PDA

View Full Version : Episode 35 Delay

John
07-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Hey All:

Just wanted to keep you up to date... there could be a delay on getting this episode out the door.

My hard drive took a dive last nite and while it's RAID Mirrored and Backed Up - there is still a lot of work that will need to be done to get things back the way they should be.

I'm actually going ahead and installing 2 new drives this morning which will double my capacity.

Fear not, the podcast files are safe and on an external drive - however the editor and the mixing board are hooked up to the computer - as is the mic for the intro and outro.

Add that to the fact that I am on vacation officially tomorrow and there is a chance it may be another week before this puppy gets out the door.

Unfortunately, Murphy came to visit this morning and while I was ready - it's still going to take a little bit of time to recover.

Thanks for your patience. Now might be a great time to explore back episodes here on the site.

JOHN

SBETigg
07-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes, I have a chance to catch up! I didn't get to listen to 33 yet and only half of 34. But I am sorry about the technical issues. I hope it's not too much of a pain for you, John, headed into a vacation week.

John
07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes, I have a chance to catch up! I didn't get to listen to 33 yet and only half of 34. But I am sorry about the technical issues. I hope it's not too much of a pain for you, John, headed into a vacation week.

Well, the nice thing is vacation doesn't start till half way thru tomorrow. I was prepared (had two new hard drives standing by) and it's going to be 110 degrees in the Mid Atlantic region today. What better day to sit inside and work on your computer? :)

Trying to look on the bright side of life...

Fangorn
07-07-2012, 03:51 PM
John,

Sorry for your loss.

I'm well aware of the work involved in getting things back up and running after an event of this nature. Even when everything is fully backed up and you know you haven't lost anything, it still takes all that time to get back to "normal".

I feel for you.

Steve

Goofy4TheWorld
07-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Did you try to "unplug and plug" the hard drive?

:D

John
07-07-2012, 08:24 PM
...actually - I did :thumbsup:

Just finished doing the shownotes - as long as I can record the open - I just might get this baby online tonite......