PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining our Final Results

disneynarula
06-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Finally after consulting my fellow travelers, park schedules, and touring plans we reached our final dining choices...

Sci Fi Instead of Fantasmic dinner package. For our boys this is a must every trip. I am not crazy about the food but it is the only place the boys ask to go. We are hoping to grab dinner here and then get in line for Fantasmic.

Boma A must do every trip! DHs favorite.

Sanaa A family favorite. Late lunch on our Animal Kingdom day.

San Angel Inn Giving this another try.

Whispering Canyon Cafe New place. Hope we like it. Fun dinner after a day at the MK

Via Napoli Lunch on our Epcot day

Captain's Grill and then some fun at Hollywood Studios

Thoughts?

Gator
06-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Finally after consulting my fellow travelers, park schedules, and touring plans we reached our final dining choices...

Sci Fi Instead of Fantasmic dinner package. For our boys this is a must every trip. I am not crazy about the food but it is the only place the boys ask to go. We are hoping to grab dinner here and then get in line for Fantasmic.

Boma A must do every trip! DHs favorite.

Sanaa A family favorite. Late lunch on our Animal Kingdom day.

San Angel Inn Giving this another try.

Whispering Canyon Cafe New place. Hope we like it. Fun dinner after a day at the MK

Via Napoli Lunch on our Epcot day

Captain's Grill and then some fun at Hollywood Studios

Thoughts?

We like SciFi, but we also like not standing in line for Fantasmic! So, we're going twice and doing both. The SciFi day we'll hit the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights.

San Angel? You've tried it and you want to return? The only reason I'd return is the fact it's been 10 years since our 1 and only lunch there and there might be a chance the food has improved from gross up to mediocre. With all the great choices at Epcot (Akershus, Teppen Edo, Marekesh, Rose&Crown, Biergarten, Le Cellier, Corral Reef), I'd try to get something different.

You'll like Whispering Canyon. Lots of fun and the food is good.

zipadeedoodah
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
I think it looks like some good choices for the most part. I have to agree with Gator though about San Angel Inn. The ONLY reason to eat there in my opinion is for the ambiance. THe food is not the best. Update the menu with better choices, and it would be a must for me!

greengeen
06-27-2012, 07:08 PM
I gave San Angel a second try after years of avoiding it, and it was just as bad. Just my two cents.

Boma and Sanaa - divine. Via Napoli can be great, but not always consistent.

disneynarula
06-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Dang It Intercot! Making me doubt myself! Changed my mind again!

Kona (dinner and then off the MK)
Sanaa (lunch)
Whispering Canyon (then Epcot)
Sci Fi (lunch)
Boma
Captain's Grille
Via Napoli (but considering changing it to another Epcot venue)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...until they change the park hours/emh!

Mackflava99
06-28-2012, 12:20 PM
You will like Whispering Canyon-

Ge a large drink, and ask for Ketchup.

Tinkerbella16
06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
GREAT choice adding Kona in there! You won't be disappointed! That is my must do each trip and will always be my favorite! :mickey:

Ms. Mode
06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Love Whispering Canyon and of course Sci-Fi is a must do for us too; we have found that the sandwiches are the best thing to order....and the milk shakes of course. :blush:

olivegirl
06-29-2012, 07:23 PM
We were in Epcot for Spring break and soo excited to try Via Napoli! WOW were we soo disappointed!! We had ressies for lunch ..1245. we arrived 5 mins early and we were seated right away. We were seated outside and we were not happy with the table. A construction crew was working on the outside of Tutto Italia which is right next to Via Napoli. :( After letting the host know we did not want that table he sat us at a table right near the enterance way. He was very agitated at this point. To make a long story short..the service was rotten and the food just ok. The mushroom pizza we ordered cost us $30!! We will never ever waste our time at this place! Id rather eat at Pizza Hut!!

disneynarula
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
We changed Via Napoli to Marrakesh. It is a favorite of ours.