PDA

View Full Version : Having second thoughts...

DizNee143
07-07-2012, 07:41 PM
We are going in Sept..and we were gonna stay at all star music..
But just upgraded today to the carribean beach resort to a pirates room..
But for some reason I'm having second thoughts about it...
Ugh I hate this..maybe I should just switch back...or go to Pop Century..
Any insight would be great..
Going to the pirates room was pushing it alittle financially but..it's do able..
I'm just going crazy thinking I made a bad decision...

waymickey
07-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Relax it's disney you are going to love it no matter what.

Maybe try to make a list of what is really important to you. Transportation? Room size and theming? Pool? Food available? Walking to main building distance?

I did POP after three vacations at WL and did regret it, however we still had a great time and now know what we prefer; for us we like having all rooms connected to the lobby and being close to MK.

DizNee143
07-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I know..since I wrote this..I've sat here talking about it with my hubby.
I've stayed here before with my parents and sister back in the mid 90s..
Since then my parents have gotten DVC and let us use it..so we are use to the boardwalk and wilderness lodge..we LOVE the wilderness lodge!, but don't have that kind of money :(
But we are paying out of pocket for this one..since it was a surprise trip from the hubby after just getting back from Disney in May..since that one ended on a bad note..
I think I'm just trying to make this the best I can..I don't want anything bad to happen this time..
The only thing bothering me about the carribean is how far away things are..

disneymom15
07-07-2012, 08:33 PM
What are you second guessing? Do you feel you're spending to much money on CBR? Perhaps you could do a split stay. It is nice to be able to try other resorts and I think the pirates rooms would be a fun experience. Hope you feel better about which ever resort you decide to chose.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I think you will love the pirate rooms! I really enjoyed them--well done! And the CBR is one of my favorite resorts--headed back there in 18 days! Much prefer it to the AllStars when we can do it. :wave:

Mousemates
07-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I think you are overthinking things...you will be at WDW...you will be in a pirate room...you will be with your family...you are bound to have a great time.

jonahbear2006
07-07-2012, 09:10 PM
we planned on camping for 3 weeks in october. We ended up being upgraded complimentary bc my son was soooo bitten by mosquitoes that he looked like he had chicken pox. the moms at the pools kept pushing their kids away from mine as if he had a disease. This was all due to standing water in the campgrounds. There were SWARMS of mosquitoes all over us all of the time. Anyways, I will get to the point, They offered us POR or CBR and I had never stayed CBR so we took it. We LOVED it!! We absolutely loved the layout and the pleasant beach walk to the pool everyday. The pools are amazing there and they have some of the best pizza on property. It quickly shot up my list to one of my favorite resorts and I will stay there again. I, however, have no interest in re-living the all star movies experience again nor the POR.

DizNee143
07-07-2012, 09:16 PM
I switched to CBR for the bit bigger room..the better pool..and the kiddie pool..and then I think the pirate room sounded awesome..
I know our 2 1/2 year old daughter will probably get a kick out of the room..and sleeping on a "boat"

I can't pin point anything on what I'm second guessing..when I started reading reviews seems they weren't very positive and it got me thinking..

It's just our last trip in May ended with me miscarrying our baby..and I'm just trying to make this the best trip possible and I think I'm just over thinking everything. This started as a long weekend get away just for my hubby and me to regroup..he wanted to surprise me and see me happy again..then I couldn't go back without our daughter and now I just think I'm over analyzing everything..it's making me crazy..

Melanie
07-07-2012, 09:28 PM
If you are concerned about the distance as you mentioned, be aware that the Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South which is the furthest away from Old Port Royale and the main pool. It can be a hike. Why they did that I'm not sure. That's what I like about the Princess rooms at POR. They are in a preferred location. That said, the Pirate rooms are waaaay cool! We loved all the cool Piratey touches.

buzznwoodysmom
07-07-2012, 09:31 PM
So sorry for your loss. I am sure it's a tough enough situtation, and to have it happen in your "happy place", I'm sure, made it even worse. I wish nothing but a wonderfully, magical trip for you this time around!

