PDA

View Full Version : Child Swap Rules

Gator
06-28-2012, 05:28 PM
We'll be headed to WDW just after Thanksgiving weekend, and we'll have a baby along with a 7yo and 5yo. It's been years since we child swapped with the first one, so I had some questions. If we were to grab fastpasses for, say, Tower of Terror, could I take my son on it and then come back and my wife and daughter then go through the fastpass line? I'm sure this is simple, but I need some info.:confused:

WDWdriver
06-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Actually, your kids could ride twice if everyone has a FP as in your scenario. The swap procedure is not the same at all rides, so the first thing to do is approach a CM at the ride entrance, ask for a rider switch pass, and ask how to do it.

For most attractions family group #1 goes through the queue normally (either FP or standby). In your scenario everyone in group #1 would use their FP. Group #2 holds the Rider Switch Pass and waits in a designated area with the non-riding child.

Group #1 returns and takes control of the child. Group #2 then uses the Rider Switch Pass to go through the FP queue. Since the switch pass is good for up to three people as many as two people from group #1 could ride again as part of group #2.

Buttercup
06-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Your kids can actually ride twice if you like.
A "Rider Switch" or "Baby Swap" pass is good for up to 3 people.

So, here's what's going to happen.

1. You ALL go up to the CM at the entrance of whatever ride (let's say ToT). They will want to see you actually have a baby in your group so that's why you all have to go up together. They'll give you the Baby Swap pass.

2. Your wife sits with the baby at a pre-determined meeting spot. (We like the little coffee cart at the exit of ToT!) She can hold on to the Baby Swap pass because you won't need it yet.

3. You, your 7yo and your 5yo wait in the lineup and go enjoy the ToT!

4. When you exit, then your wife can take your 7yo and your 5yo back on the ride, using the Baby Swap pass! It's good for up to 3 people, and essentially works as a 3-person fastpass.