PDA

View Full Version : Best Table Service in Epcot?

mickeys_princess_mom
07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
What do you think, and what do you love about it? Push me in a direction!
:thanks:

Scar
07-02-2012, 04:08 PM
The best restaurant I've eaten at WDW, or almost anywhere, was Bistro de Paris. However, it is new to the Dining Plan this year so I'm assuming it went down a notch or two.

Jared
07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm limiting my answers to the "one-credit" or "non-signature" restaurants in World Showcase, in no particular order:

San Angel Inn (Mexico)
Via Napoli (Italy)
Chefs de France (France)

SBETigg
07-02-2012, 04:30 PM
The best restaurant I've eaten at WDW, or almost anywhere, was Bistro de Paris. However, it is new to the Dining Plan this year so I'm assuming it went down a notch or two.

Sad but true on adding it to the dining plan perhaps bringing it down some notches. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what we'll get back of the Bistro de Paris we've loved after the refurb.

My other favorites are Via Napoli, Chefs de France, and San Angel Inn- hey Jared. :) Rose and Crown is a fun place for snacks, not my favorite for meals. I also like the Japanese restaurants Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo when I'm in the mood (and we have great Japanese at home, so not often in the mood at WDW).

mickeys_princess_mom
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm limiting my answers to the "one-credit" or "non-signature" restaurants in World Showcase, in no particular order:

San Angel Inn (Mexico)
Via Napoli (Italy)
Chefs de France (France)
Would consider all three of these....

BugeyedMuggy
07-02-2012, 05:13 PM

That was our thought exactly. We are now this July renting a car and hoping to find some good food off property.

LandFan
07-02-2012, 05:41 PM
We like:

Le Cellier (for lunch now - I wouldn't use 2 TS for dinner there)
Coral Reef for lunch
Chefs de France for lunch

Tutto Italia for lunch or dinner (before the refurb - not sure now...)
Biergarten for dinner (fun and good food)
Garden Grill for dinner (characters AND fresh food)
Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining for dinner (good food)

Jared
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
We like:

Le Cellier (for lunch now - I wouldn't use 2 TS for dinner there)
Coral Reef for lunch
Chefs de France for lunch

Tutto Italia for lunch or dinner (before the refurb - not sure now...)
Biergarten for dinner (fun and good food)
Garden Grill for dinner (characters AND fresh food)
Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining for dinner (good food)
For some reason, I thought this was only asking about World Showcase. I second the recommendation for Coral Reef. I know it gets mixed reviews, but I've always enjoyed it.

faline
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
I'll go back to my most recent trip -
Hmmm - what was my favorite restaurant in Ecpot??

I think our favorites in Epcot from our most recent trip were, in this order:

La Hacienda
Le Cellier
Rose and Crown (We had lunch at this location)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Garden Grill - Best service and food we had during our 9 TS meals at WDW hands down. Our waitress was engaging, kept our food and drinks refilled, made sure the chef came to the table for my allergies, took interest in BOTH our celebrations (my birthday and dd's HS graduation), and was just a genuine person. The Beef and Fish were fantastic....the turkey was ok - we just didn't do refills on it. The veggies were a hit for both of us and they served what I couldn't eat on a separate plate for my DD.

Teppan Edo - we had great table mates and our chef (female) was funny and engaging. Our waitress hustled her little butt off to keep our table's drinks filled and had the manager bring out the printed list of ingredients to see what dessert I could eat with my allergies.

Coral Reef - still good although DH and I had a better waitress in 2009 than DD and I did in June.

Le Cellier - DD and I enjoyed our lunch there. Yes, it is a bit dark and some of the tables are close - but it is called THE CELLAR - BUT our steaks were delish and the desserts were delectable. Our waitress was a sweet young gal. And we were on a back wall "booth table" and had the nicest family sitting next to us that we were able to help out by giving their son a glow bracelet and that kind of distracted him (he was hard of hearing) from the fact he wasn't sitting NEXT to mom, but in front of her instead. We had a great time engaging with this sweet family and their 2 very well behaved sons.

disneynarula
07-03-2012, 06:06 AM
We love Marrakesh! DH, MIL and Me. It is really unique and the food is soo good.

I like the Coral Reef but it has been a long time since we lived in a coastal area and I love seafood. DH did not like Coral Reef at all. MIL is a vegetarian so not a big hit for her.

AmandaChan
07-03-2012, 09:09 AM
biergarten will always be my must!

BayLaker25
07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Chefs de Frace and Via Napoli are the best. I love the lobster bisque at chefs and the orange roasted duck and you can't go wrong with the Pizza at Via Napoli!

laprana
07-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Of the TS places in Epcot, I've eaten at:

Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Akershus
Biergarten
Chefs de France
La Hacienda de San Angel
Le Cellier
Restaurant Marrakesh
Teppan Edo
Tokyo Dining
Tutto Italia
Via Napoli

Out of all of those, my absolute favorite was La Hacienda de San Angel! It was so, so good! My sister and I shared the mixed grill with chicken, steak, and chorizo and it was the best chicken I've ever had. Ever.

