PDA

View Full Version : Monorails: Classic or Decorated?

VWL Mom
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm an early riser so last week I spent many a morning on the CR observation deck with my coffee while my family slept. As I watched the monorails gearing up for their day I decided I like the classic monorails. For me, the decorated ones remind me of ad signs on buses.

What do you think?

indytraveler
07-04-2012, 08:29 AM
They're decorated? Can someone direct me to a link to see them? I'm hoping it's not something that goes down the entire length of the train.

ImagiAsh
07-04-2012, 08:56 AM
They're decorated? Can someone direct me to a link to see them? I'm hoping it's not something that goes down the entire length of the train.

If you do a quick Google search for the Avengers Monorail, you will see one of the latest decorated monorails.

Personally, I love the classic monorails. We are in a world now surrounded by advertisements. I'd prefer to at least leave something as unique and classical as the Disney monorail untouched.

Pirate Granny
07-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Funny thing is, there is NO avenger merchandise in any of the parks...believe me, I looked and ask CM two weeks ago. :confused:

Luv4WDW
07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
I just googled to see a pic. I think they look kind of scary, lol! In the article I read it said that the Avenger monorail will be around through late summer, but didn't have a date. Has anybody heard of a date for this? Just curious if it will be around when we're there the end of August. Also, the article said monorail red was wrapped, but it didn't specify if that was just that particular picture or if all monorails are wrapped. Can anybody answer this?

AmandaChan
07-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I mean, it's not like they stay that way. the tron ones were pretty neat and it's something different. it's not like they put an ad up for cereal or something

darthmacho
07-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Prefer the classics, but don't mind if they slip one or two decked out ones on occasion.

tinksmom02
07-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Prefer the classics, but don't mind if they slip one or two decked out ones on occasion.

Same here. We were actually pretty excited to 1. spot the Avengerail, and 2. later on in the trip, ride the Avengerail. :blush: Something different. And it's not like ALL the monorails are decked out ALL the time.

Skippy
07-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I mean, it's not like they stay that way. the tron ones were pretty neat and it's something different. it's not like they put an ad up for cereal or something

Shhhhhh. They'll hear you.

JRocker
07-04-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't care so much about the advertising really. To be honest, advertising has been at the heart of Disney parks since inception. Kodak picture spots, Spaceship Earth brought to you by... etc.

What bothers me about them is visibility while riding them. Sure, you can see through them, but it's not a clear view.

Mousemates
07-04-2012, 11:46 AM
i like the classic monorail best....but an occasional variation is ok.

Melanie
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I personally like the classic monorails, but don't have issue with the wraps if they fit with the theme. Therefore, I liked Tron (since it was a Disney product that went through Epcot) and dislike Avengerail (although it looks cool, doesn't fit on MK line).

I also think the Halloween stickers they put on Monorail Orange and Black a few years back looked cute. Have no issues with those. Will try and find pics to put in this thread.

TheVBs
07-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I like both.

Kairi_7378
07-04-2012, 07:45 PM

This is how I feel about them... keep most of them "classic" but slip in one or two special ones.

Silver_Surfer
07-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Decorated:party:

VWL Mom
07-05-2012, 07:49 AM
I personally like the classic monorails, but don't have issue with the wraps if they fit with the theme. Therefore, I liked Tron (since it was a Disney product that went through Epcot) and dislike Avengerail (although it looks cool, doesn't fit on MK line).

I also think the Halloween stickers they put on Monorail Orange and Black a few years back looked cute. Have no issues with those. Will try and find pics to put in this thread.

I agree, I actually thought Tron had a great look to it. On the other hand Avengerail running through CR looks like a giant billboard IMO.

The Halloween stickers were very cute, totally appropriate

Wolf
07-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I loved Tron-o-rail, havent seen Avengersrail, would LOVE to see a Halloweenorail!!! :pumpkin:

DisneyDINK
07-05-2012, 10:43 AM
I loved Tron-o-rail, havent seen Avengersrail, would LOVE to see a Halloweenorail!!! :pumpkin:

I doubt you'll ever see a monorail that doesn't advertise some film or product.

How about a Duffy monorail? :ack:

Wolf
07-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I doubt you'll ever see a monorail that doesn't advertise some film or product.

How about a Duffy monorail? :ack:

I think Duffy is cute, wouldn't offend me at all. :)

Melanie
07-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Oh, and I forgot there was a time period where there were the celebration balloons on the monorails as well. Subtle and nice.

Finally found my Halloween pic. I think they are cute, especially how they were only on Monorail Orange and Black.

Darbylew
07-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I have to agree - Classic for me! :D

Wolf
07-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Oh, and I forgot there was a time period where there were the celebration balloons on the monorails as well. Subtle and nice.

Finally found my Halloween pic. I think they are cute, especially how they were only on Monorail Orange and Black.

I think I just died of cute!!!! I hope so much they bring those back this year!!!!:pumpkin:

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 02:26 PM

I'm with Darthmacho on this. Let's just hope they don't make any permanent changes. My favorite has always been monorail black with the red trim.:thumbsup:

RAIDER
07-09-2012, 08:20 AM
I prefer them classic in keeping with the orginal Disney idea /theme