PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother 14

Melanie
07-05-2012, 02:35 PM
4 previous "successful" players returning, playing their 'own game'. Interesting.

From E! Online

CBS Announces Big Brother's New Season Twist!

CBS and ABC haven't exactly settled their differences regarding the similarity between Big Brother and The Glass House, but the show must go on!

And go on it shall, as CBS announced today the cast of the new season of Big Brother, premiering Thursday, July 12. And to give its 14th run an extra something, viewers will get a series-first twist…

For the first time in Big Brother history, four of the most successful players will return to the house to play their own game for their own separate prize. So who's coming back, and what exactly is their mission, should they choose to accept it? Naturally, CBS isn't giving those details away yet, but all will be revealed during the season 14 premiere.

As for the other 12 contestants, they'll still be competing the old-fashioned Big Brother way, and their grand prize is a cool $500,000. To get an idea who you'll be watching this season, check out the cast photos and bios and pick your early favorite!

Following the premiere on July 12, Big Brother will air three nights a week starting Sunday, July 15. And don't forget about the live eviction show, hosted by The Talk's Julie Chen.

What do you think of this season's twist? Any former Big Brother players you want to see return to the house?

SBETigg
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't watch Big Brother, but I just read one of the contestants is a Hantz, brother of Russell Hantz of Survivor fame. Eww.

JanetMegan
07-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Must be the one who is on the real estate show with him (that I can't stand.) DBF loves that show-flipped off.

Melanie
07-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Apparently it's not that brother (Brandon's dad). It's another, and I think I read there are like 11 siblings in that family. Oh joy.

So I read a little more about the 4 vets returning, and it seems they are going to be mentors of sorts. All I can say is that if Janelle returns (can't stand her!), and then add the Hantz in the mix, I may be skipping BB this summer. It's all good...I'm busier than normal.

laprana
07-06-2012, 10:09 AM
I love Big Brother and can't wait for it to come back on! But...

I don't watch Big Brother, but I just read one of the contestants is a Hantz, brother of Russell Hantz of Survivor fame. Eww.

Yuck! I'm so tired of the Hantz family. What is CBS' obsession with them??? I'm already hoping he's booted off early!

I wouldn't mind seeing Ragan, Lane, or Matt from BB12; Casey from BB11; and maybe Eric from BB8 come back. And I know they've been on before, but I'd love to see Jeff and Jordan on there again! :blush:

2Epcot
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
All I can say is that if Janelle returns (can't stand her!), and then add the Hantz in the mix, I may be skipping BB this summer. It's all good...I'm busier than normal.

I agree with you on Janelle. Couldn't stand her either time she was on ... Same for Kaysar and Rachel. I'm very tired of people returning outside of a full all star show. I just want to see all new people in the house, and some original twist that don't last 3 episodes or can be completely dismissed by one person's actions.

Melanie
07-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Okay so, if the spoilers I'm reading are correct, I hate 3 of the 4 returning players. Hmmm. :funny:

I'll watch tonight and see exactly what their roles are and how it's all supposed to go down, and then I'll decide whether I'm going to stick with it. :unsure:

2Epcot
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Okay so, if the spoilers I'm reading are correct, I hate 3 of the 4 returning players. Hmmm. :funny:

I'll watch tonight and see exactly what their roles are and how it's all supposed to go down, and then I'll decide whether I'm going to stick with it. :unsure:

I'm OK with all but one. I've been watching since the first season. I've already bought my live feeds, so I'll be watching no matter what, but hoping the old players aren't there too long.

Melanie
07-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm OK with all but one. I've been watching since the first season. I've already bought my live feeds, so I'll be watching no matter what, but hoping the old players aren't there too long.

I know which one you aren't okay with Chris. ;)

TheDuckRocks
07-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Well, that whole new coach thing was pretty lame.

2Epcot
07-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Well, that whole new coach thing was pretty lame.

As much as I don't like the old players coming back ... I do kind of like this new twist of them just there as coaches playing their own game, and not competing directly with the current players. It does change a lot of strategy in the game.

Melanie
08-08-2012, 06:50 PM
As predicted, I gave up on it. Final straw was allowing the coaches into the game as players and negating Shane's HOH week.

Anyone still watching?

TheDuckRocks
08-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm still watching as there not a whole lot of other things on this time of year. Mel, you will be very happy to know that your very favorite player ever went home last night.

Melanie
08-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm still watching as there not a whole lot of other things on this time of year. Mel, you will be very happy to know that your very favorite player ever went home last night.

