PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

wdw_bound
06-30-2012, 08:17 AM
We have a room only reservation, so I am buying our tickets separately. Never done it this way before, so I have a couple of questions (last minute trip with things changing by the day, so this seemed the best way to go).

If I buy 4-day hoppers and we decide we'd like to add a day, is that easy to do? Does it cost more than if we'd just bought 5-day hoppers to begin with?

We have a split stay - can I get the tickets and both hotel rooms on the same kttw? Or at least transfer my remaining hopper days to the new kttw when we change resorts?

TIA!

Strmchsr
06-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Adding an extra day is no big deal and won't cost you any more. You'll get a new KTTW card at your new resort, but you can transfer your tickets over.

LVT
06-30-2012, 11:20 AM
We did a split and Coranado could not add the in-use ticket to the KTTW. I did not ask around to see if it was my clerk or a new computer.

We used to bump up ticket days frequently. It sounds like they have put some limits on this practice, I hope someone has the newest info.
Have a splendid trip.

MickeysBestPal
06-30-2012, 02:07 PM
We did a split and Coranado could not add the in-use ticket to the KTTW. I did not ask around to see if it was my clerk or a new computer.

We used to bump up ticket days frequently. It sounds like they have put some limits on this practice, I hope someone has the newest info.
Have a splendid trip.

The limitation is the inclination of (or lack of training) on the part of the CM you asked.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-30-2012, 07:14 PM

The only restriction you need to be aware of is that you can no longer add days to a used-up ticket.

So, if you have a 4-day ticket, you can't add an extra day the day after you "use up" the ticket.

As long as there is at least one day left on the ticket (or you're the same day as the last day) you'll still be fine to add the extra day.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
The only restriction you need to be aware of is that you can no longer add days to a used-up ticket.

So, if you have a 4-day ticket, you can't add an extra day the day after you "use up" the ticket.

As long as there is at least one day left on the ticket (or you're the same day as the last day) you'll still be fine to add the extra day.

There are TWO relevant restrictions.

The first being outlined above (can't upgrade an exhausted ticket) but the second is that you can only upgrade your tickets once. So you can't add park hopping on Day 2 then on day 4 add a Day 5. Only one upgrade allowed.

CleveRocks
07-05-2012, 10:12 PM
It is true that you can't upgrade an exhausted ticket. But it's important to know that a ticket isn't considered exhausted for this purpose until the end of the day in which it was exhausted.

EXAMPLE:
You have a 4-day ticket. You used up the 4th day today when you entered Magic Kingdom this morning. You left Mk in the afternoon, you're hanging around after dinner at Downtown Disney, and you decide you have time to go to a theme park tomorrow after all. Since it's still the same day in which you exhausted the ticket, the ticket is still elgible to be added to or upgraded.

But if you make that decision tomorrow morning, it will be too late, the ticket will be dead.

MickeysBestPal
07-06-2012, 07:56 AM
the second is that you can only upgrade your tickets once. So you can't add park hopping on Day 2 then on day 4 add a Day 5. Only one upgrade allowed.

I'm sorry, but that's not a Disney ticket rule.

You could upgrade a ticket as many times as you like
(staying within the other framework of rules.)

MickeysBestPal
07-06-2012, 07:59 AM
EXAMPLE:
You have a 4-day ticket. You used up the 4th day today when you entered Magic Kingdom this morning. You left Mk in the afternoon, you're hanging around after dinner at Downtown Disney, and you decide you have time to go to a theme park tomorrow after all. Since it's still the same day in which you exhausted the ticket, the ticket is still elgible to be added to or upgraded.

But if you make that decision tomorrow morning, it will be too late, the ticket will be dead.

There is a major exception to even this rule.
If you are a guest at a WDW Resort, and your tickets are on your KTTW card (which will have your name printed on that card/ticket, by DIsney) you CAN upgrade that ticket up to the full 14 day period, even if you exhausted the ticket several days previous.

Keeping current on the ins and outs of tickets is an intense exercise.
And, unfortunately, there are a a number of ticket CM's working at Disney who are not fully trained and updated, so you, yourself, need to know the ticket facts before attempting to do an upgrade.
There can be a lot of money at stake. YOUR money.

TikiGoddess
07-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Why don't you just get 5 day tickets in the first place? One of the (reputable) online ticket sellers has "buy 4 day, get one day free". The difference between 4 and 5 day tickets is usually very little.

PM me if you'd like the website.

Kathy

Strmchsr
07-06-2012, 10:13 AM
One of the (reputable) online ticket sellers has "buy 4 day, get one day free".

No need to PM about it. The Official Ticket Center, Intercot Sponsor, has that deal - buy 4 days get the 5th free. Check the link to the left. Get a good deal and help support Intercot.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry, but that's not a Disney ticket rule.

If you are a guest at a WDW Resort, and your tickets are on your KTTW card (which will have your name printed on that card/ticket, by Disney) you CAN upgrade that ticket up to the full 14 day period, even if you exhausted the ticket several days previous.

