PDA

View Full Version : Rent DVC?

CMCTxMom
07-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Can anyone speak to this with experience? The concept is equally tempting and scary to me... I don't like the idea of having to trust someone else with complete control over my reservation... but I LOVE the idea of being able to stay DVC.

TinkerbellT421
07-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I have not personally rented DVC, but no some who have, and that is a pretty common topic here with lots of experiences expressed. Trying doing a forum search for some details in the mean time of waiting for others to reply. I'm pretty sure the DVC affiliate the timeshare store rents DVC and from what I hear they are a very reputable company. Never have seen any complaints. Go to their link through here on intercot and see if there is a "most frequently asked questions" page to see if any of your questions or concerns are questioned and answered. I do know to try avoid doing google search types because that can lead you to a lot of rip off type scams. I would wait for some fellow intercoteers to give you some personal hands on experiences and places they went through. But in the mean time check out the time share store. That is definitely not a rip off lol.

lawgirl
07-07-2012, 10:22 AM
We are renting from the DVC Rental Store for Sept. I found them through another WDW info forum. So far I've been extremely pleased with all the communication and the level of professionalism from this company. There is a contract you have to sign, and it all seems very legit.

I would be very careful in chosing the company you go through! But so far I'm very pleased and the prices cannot be beat for DVC!

Pirate Granny
07-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I rented a couple of times before we bought. The scarey part was paying in advance and trusting the person. We rented on another Disney board, but there are companies if you would feel safer. I had to send $7 grand to him 11 months in advance when the reservation was made, as we had a grand villa for 8 nights. Worked well, he was great, and a bit cheaper than renting from the rental company. Never had an issue with any of the rentals. But I understand the fear.

VWL Mom
07-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Our INTERCOT sponsor The Timeshare Store does do DVC rentals. I believe they charge $12 per point. Give them a call if you have questions, they can help you out.

Tri Minnie
07-07-2012, 10:26 PM
We have had wonderful experiences renting points. We did not want the extra risk of renting strictly through an individual, so we have used a few different options, including the timeshare store. I would definitely recommend them. However, it is dangerous :) We are now considering buying DVC.

epceddie
07-10-2012, 02:02 AM
We bought our DVC points from the Timeshare Store and it was a quick, professional transaction. They couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. I highly recommend them for any kind of DVC transaction.

MarkC
07-10-2012, 11:38 AM
We bought DVC through the Timeshare Store a few years ago, and my son rented points through them 2 months ago for part of his honeymoon after draining all our points. In both cases the transacations were seamless and we had no issues or concerns at all. I would trust them over anyone else and have no concerns at all.

BugeyedMuggy
07-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Just returned using rented DVC points. All went very well. No problems. As long as you understand it is non-refundable all is good.

buzznwoodysmom
07-14-2012, 05:19 PM
We have rented DVC points several times.

The first time was through a guy that someone here recommended to me several years ago. A friend of mine also rented from him, and neither of us had any complaints. With this guy I think I paid around $12 a point.

Then I've rented twice from DVC members that are on another disney discussion board. Both experiences were great, and one of them still PMs me every time she's getting ready to put points up for rent incase I'm looking to rent again. For one stay I paid $10 per point, and the other time the DVC owner had just enough points leftover for one night at AKL and she just rented the night to me for an even $100. That was a great deal.

The last few times I've rented from a friend of mine. She and I actually met through Intercot probably 7 or 8 years ago, and live in the same city. We've become great friends, have lunch together several times a year, and she often has more DVC points than they plan to use. So either she'll call me to see if we are planning any trips and might be interested in renting from her. Or sometimes I'll call her before booking a Disney trip to see if she has any points she'd like to rent. She's rented points to me for as little as $5 a point, and up to the typical $10 a point, depending on time of year, or how many points I'm asking for. She has also rented a night and just said "pay me $100 for the night".

So all in all I've rented from 4 different DVC members over the years and I've had nothing but great experiences each time. I've never encountered any issues at all. I can PM you with any info you want. Just let me know.

CMCTxMom
07-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks to everyone for your great advice. I just signed a contract with an owner I found (and checked out) online. Checked Fl coptroller, checked references, checked the address on Google maps. Got the reservation confirmation from Disney - I think we're all set! Beach Club Villas it is! :) Thanks Intercot advisors!

AgentC
07-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks to everyone for your great advice. I just signed a contract with an owner I found (and checked out) online. Checked Fl coptroller, checked references, checked the address on Google maps. Got the reservation confirmation from Disney - I think we're all set! Beach Club Villas it is! :) Thanks Intercot advisors!

Yay. I love the Beach Cub Vilas. You will enjoy them! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
07-14-2012, 07:23 PM

That's great!!! The very first time we rented DVC points it was for a week at BCV! We loved it. I think you are going to have a wonderful time!

lawgirl
07-20-2012, 09:23 PM

That's so exciting! Hope all goes well. It really seems to be the best of WDW...the price is so much better, and I LOVE the DVC properties. Have so much fun!

p.s. I was advised and bought travel insurance through Travel Guard. I highly suggest looking into it! Especially bc the DVC rentals are non-refundable.

stephicakes
07-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Congrats! That's great :mickey: We have rented DVC points for the past couple of trips as well as the trip we are taking this September. Renting allows us to stay Deluxe for a fraction of the normal cost. This will be our second time staying in a 2 bdrm villa and treating family members to a great resort that normally they could not afford. We rent from the same folks each time because we trust them completely.

Have a great trip and I am glad you found someone to rent from! :)