PDA

View Full Version : 4th Fireworks

pixiesmimi
06-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Where would be a good place to eat dinner and possibly see the fireworks from MK on the 4th without being inside the parks? We are staying over an extra day at the Beach Club so we don't have to drive on the 4th but don't have tickets for that day. We thought we would just enjoy the resort. But we do have the dining plan and need to make a reservation for lunch or dinner that day. I would love to watch the fireworks that night but don't want to buy tickets just for that one night.

Scott C
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
There are always the traditional places like Ohana or the California Grill. I might add the Poly beach or do what my kids did on spring break w/o tickets -- just outside of the MK gates near the boat docks.

Thanks
Scott C

faline
06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Be aware that on some nights, like 4th of July, Disney can get pretty strict about reserving the beach at the Poly for Poly guests only.

andmomlau
06-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Friends of ours watch them every year from the walkway outside Contemporary. We were there last year inside MK for fireworks and will NEVER do it again!

joonyer
06-25-2012, 10:27 PM
. . . . I would love to watch the fireworks that night but don't want to buy tickets just for that one night.

Depending on the number of days you have on your park passes, it may cost you as little as $10 per person to add another day on your passes. BUT, getting into MK on the 4th may be tricky if you don't arrive fairly early in the day. July 4th is one of the few days of the year that MK has traditionally reached capacity and admission to the park may be closed, especially later in the day as fireworks time approaches. So your plan to find another place to try to watch the fireworks makes sense. That being said, there is no better place to see them than right underneath them in the Magic Kingdom. But as otheres have mentioned, it will be a zoo inside.

As for dining, if you don't already have an ADR, it will probably be difficult to snag a seating time at any of the MK resort area restaurants this late in the game. You may need to have an alternate plan. Having an early dinner somewhere else and then going to the Contemporary to watch from just outside the park sounds like a good idea to me. Good Luck, hope you have a great trip! :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
06-26-2012, 09:08 AM
We have 4 day military tickets and can't add onto them. This was a last minute decision to stay an extra day and really want to see the fireworks that night. Now to find a place to eat that day. :) Thanks for the suggestions. I had forgotten about the Poly. We usually stay there. We are at the BC this time.

pixiesmimi
06-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Oh, and I have to say that the Military Tickets being blocked from the MK on the 4th is just asinine! Why, of all people, would they deny the military from MK on the 4th? Yes, I know it is because the tickets are discounted but that is just wrong! Otherwise, we would rearrange our schedule and go to MK on that day and rest another day. But to buy a one day tickets just for the "chance" we could get into MK on the 4th is too much.

BugeyedMuggy
06-26-2012, 09:39 AM
If your not too set on seeing the MK fireworks last year we stayed at the Dolphin and HS had special fireworks behind the hat that were amazing. We watched them from the walkway between BW and HS and saw had a great view.