PDA

View Full Version : DIY Dessert at Trail's End

TracyL
07-05-2012, 03:45 PM
We had dinner last night at Trail's End, which is a favorite of ours. If you haven't been, I recommend it highly -- you can often get in even when everything else is booked, the food is great and as far as I know it's the cheapest buffet on property at $24.95 per person for adults.

Once we had eaten well and were thinking about dessert, I asked our server to please bring me a half glass of root beer with no ice. She looked puzzled, but did as I asked. I thanked her, took the glass, and headed over to the soft serve machine to add some frozen vanilla happiness.

Once she figured out what I was up to, our server was surprised and delighted by this little innovation of mine. Apparently she hadn't ever seen anyone else do this, and it got me to wondering if anyone else has ever tried it. You could do it at any buffet, Disney or otherwise, that serves root beer and ice cream. It was perfect for me because Trail's End serves drinks in pint-size canning jars, so it wasn't crazy huge like the ones you would buy at Auntie Gravity's or other places that sell root beer floats. And no extra charge, either! :thumbsup:

If you're a root beer float fan, give it a try next time you're at a buffet that serves ice cream.

TheVBs
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I love root beer floats! Great tip, thank you! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
We have got to try this place. In all the years we've been going, and as often as I've heard wondeful things about this place, we've yet to try it.

My oldest DS loves root beer floats, he asks for them almost every time we eat out. I'll have to tell him about you idea the next time we eat at a buffet. Great idea!!!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Now that you say it, it sounds like such an obvious idea ... glad you enjoyed. :thumbsup:

Gator
07-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Hmmm, now to remember everywhere they have ice cream soft serve. Chef Mickey's has some. Any other buffet at WDW?