PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe Character Dining- Reviews please!

lawgirl
07-02-2012, 06:43 PM
I waited a little bit late in the game to make some character dining, but the Cape May had a breakfast opening, and it looks pretty decent.

Can anyone share any experiences they have had there? Is it worth the money? We usually don't make ADRs just because we like to go at our own pace and usually just do CS except for special occasions and our favorite places like Jiko, but my 2 YO son LOVES the characters and I thought this might be fun for him.

Your thoughts please!

Strmchsr
07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
We very much enjoyed our first experience there in May. It seemed slower paced than other character dining. It's also a little smaller. As a result, all the characters came by our table 3 times each and we weren't being slow in out eating. We did the obligatory pics the first time, but the other two times they recognized our family as one they had already seen, so they just played around with us for a second. The food was also pretty good. A little different than the standard character buffets.

lawgirl
07-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Do you remember the pricing for the buffet? I need to do some research and look it up, but if you have the info on hand that would be great!

Also, we will have a car with us. We are staying at AKL. Do you think its better to take the car or to try and catch busses to get there?

CosmicRay
07-02-2012, 08:06 PM
We do dining plan, so wasn't sure of the price. But I checked a website for menus and prices. They said: Adult price range: $26.62-$30.88; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $13.84-$17.03

Strmchsr
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
The price range above is the range depending on what time of year you're going - weekday vs weekend, value vs. regular season, etc. But that gives you the idea.

If you have a car it's definitely better to drive. Just remember you have a 3 hour limit at the resort and will have to go back to AKL to drop your car off after or drive to whatever park you're going to that day.

Wolf
07-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm 25 and Moma Wolf is...Moma Wolf age lol and its a serious do not miss for us, the food is excellent and puts us in walking distance for Epcot once done and honestly the characters are fantastic!! We've done almost every character meal on property and that one is by far our favorite!!

AgentC
07-03-2012, 10:19 AM
I really like this meal and agree with Chris that from AKL driving is the easiest option.

We have done this meal several times. I like the decor and the buffet set up. There is a good variety of food. The only reason we do not do this one every trip is because Mickey is not there. Right now a meal with Mickey is a must do for my kids.

TheDuckRocks
07-03-2012, 11:43 AM
We enjoyed the food and how calm it is.

txdisneyfanatic
07-04-2012, 12:00 PM
We had an AWESOME character breakfast here last year! It's as good as it gets! :mickey:

Katzateer
07-04-2012, 12:13 PM
. The food was also pretty good. A little different than the standard character buffets.

What is different from the other buffets? We have been for the dinner buffet with no characters but never tried the breakfast.

Also, who are the characters? Goofy and.... ?

Thanks!