Keeping current on the ins and outs of tickets is an intense exercise.
And, unfortunately, there are a a number of ticket CM's working at Disney who are not fully trained and updated, so you, yourself, need to know the ticket facts before attempting to do an upgrade.
There can be a lot of money at stake. YOUR money.

On both counts, I am repeating what has been posted here on the Boards for months, and this is the first post refuting either of these two rules. I mostly just repeat what CleveRocks says and he hasn't been wrong yet.

I hope you are correct, but the only one upgrade rule has been widely discussed & complained about on the Boards and nobody called our bluff. I went back but can't find the original source of this rule change but I am still trying.

Same for the no upgrading an exhausted ticket. There has never been an exception posted until yours. I REALLY hope you are right on both counts because both of these rules REALLY irritate me.

Always looking to learn more about tickets and rules....Goofy

Aurora
07-07-2012, 11:58 AM
The way I read Disney ticket policy (and someone can correct me if they've been denied this), you are allowed to upgrade theme park days even AFTER you've used up all your current days as long as you have "entitlements" remaining on your ticket and you are within 14 days of the ticket's first use.

In other words, if you have a 4-day ticket with the Water Park and More option, and you visited Magic Kingdom July 1, 2, 3 and 4, you can still upgrade to another theme park day on July 8 or anytime within 14 days from July 1, as long as you have water park days remaining on the ticket.

This is spelled out on Disney's website (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets-vacation-packages/#subCategory7) under "Can new tickets be upgraded once they're purchased?"

TinkerbellT421
07-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Nancy from magical journeys mentioned the new ticket rules in this thread.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=190377&highlight=Ticket+upgrade

Goofy4TheWorld
07-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Nancy from magical journeys mentioned the new ticket rules in this thread.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=190377&highlight=Ticket+upgrade

Thanks for that, I could not find that thread even though I posted in it :blush:

From that link, actually from Denise not Nancy:

Disney has made a couple of changes to their policies that might affect when you add them slightly. First, they have always had a document printing fee if you make any changes to your package within a few weeks of your travel dates and they have to print a new set of documents. They used to waive this if you were making an upgrade, but lately they have been much more strict on it. Even if you are adding days/Park Hopping to your tickets, they may charge you an extra $15.00 a week before you travel. Once you arrive, they don't charge this fee.

A second change is that they now allow you to make an upgrade to your tickets just once during your stay. It used to be you could go in to Guest Services and add a day to your ticket then go back the next day and add Park Hopping. Now they just allow you to do this once during your stay. It also has to be done within 14 days of first use and before you use the last day on your tickets (so if you go into the parks on the 5th day of a 5 day ticket, you cannot add anything to it).

Aurora
07-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I think the bottom line here is guest experiences. Many of us have made the phone call to Disney, been told one thing, hung up, called back and told another. Case in point, LVT's post above.

I'd really like to hear from people who have been at the parks in the last few months to tell us what their experiences have been in trying to upgrade.

My own experiences have been that we always have the best luck with the CMs at the Guest Services windows at the parks. They know the most about ticketing and are also more willing to go the extra mile for a guest. (In some cases, more than the extra mile.)

TinkerbellT421
07-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks for that, I could not find that thread even though I posted in it :blush:

No problem. Took me a bit to find it. I was on a mission because I remembered discussing that with you in a thread and started to feel like we were both going crazy lol :blush:

Oops, guess I saw the screen name and thought it said nancy in my head. Lol sorry Denise and nancy!

Allenfow98
07-08-2012, 10:20 AM

I dont wanna start a fight or anything. Maybe i had an extra happy cast member. We were just down in June, and we originally had a 7 day ticket and on our 7th day of park visits we added 2 more days, so i guess it is up to and including your last day you can upgrade.

MickeysBestPal
07-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I dont wanna start a fight or anything. Maybe i had an extra happy cast member. We were just down in June, and we originally had a 7 day ticket and on our 7th day of park visits we added 2 more days, so i guess it is up to and including your last day you can upgrade.

You CAN upgrade your ticket any time during the day that you actually use the last asset on your ticket.
That includes doing so after you have left the park on that day... up until close-of-business that same day.
However, the NEXT day, it would be considered "too late" to do any upgrade.

UNLESS- you are using a KTTW (WDW resort Key-Card) with your name printed on it by Disney, and you showed a photo ID.
In that case, even if your ticket was all used up on a previous day, you could upgrade (add "days," etc.) up to the traditional 14 days after the ticket's first use.

BTW, this is not just my opinion.
It states this in so many words on the current
"UPGRADE POLICIES" on the WDW internal-to-CM's "Ticketing Module."

MickeysBestPal
07-08-2012, 02:10 PM

If you are a guest at a WDW Resort, and your tickets are on your KTTW card (which will have your name printed on that card/ticket, by DIsney) you CAN upgrade that ticket up to the full 14 day period, even if you exhausted the ticket several days previous.

On both counts, I am repeating what has been posted here on the Boards for months, and this is the first post refuting either of these two rules. I mostly just repeat what CleveRocks says and he hasn't been wrong yet.

