PDA

View Full Version : Dining Using Disney Gift card

mgmnut
07-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Ok, So I think I am going to cancel our dining plan and go OOP. The whole reason we use the DP is so everything is paid for in advance and we can feel more care free on vacation.

I like the suggestions to get a pre-paid gift Credit Card and use that to put the money aside for that "pre-paid feel", or to use a Disney Gift Card.

My question is are both of these forms of payment accepted everywhere such as all the Kiosks, Ice Cream Carts, shops, etc, or would there be some restrictions to where they can be used?

Would we better off putting money on our KTTW card, and again is that accepted in all restaurants and shops, etc? I like the idea of putting extra spending money on there as well for souveniers and such.

mgmnut
07-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Better yet, can I put the money aside now and tie it up on a pre-paid Visan and then use that to transfer the money onto my KTTW Card when we arrive?

I LoveJack
07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
We usually pay for our food off of our Disney gift cards. You may find a couple of carts that cant take them , but over all, not a problem. The way I do it is put so much at a time on the gift card, so it's not a big deal, and use my cc to get my points in the process and just pay it off that month in full. That way food for trip is already paid for and I get cash back to spend on the trip ahead of time too. For me it's a win win situation. I take some cash and a couple of ccs just in case, but really like the ideal of it all being paid for before the trip.