For what it's worth we LOVE CBR. I know it gets a bad rap often, but we've always enjoyed our time there. We've stayed there twice, both times in the pirate rooms, and my boys begged to stay there again on our trip this month. We aren't doing the pirate rooms this time. Only because my mother will be with us and the walk is a bit much for her. With DH, msyelf and our kids, the walk was not bad at all. We actually enjoyed it. Anyway, we are thrilled to be going back to CBR, we've missed it over our last several trips at other resorts. We are only staying there for 3 nights, then doing a split stay with 3 nights at Yacht Club to try a new resort.

I second guess our resorts all the time. Our trip this month was actually supposed to be 6 nights at Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Guest Room, but I started second guessing and we ended up switching. We would love to stay at them all one day, but we've had such wonderful times at certain resorts that we often want to return. Everytime we are staying at a resort we've previously stayed at I second guess if I should go with what we know we love, or try something new. That's why we almost always end up with a split stay. It's a way to revisit our favorites and also get to try new resorts (often finding new favorites along the way).

If you really feel the pirate rooms will be too far out from everything (they are the furthest from the main pool and food court) then perhaps your little one would enjoy the Royal Guest Room (princess themed) over at Riverside. While it's still a large resort, it's not as spread out as CBR, and the themed rooms are also not the furthest out like they are at CBR.

Whatever you decide the important thing is your in WDW with your family!!!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-07-2012, 10:33 PM
I can only imagine how hard that must have been, and my heart goes out to you.
Your husband obviously loves you much, and wants to make you happy. Just go with that as much as you can, and enjoy the delight you know your daughter will have being back at Disney World with you both.
I know how it is to try to make everything perfect, and can get carried away with the planning of every detail trying to make sure it all goes just so. The trip I worked the hardest on turned out to be the worst one ever. Next one was more relaxed and I have learned to let go of a lot, just enjoying the spontaneity and the Magical Moments. It's a work-in-progress!:blush:
I really think the CBR will offer you a fun-filled room, and serenity and beauty every time you step out of the door.
Have a wonderful trip with your family!
:hug:

GusNJacque
07-08-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. If you are second guessing the move I say go with your gut. It is usally right. Go with what you are comfortable with. Especially if it is a long walk as others have said your not going to be happy.

Sending lots of :pixie: and :wishes: your way.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Just curious, did you price the Wilderness Lodge rooms as compared to the pirate themed room? I want to say the cost was about the same when we went in December.

LudwigVonDrake
07-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Go with your inner voice and what makes you comfortable. There will be plenty of trips to WDW in the future. Do what feels right to you :mickey:

LandFan
07-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I sympathize - I have the same thoughts every time I try to go somewhere different!

Good luck to you and as several others have said - go with your gut. You may wish to stay with what you know works for you for this trip to ease back into things.

TheVBs
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I think it's totally understandable that you're experiencing some anxiety about this trip. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, it doesn't have to be a perfect trip to be a wonderful trip. I agree with those who have said go with your gut, with what feels right to you. If you try the pirate rooms and decide it's not for you, you might even be able to switch resorts during your stay. I hope you guys have an awesome trip! :mickey:

DizNee143
07-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Thank you everyone..
I'm feeling much better about my decision..it's amazing how talking about something can make you feel better!
I'm not even a planner really..I know what parks we are going to each day..but that's where the planning stops..
I don't know why this was bothering me so much..but I'm excited to try out the pirates room!
Thank you all again for the love and advice :mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
07-08-2012, 11:05 PM
We love love love CBR!
You will have an amazing time.:mickey:

j2k
07-09-2012, 12:19 AM
I had second thoughts myself!! It's so difficult when you're trying to make it special and perfect, but I finally realized we'll be at WDW so it will be great if I go with my gut. We're going in a few weeks and originally booked at AllStar movies... But then we decided to book a moderate since the price difference wasn't all that much. We were choosing between CBR and CSR since we live in south Louisiana and didn't want POR and POFQ. After researching we decided on CSR because CBR didn't have queen beds and didn't have elevators. That was our big deciding factors. They may have queen beds now because they were scheduled to be upgraded, just not sure when. Someone else will likely come along and correct me. Overall CBR looked beautiful but I have ankle issues and wanted to minimize climbing the stairs after being on my feet all day around the parks. Go with your gut and it will be great.

Sorry to hear of your loss at what should have been such a happy time! I hope you Have a great trip!! :mickey:

Wolf
07-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Dont stress hun!! Just sit down and think which would be better, to stay somewhere alittle cheaper and have more spending, fancy food or drinks money or to stay somewhere nicer. If nothing else do what I do, flip a coin, the trick here is before you look whichever side you're hoping is up is the place you should stay regardless of the coin flip. I may be crazy but that works for me when I can't decide things.