HA!! Thanks for the news. I just went and read up some on it and I'm still glad I gave it up. Looks like with Frank in charge, Boogie is at his worst. Ugh.

Melanie
08-23-2012, 11:05 PM
LOL! That was great tonight. I had stopped watching, but have the season pass on my TiVo, so after doing some reading up on what's been going on, I decided to tune in hoping to see the end of Mike Boogie (hopefully forever!) on BB.

I watched those goodbye messages to Boogie 3 times. I'm not a fan of Britney by any means, but that was hilarious! And the look on Boogie's face while watching them was priceless! At least he went out with some class. I've been reading he's been a complete jerk this week.

TheDuckRocks
08-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Britney's message to Boogie might go down as the best thing to come out of this season, my DH and I nearly fell off the couch laughing. I too am hoping that is the very last we see of Mike Boogie forever.
Wish they could have gotten Frank as well, but Ashley The Dimwitted is a good second. Unlike Jordon whose "dumbness" was funny this poor girl was just very sad to watch.

IamBelle
08-24-2012, 01:13 PM
That was the best episode of BB in a long time! (It would have been better if Frank was evicted.) Britney's message to Boogie was hilarious!! I loved how Ian was responsible for the "best BB player" going home, Boogie was really shocked. Quack pack all the way!

laprana
08-28-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm still watching and I'm liking this season! If anyone follows the live feeds or BB websites, you'll know that Dan just made an EPIC move that could totally change the game! I'm rooting for him to win the whole thing again! :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
08-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Another interesting show tonight! This season is sure havinga lot more twists and turns than I would have guessed at the beginning.

Melanie
08-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Dan's the man. I like that he can totally separate game and real life. That's what makes him successful. Enjoying watching again now that Boogie and Janelle are gone.

Melanie
09-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Anyone still watching?

Dan, Dan, he's my man! If he can't do it, no one can! :cheer:

Seriously, he's a genius at this game. So glad Britney can see that and hope she can convince the other jurors that yes, it's just a game. And Dan is a master at it.

TheDuckRocks
09-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Has Dan played these fools or what! I am not feeling very good about the fact that they all know Dan was responsible for so many of them going home. Not too sure if he will get the votes or not.
For a season that I wasn't overjoyed about, it sure has turned into one of the better ones.

Carol
09-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Seriously, he's a genius at this game. So glad Britney can see that and hope she can convince the other jurors that yes, it's just a game. And Dan is a master at it.Exactly, Mel. It's gameplay. You got to give Dan props. His funeral was classic.

(I'd be ok with Ian winning as well.)

I get so tired of these contestants getting so angry at lies and manipulation on shows like this and Survivor. Helloooo??? You're not there to make friends. It's all about the money. If your butt gets played - then kuddos to the player.

:goodbad:

Melanie
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Exactly, Mel. It's gameplay. You got to give Dan props. His funeral was classic.

(I'd be ok with Ian winning as well.)

I get so tired of these contestants getting so angry at lies and manipulation on shows like this and Survivor. Helloooo??? You're not there to make friends. It's all about the money. If your butt gets played - then kuddos to the player.

:goodbad:

:thumbsup:

I'm okay with Ian winning as well.

As long as it's not Danielle. Man, that girl is a mess. They are portraying her as a sweet little Southern belle on the network show, but the live feeds show very differently. I'm fairly confident the jurors won't reward her behavior. I hope. :confused:

Melanie
09-20-2012, 07:02 PM
I really dislike a bitter jury. And that's all I've got to say about that.

TheDuckRocks
09-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I really dislike a bitter jury. And that's all I've got to say about that.

:ditto:

laprana
09-21-2012, 09:57 AM
:thumbsup:

I'm okay with Ian winning as well.

As long as it's not Danielle. Man, that girl is a mess. They are portraying her as a sweet little Southern belle on the network show, but the live feeds show very differently. I'm fairly confident the jurors won't reward her behavior. I hope. :confused:

Boy, you said it! Danielle was not at all how she was portrayed in the regular episodes. Her true colors were on full display in BBAD and the live feeds, and they were anything but sweet and innocent. More like delusional, bordering on psychotic! Shane is probably very glad he'll be in Vermont, far far away from Alabama!

I'm fine with Ian winning, too. I liked him more and more as the season went on and by then end, he was one of my favorites. But, I still think Dan deserved to win hands down over anyone else in that house. Some of the moves he made were just amazing. I can't believe Frank won America's favorite houseguest...it had to be rigged! :confused: He was just insufferable!