PDA

View Full Version : signature restaurants

readytogo2
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
DW and i are planning early 2013 trip for 20th anniversary and thought we might do a signature this trip for the first time looking for opinions fish entrees are out nothing really exotic either just looking for really good food and atmosphere thanks

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe Artist Point given your description of what you want. Jiko is actually my favorite for an aniversary dinner but it is a little exotic. Other places that come to mind are Shula's Steakhouse and Bluezoo (although it is mostly seafood).:thumbsup:

andypooh
07-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Meals we really have enjoyed are teppan edo, lecellier, ohana

Lecellier is not romantic but has a great atmosphere and we lived our meal last week and it has a great atmosphere

readytogo2
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
we may be on the dining plan if that matters

SBETigg
07-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Victoria and Albert's would be a really special treat, expensive and not on the dining plan but well worth it.

Our favorite is Bistro de Paris, but that's undergoing a massive refurb for now. We also love California Grill, also about to go down for refurb. I think you might like Citricos. Narcoossee's is good, too, and it's actually not all fish. The chicken on the menu is amazing, and the filet mignon is fantastic as well. We were not impressed with Yachtsman's Steakhouse, but if you are basic meat and potatoes fans, it might be a hit with you.

If you don't like fish or exotic, avoid Jiko and Flying Fish (though both are really good).

Jared
07-05-2012, 08:02 PM
If you're nixing fish entrees and exotic cuisines, I'd consider Artist Point (Wildnerness Lodge) Citricos (Grand Floridian) or Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club).

Artist Point, in particular, is a perfect balance between melding a relatively simple menu with fine dining.

Mousemates
07-05-2012, 10:40 PM
While we greatly enjoy California Grill (the fireworks from the viewing deck are wonderful), our all time favorite meal was at Artist Point...great service, great food (but not exotic).

Cinderelley
07-06-2012, 03:04 AM
What do you plan on doing after dinner? You could find a restaurant near there to cut down on travel time.

Yachtsman Steakhouse was amazing when I took my friend there for his birthday. Then we spent time on the Boardwalk.