I hope you are correct, but the only one upgrade rule has been widely discussed & complained about on the Boards and nobody called our bluff. I went back but can't find the original source of this rule change but I am still trying.

Same for the no upgrading an exhausted ticket. There has never been an exception posted until yours. I REALLY hope you are right on both counts because both of these rules REALLY irritate me.

Both of my above statements are correct according to the current "UPGRADE POLICIES" on the WDW internal-to-CM's "Ticketing Module."

The rules change every now and then, but these are the current ones in effect.

BTW, I can't begin to understand where anyone would get the idea that Disney would limit a ticket upgrade to just ONE TIME per ticket.
That goes against the ticket "prime directive"
which states,
" 'The more you play, the less you pay per day,' Guests are invited to maximize their vacation to the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort by upgrading their Magic Your Way Tickets to include additional days and options."

BTW, I also believe that CleveRocks has great info.
I can pretty much guarantee the he and I get a lot of our best ticket info from the same source.

Aurora
07-08-2012, 04:37 PM
UNLESS- you are using a KTTW (WDW resort Key-Card) with your name printed on it by Disney, and you showed a photo ID.
In that case, even if your ticket was all used up on a previous day, you could upgrade (add "days," etc.) up to the traditional 14 days after the ticket's first use.

BTW, this is not just my opinion.
It states this in so many words on the current
"UPGRADE POLICIES" on the WDW internal-to-CM's "Ticketing Module."

MickeysBestPal, per my question above, can you verify whether you can upgrade your ticket to add more THEME PARK days even after they are all exhausted (up to 14 days from first use) if you have valid WATER PARK days left on your ticket? Even if it's not a KTTW card?

MickeysBestPal
07-08-2012, 05:46 PM
MickeysBestPal, per my question above, can you verify whether

you can upgrade your ticket to add more THEME PARK days even after they are all exhausted (up to 14 days from first use) if you have valid WATER PARK days left on your ticket?

Even if it's not a KTTW card?

Yes.

Unused Water Park entries are also considered active ticket "entitlements,"
as are unused Theme Park "days," as there is no distinction made in the printed
TICKET UPGRADE regulations.

CleveRocks
07-10-2012, 12:04 AM
I double-checked, and MickeysBestPal is correct on this issue. If you are Disney resort guest with tickets coded onto your KTTW card AND you can present photo ID to prove you are the person named on the card, then you can upgrade an exhausted ticket within that original 14 day window.

Not that anyone asked, but this same exception also exists for multi-day Florida Resident Tickets.

TinkerbellT421
07-10-2012, 08:19 AM
I double-checked, and MickeysBestPal is correct on this issue. If you are Disney resort guest with tickets coded onto your KTTW card AND you can present photo ID to prove you are the person named on the card, then you can upgrade an exhausted ticket within that original 14 day window.

Not that anyone asked, but this same exception also exists for multi-day Florida Resident Tickets.

So, the information that Denise had provided is not correct?
Does that also include the "adding just one day once during your stay" rule? Is that also incorrect? I would love to know because when DBF and I do not have AP's we sometimes add a couple days during our trip but not all at once. So with that rule we were thinking we were going to have to change our typical course of action?

MickeysBestPal
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
So, the information that Denise had provided is not correct?
Does that also include the "adding just one day once during your stay" rule? Is that also incorrect? I would love to know because when DBF and I do not have AP's we sometimes add a couple days during our trip but not all at once. So with that rule we were thinking we were going to have to change our typical course of action?

You can add as many "theme park days" to a ticket as you like (up to 10, maximum total, per ticket.)
You can upgrade the same ticket more than once, if the occasion requires that.

TinkerbellT421
07-10-2012, 08:49 AM
You can add as many "theme park days" to a ticket as you like (up to 10, maximum total, per ticket.)
You could even upgrade the same ticket more than once, if the occasion required that.

Phew! I was worried about that last info because like I said DBF and I have a couple times added a day and then on the last day or something say eh let's go to the park one more time before we get on the plane and add another day. We were a little bummed thinking that option went away! Thanks!

MickeysBestPal
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
on the last day... say eh let's go to the park one more time before we get on the plane and add another day.

Again...
You can do that on a day after you have used all of your ticket assets,

BUT, ONLY IF your tickets are on WDW Resort Key-cards (with your name printed on them by Disney.)

If you just a have a standard Magic Your Way ticket (your name is not imprinted by Disney) you must decide to upgrade at least sometime BEFORE or DURING the last day that you use your current ticket's last asset.

TinkerbellT421
07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Again...
You can do that on a day after you have used all of your ticket assets,

BUT, ONLY IF your tickets are on WDW Resort Key-cards (with your name printed on them by Disney.)

If you just a have a standard Magic Your Way ticket (your name is not imprinted by Disney) you must decide to upgrade at least sometime BEFORE or DURING the last day that you use your current ticket's last asset.

Unless we have the AP we always transfer the paper tickets to our KTTW cards! Thanks for clarifying :D