Patricia
07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I enjoyed the CBR, I love the tropical feel.. I stayed in Trinidad South which is now Pirate rooms and I loved the walk in the morning. At night (when the kids were tired) we jumped off the bus at Port Royal and grabbed snacks and drinks and hopped back on a bus to Trinidad South. No prob. The kids loved the main pool, but were just as happy to hop into the empty quiet pools too.

DizNee143
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I was a bit scared about this long walk everyone is talking about but after I talked to everyone and Wendy telling me it's only about a 6 minute walk I'm not worrying about that any more since in May we stayed in the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge..and it was just about as long as a walk from our room to the food court every day..
I'm really getting excited now..I'm gonna try not to stress over anything else for this trip!!
Only 71 days :mickey:

AgentC
07-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I was a bit scared about this long walk everyone is talking about but after I talked to everyone and Wendy telling me it's only about a 6 minute walk I'm not worrying about that any more since in May we stayed in the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge..and it was just about as long as a walk from our room to the food court every day..
I'm really getting excited now..I'm gonna try not to stress over anything else for this trip!!

I just got back from CBR and hope to put up a trip report later today. We stayed in the pirate rooms and my kids adored them. They spent quite a bit of time battling from their "ships".

It is a lovely resort and I would definitely stay there again.

Wolf
07-10-2012, 09:57 AM

Way to go!!! :thumbsup: Have a great trip!!

mydisneygirls
07-10-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you.

I don't know when in Sept you are going but in about two days Disney will be releasing free dining for Sept 29 through Oct 4. Might be worth checking it out.

Have a great time!!!!!!

johnO
07-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Brittany,

Sorry to hear about such a tragic loss on your last trip. I think youre possibly going into your next trip with some trepidation due to the terrible experience on the last trip. This is normal.

From time to time we second guess some plans but what it always comes down to, in my mind, is the fact that we love WDW. The only thing that can change that, is WDW. If WDW changes for the worse, perhaps we'll stop going. But until then, we're going to keep heading to WDW and trying new things and new experiences. Some we've loved and some we have not. Though some plans we've made have been disappointing, even upsetting, we've checked off the list and added it to the "Things NOT to do in WDW." list.

I know im getting long winded, but I guess what Im trying to say is; if you try CBR and you dont like it, just remember there are a ton of other resorts to try. WDW is a great place to visit and sometimes we may not have the best time or experience for one reason or another. Freedom of change is a great thing and WDW has alot of variety.

BriarRose0708
07-26-2012, 08:27 AM
It's just our last trip in May ended with me miscarrying our baby..and I'm just trying to make this the best trip possible and I think I'm just over thinking everything. This started as a long weekend get away just for my hubby and me to regroup..he wanted to surprise me and see me happy again..then I couldn't go back without our daughter and now I just think I'm over analyzing everything..it's making me crazy..

Oh Brittany, I am so sorry. I think you will enjoy CBR, and don't dwell on it too much. No matter where you stay, this will be an important trip of magic and some healing after your loss. Here's hoping you have a lot of pixie dust!

January-2007
07-27-2012, 10:00 AM
I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. I hope this trip is a healing one.

texas211
07-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I've gone cheaper on the resorts, and always regretted it. I've spent more, and have never regretted it.

Right now, the CBR prices are on par w/ POR and PORFQ, so, all of those are great.

Crow
07-28-2012, 11:27 PM
sorry... i know something like that must b hard. my father died on one of my trips to WDW...
my gf and I split a stay at CBR w WL..and she wanted to try t Pirates rm but we didnt.
another time we stayed at POP.
i like splitting stays.
dont worry, its disney. enjoy t time together.

DizNee143
07-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Thank you everyone! It was a hard way to end our last vacation..even harder when we had to drop an extra 800 bucks since we had missed our flight home..but trying to put that all behind us.. ( don't get me wrong it was a great first trip for our daughter..we all had a good time)
I am definitely feeling better about the decision and we are all excited to go! Only 51 days!
Hopefully it will be a fun time for us!! I really think our 2 1/2 yr old is just going to love the pirate ship beds and the kiddie pool area!! :mickey: