

Mendelson
07-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I was listening to the podcast while working from home today. I took a minute to check out my LinkedIn page and while I was scrolling through suggested connections for me, TWO people on the podcast were suggested as people I might want to connect with. While I was listening to them talk! How do "they" KNOW???

It's a brave new world, folks. :-)

Melanie
07-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I was listening to the podcast while working from home today. I took a minute to check out my LinkedIn page and while I was scrolling through suggested connections for me, TWO people on the podcast were suggested as people I might want to connect with. While I was listening to them talk! How do "they" KNOW???

It's a brave new world, folks. :-)

Okay, that's weird. :eek2:

Plex
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Number crunching and analysis of ticket pricing you say?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! :)

Dopey's Girl
07-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Another great one everyone!

My strange/unexpected ride experience was in Splash. The ride stopped right before the big drop. We sat for a bit (they kept announcing that there was a commotion down stream and that we would move shortly, but to stay seated) and after just a few mins, they got everything up and running again. We had just started moving, when we heard a shout behind us, only to see a woman in the cart behind us jumping out of the ride vehicle. They stopped the whole thing again, and we got to listen to this woman have a full scale panic attack. She kept telling the CM's that she didn't want to ride, that her family made her, and that she thought she was going to die. They walked her out and restarted the ride. We were down at least 30 mins at that point, so they gave us each a fast pass for Splash, and another for any other ride in the park. Once our ride was over, we saw her with another group of CM's...I'm pretty sure she was going to get an ambulance ride. She was freaking out.

lettripp
07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
How about "Best of Cast Member interactions." Could cover everything from random acts of kindness to character meet-n-greet experiences. I can think of several note-worth experiences off the top of my head and I wonder if you all can too ;)...

As for unexpected ride experiences - getting evacuated off of Splash Mountain and walked through the "laughing place" and out backstage is one I'll never forget! That... and getting an announcement made on my behalf because I tried to FlipCamera our exit (oops!). Either way, that was incredibly cool (once they turned the song off!).

Thanks again for an awesome podcast. So happy to have gotten to listen before we leave for the world on Saturday!

Disney Hungarian
07-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Best of suggestion;
How about a "Best of" subtle Disney touches. ie. key under mat/items on shelf at Main Street train station. Things the casual guest might overlook but are true Disney.

Septbride2002
07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
If you guys NEED to have someone go to V&A to eat and give a dining review I would be happy to volunteer. :cool:

Great Podcast as usual! I have to say that Nanci - I do not know what I would have done if someone put their child alone on a ride with me. I mean a roller coaster is one thing - but a slow moving dark ride - not going to happen. WTH was she thinking?

I miss riding in the front of the Monorail - although I totally get why they don't do it anymore. I still miss it. It was something my daughter got to do and loved and it bums me out that my son will never have the experience.

That Adventures by Disney California trip sounds AMAZING and I can't believe I didn't know it existed. Dang. With kids it would be impossible to swing the cost and time but man that would have been cool to do 6 years ago.

~Amanda

Disney Doll
07-10-2012, 01:44 PM
I feel a little left out. In years worth of Disney trips I've never experienced a ride evacuation. We had a few delays here and there, but never to the point that we had to exit the ride. I want to exit the ride. :pout:

Tink1
07-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Great Podcast as usual! I have to say that Nanci - I do not know what I would have done if someone put their child alone on a ride with me. I mean a roller coaster is one thing - but a slow moving dark ride - not going to happen. WTH was she thinking?

I was so flabbergasted that by the time I realized it, it was too late, we were in the hall of eyes.

At that point it didn't matter that it was not *my* 5 yr old, it was *A* 5 yr old and I would protect him. He inched his way over until he was practically in my lap.

Told him the same things I told my own kids at that age. "it will be OK, it is only Mickey Magic" "Mickey would never let any ghosts hurt you in here" etc etc.

After the ride the mom just said "Thanks" and left. I did not even know what to say to her then!

That Adventures by Disney California trip sounds AMAZING and I can't believe I didn't know it existed. Dang. With kids it would be impossible to swing the cost and time but man that would have been cool to do 6 years ago.

~Amanda

Something to think about for an Anniversary Trip! I think if we ever do a West Coast Intercot shindig, we should do the tour as well.

Nanc

PirateLover
07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
I feel a little left out. In years worth of Disney trips I've never experienced a ride evacuation. We had a few delays here and there, but never to the point that we had to exit the ride. I want to exit the ride. :pout:

Be careful what you wish for 'cuz you just might get it! It will probably happen at the most inconvenient time for you. My unexpected ride story was that we broke down on Test Track just as we got to the outside track and were about to start speeding. It was supposed to be our last ride before grabbing a spot to catch Illuminations. We we stuck out there, slanted to the left and buckled in for 45 stinkin' minutes. They kept making announcements and we thought they were going to evacuate us but they didn't. An older foreign couple was in the back seat and they had no clue what the announcement was saying. It was HOT and HUMID and we missed Illuminations because of it! We did get to see some fireworks from the car :cool:

When it finally got back to running it crawled at a snail's pace to the end, and we did not get a re ride pass but we didn't complain.

dpamac
07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey. John's a sexy beast. You can't deny the man with the velvet voice.

HighSpeedLowDrag
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
You did best of "resort theme" so about a best of park "land" theme? Which park area is the most authentic, imaginative, etc.

Pooh Fan
07-10-2012, 11:36 PM
How about a Best Of "Off-Site' Series? Best of Off Site Accomodations, Restaurants, Non-Theme Park Activities, etc. Just my :twocents:

diz_girl
07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey. John's a sexy beast. You can't deny the man with the velvet voice.

I didn't know that John was dead sexy or so sexy that he knows it, I just thought that he was (cue music) too sexy for his shirt, too sexy for his shirt, so sexy it hurt.

Anyway, still listening, but I've got a topic - Best Meal That You've Ever Had On Property. It can be any type of meal at any time of day and it doesn't necessarily mean the best food quality. It could be the whole dining experience or even something special that happened at the time that made it the best.

Buttercup
07-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Thought of a couple more:

Best store to shop at on Disney property.

Best parade viewing spot (at each park with a parade).

Best thrill ride (can't believe this hasn't been done yet?).

Best frozen treat or dessert (*Bonus points if nobody chooses a Cherry Churro!)

Best ride grand finale.

Best resort pool.

Best water park attraction.

Best spa or marina activity.

Quadstriker
07-14-2012, 04:13 AM
How about best (or WORST!) travel experience getting to or from Disney?

Getting there is half the fun, right?

mjm
07-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Hopefully my cylon issues improve with my new location. My son says the internet is "FAST!". ;)

Glad you got this episode out before you left John. Enjoy your celebratory cruise with your family!

Mel, you guys are always complaining on the podcast about the slow Internet at WDW. Is your Internet problems at your old house possibly an indication that the problem isn't Disney but whatever ISP Disney uses in Florida? Of course, I don't know what your proximity to WDW used to be.

mjm
07-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Can you please say what day you're actually recording the podcast so we can have a sense of dates when your talking about news items?

I like the intro and break music. I don't know if anyone asked this before, but where is that from, or did you just put something together?

Suggested best of: what regular queue lines are worth going through, at least once, rather than getting a fast pass.

Also, in the podcast, John mentions that you can't ride in the monorail anymore. So, since that unfortunate accident with the monorail backing into another one, you can't ride in the front anymore?

Buttercup
07-14-2012, 08:39 PM
I like the intro and break music. I don't know if anyone asked this before, but where is that from, or did you just put something together?
It's just a production library of music, I believe. You can find them online or buy discs of different types of background music in 15, 30 and 60 second lengths. John didn't write it or anything!

Also, in the podcast, John mentions that you can't ride in the monorail anymore. So, since that unfortunate accident with the monorail backing into another one, you can't ride in the front anymore?
That's right. Nobody has been allowed to ride up front with the driver since then.

mjm
07-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Another suggestion for top ten:
We all have favorite past attractions that have been closed. What current attraction, besides Snow White, would you be sad to see closed?

bleukarma
07-17-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm going to repost my suggestions I posted a few months ago in the Best Of's thread just so my hat gets thrown in the ring for the drawing. ;)

How about a best of:
-Things to do at WDW that isn't at a park

-Breakfast's at WDW

-Cast member interactions

TinkerbellT421
07-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Okay, finally got to listen to most of the podcast. Been crazy at work! :( Still have about a half hour to go.

By the way I love being mentioned on Podcasts :) Isn't that like three podcasts now? When do I get banned? lol

My best of ride experience that didn't go as planned was this past January trip. DBF and I haven't ridden Small World in a few trips, so we decided to torture ourselves this trip and give it a whirl seeing there was only a ten minute wait (shocking!). So off we go in our little Gondolas. When about half way through the ride, where the hula girls are kicking and singing along, the boat stops. We were stuck there for FIFTEEN minutes. I cannot even explain the torture that was. Finally DBF says "That's it I'm swimming for it!" the couple that was in front of us started busting out laughing! Ah were we glad when the boat started finally going, the song is bad enough for the amount of eternity it already feels like, never mind the extra fifteen minutes!!!!! :thedolls:

My best of suggestion, which I think I have suggested before: Best extinct meal/drink or snack. The favorites that you can no longer get! I know I have a couple!