PDA

View Full Version : How do you spend your time on property

Dyanna
07-03-2012, 03:06 PM
We are the type of people whom when we wake up & after breakfast is done we head to whatever park we have chosen for the day & stay there thru the evening after the night time shows. Friends who are traveling with us like to spend the am at the pool & hit the parks late afternoon. So wondering how your family likes to manage their Disney days.

MizMissy
07-03-2012, 03:52 PM
We (well, I, and while at WDW, the family follows my lead) like to arrive at park opening. I especially like a.m. EMH for accomplishing a lot before everyone else arrives mid to late morning. We will either eat an early lunch in that park and then ride/explore more. Usually a mid-afternoon pool break works for us, and more park time scheduled before or after dinner.

When traveling with my DH, it is essential to feed him well on a regular basis or he turns into Grumpy. The kids and I would prefer all parks all day with less time spent on meals.

BugeyedMuggy
07-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Since we work early in the A.M. we tend to get up early on vacation. We try to hit the park early and take an afternoon break and go to the park or dining in the evening. That said we are very flexible on vacation and hate to over plan.

mook3y
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
When we get to a park depends on how late of a night we have the night before. Then, we almost always head back to the resort during the heat of the day to swim and take a nap. This has had a lot to do with the age of our kids who will be 10, 8 and 3 this year.

We then head off for dinner and close out a park. Sometimes we do a later night at Disneyquest.

Also, when we are taking longer trips (10+ days) we take Saturdays off from going to the theme parks and enjoy our resort, go visit other resorts (usually for dinners) and hit DTD.

faline
07-03-2012, 06:31 PM
It varies for us. While we might get to the parks for opening, we might also sleep late and get to the parks whenever. Some trips, we may spend lots of time in the parks - other trips, we might spend far more time at the resorts. I do find that as time has passed, I tend to end back up at my resort in the afternoon for some time. I may return to the park in the evening but am just as likely to return to my resort and spend time relaxing on my balcony or in the pool. It's all there for us - we can each decide which style of touring works and we can change our minds multiple times as we go along - that's what makes Disney such a wonderful vacation destination!

buzznwoodysmom
07-03-2012, 07:00 PM
We are kind of all over the place with how we do the parks/resort time. Sometimes it just depends on how we feel, what we feel like doing. It greaty depends on time of year as well.

When it's hot out we try to be at the park at opening, stay till it's too hot to enjoy, spend afternoon at resort pool, then back into the parks around 6-7pm, staying till closing. There are times that by the end of a summer trip we are either doing the parks in the am, then staying at the resort pool for the rest of the evening, or sleeping in, spending the majority of the day at the pool, and spending the evening in the parks till closing.

When the weather isn't so hot we tend to spend more time in the parks, less time at the pool.

There is no right or wrong way, just depends on what your family enjoys. We travel with DH's sister and her family and we tend to plan our dinner ADRs together, but each family goes at their own pace for the majority of the day. If we meet up in a park, great!! We'll hop on a few rides together then each go our own way. We meet up for dinner each night, ride a few rides together after dinner, maybe watch a nighttime show with them, but we learned a long time ago that everyone is happier when each family does their own thing, rather than try to stick together all day. We don't even always stay at the same resort as them anymore. We sometimes want different things from our resorts. You'll have a much better trip if everyone can stay/do what they want, without trying to coordinate EVERYTHING together.

Georgesgirl1
07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
We like getting to the park at opening, going back to the resort for a nap and/or pool break and then heading back into the parks around dinner time. We also usually spend one or two days out of the park entirely-hanging out at the resort and checking out other resorts.

tinksmom02
07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
I prefer to be at the parks in the morning, take a midday break, and back to the parks in the afternoon/evening. *I* would prefer a nap for my midday break, but DD likes to swim. :blush: Sometimes it's enough to ride a boat/monorail to another resort for a nice sit-down meal.

Sometimes we'll start in the am and go until mid-afternoon and then end the day at our resort or DTD.

LudwigVonDrake
07-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Parks in the morning and early afternoon. Back to the hotel for a swim or nap then back to the parks in the evening until closing :mickey:

SBETigg
07-03-2012, 10:34 PM
We spend the first few days waking up early and heading to one park, getting stuff done, taking an afternoon break, and hitting a different park in the evening. After a few days, we tend to sleep later and stay out later. But generally, our pattern is to hit a park, take an afternoon break, and hit another park. We're hoppers. We also like to fit in some fine dining, shopping, and resort time. We're not all about the parks, but the whole Disney experience which includes resorts.