My other favorites are Chefs de France and Teppan Edo. I was pleasantly surprised with Biergarten, too...I was a little worried it would be just sausages and sauerkraut but it had a good selection of really tasty dishes and lots of yummy desserts! :thumbsup:

Gator
07-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Garden Grill - Best service and food we had during our 9 TS meals at WDW hands down.

Had the exact OPPOSITE reaction after our dinner there on our last trip.

But I will agree that Teppen Edo is right at the top along with Le Cellier for lunch. These two are fantastic always.

darthmacho
07-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I like San Angel Inn. I love the food and the atmosphere, though I always feel the wait staff is a bit curt and rushed. I don't believe they are WDW trained. Nevertheless, if you choose this, I'd recommend asking for a seat by the river if you are willing to wait for it. I believe it makes all the difference in the world being able to have that peaceful scene to one side of you. :mickey:

Other favorites in Epcot are, Garden Grill, Marrakesh, Chef's Le France, Akershus, and Nine Dragons.

disneynarula
07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
There are so many great TS meal in Epcot! We have really enjoyed all our meals there. It is so hard to pick a favorite.

I have to agree with darthmacho. We loved San Angel Inn. You just have to go with an open mind. It is not traditional Tex-Mex. We were surprised by that the first time we ate there but really liked it anyway. Best atmopshere in Epcot, IMHO. I really felt like I was sitting outside at a Mexican Cantina!

Cinderelley
07-06-2012, 03:10 AM
I did enjoy San Angel Inn when we ate there. We had a table right next to the water.

My favorite is Rose & Crown though. We also had a table right next to the water there, and it was very relaxing. I LOVED their Potato Leek Soup.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-06-2012, 11:33 AM
There are so many great TS meal in Epcot! We have really enjoyed all our meals there. It is so hard to pick a favorite.
It IS so hard to pick! Thanks to ALL of you for your opinions! I appreciate it. And you truly did influence my choice.

I've decided to go with my :heart: and choose Coral Reef! That decision feels right. I loved it the first time, then had a less-than-wonderful experience last time w/DH, but I was encouraged that this has also happened to some of you and things improved. :mickey:

I also am trying to factor in July heat--this will be a first for us. I just have a feeling Coral Reef will offer a cooler 'feel' than say San Angel Inn, and less crowded seating. I LOVE the atmosphere there, and personally have enjoyed the food.

Actually had booked Le Cellier for lunch to start with, but DH was generous about that, pointing out that I am not really a steak girl, and encouraged me to pick something I would enjoy more. (We've eaten there a few times, and it's great, but he had a point.) He has surprised me with this trip, and it's nice to be catered to a bit--I tend to do that for others usually. Our other ADRs are Ohana (lucky to get on such short notice), and the castle :cloud9:

Rose and Crown is one of my alltime favorites, but we may just grab fish and chips this time. However, as hot as it will be, we might opt for a CS that has AC, a bit limited in Epcot, in the kinds of restaurants we like.

:thanks: again!!!

SBETigg
07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
My favorite is Rose & Crown though. We also had a table right next to the water there, and it was very relaxing. I LOVED their Potato Leek Soup.

The potato leek soup is now off the menu, sadly. It was my daughter's favorite, too.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM
The potato leek soup is now off the menu, sadly. It was my daughter's favorite, too.

As are the cheese biscuits---I had a hard time with that one! :(

Cinderelley
07-08-2012, 11:43 PM

:jaw::eek: Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!

disneynarula
07-09-2012, 09:02 AM
That is a bummer when they take your favorite off the menu!!!!

Tinkerbella16
07-09-2012, 12:52 PM
We really enjoyed Rose & Crown, Tutto Italia, and Nine Dragons.

Haven't been to Garden Grill in years, and I've its really gotten better since we were last there. Wasn't a fan of Coral Reef.. you are mainly paying for the atmosphere.. food was only ok.

chefmickey3
07-10-2012, 08:39 AM
With so many choices we like to try them all. I am drawn to Via Napoli and it has become a must do for us - twice last year! So, I vote Via Napoli.

LudwigVonDrake
07-13-2012, 06:43 AM
My two favorites in Epcot are Le Cellier and San Angel Inn :tasty:

Pop Centurion
07-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Our favorites are La Hacienda & Teppan Edo. Both for the food & atmosphere.

joonyer
07-14-2012, 10:19 AM
"Best" is such a subjective term/measurement of restaurant quality, so you'll get many differing opinions depending on guests personal preferences. So here is mine. We have eaten at Teppan Edo (Japan) several times. We have always found the food and service to be very good, and the whole experience to be entertaining and fun. For our family, it has become our most memorable dining experience at Epcot, so that makes us want to go back on every trip. I don't know if that makes it the "best" but it is certainly our favorite TS at Epcot. In the long run/big picture, as long as you choose a place with food/menu that you like, I don't think you can make a bad choice.