PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe

disneynarula
06-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Thoughts on the dinner buffet here?

brownie
06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
We tried it in early December 2010 and don't feel the need to go back. The food was mostly just okay; my bride said the seafood wasn't very good. It was crowded and people didn't know how to go through the buffet lines. We really enjoy the breakfast, which is a must-do on every trip. We probably won't be doing dinner again.

WDW&MK
06-25-2012, 01:06 PM
We ate there for the first time last year. We thought it was good but not great. Crab legs were good (one of the few places you can find them on the dining plan). As a buffet, it may depend largely on what is available on a particular evening as to how good it is. I am not a huge seafood lover, so if they changed a few items around I might've had a hard time finding a main entre.

We are going back this Sept. but note that both times we have had the free dining plan, so I don't know if I would think it was worth it if I was paying out of pocket for it.

Atmosphere was nice and the service was very good.

Mackflava99
06-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Terrific Buffet- if you like SeaFood.
Unlimited Crabs and clams, along with other seafood favorites. Terrific Clam chowder too.

Finally, a very good dessert bar, with great key lime pie tarts.

Great choice. we try to go every year. This year we are going for Christmas...

Bryan

Mackflava99
06-25-2012, 02:00 PM
It was crowded and people didn't know how to go through the buffet lines. .

I agree- and this is for all Buffets- I think we need to hold a class - " Eating at Buffets 101 " :)

DizneyRox
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Okay, but not worth the cash. Maybe if you're on the DDP, but for the money, I don't think it's got much value.

Last we went, crab legs were OK, but overcooked. The selections have been dwindling in recent years as well. I don't get the love for the dessert bar either, I found the selections were a little on the lazy side and surely they were prepared well ahead of time. They didn't seem fresh to me.

Breakfast has always been good for us, but getting there without a car is a bit of a pain, especially for really early times.

Wolf
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Sooooo good!!! We are doing breakfast and dinner here in October!!! Its a do not miss for us!!

DVC2004
06-25-2012, 03:18 PM
It's good if you like seafood, as others said it's pricey. We like it; my boys really like it. I usually avoid buffets like the plague, but this is probably the only one I have been to that I liked.

PETE FROM NYC
06-25-2012, 05:05 PM
We have ADRs for Sept.
We are all seafood lovers.
I hope it is up to our expectations.

Basket Mommy
06-25-2012, 05:56 PM
It's one of my hubby's favorites. Any time we go he requests a night there for dinner when I plan ADRs. Breakfast is good also, but standard breakfast fare.

wdw dude
06-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Cape May was always one of my favorites, but it just seems to me like it has declined over the years. We went back in December of 2011 and I just wasn't wowed like I have been in the past. Like mentioned above, it was good, but not great. I guess my problem with the place was that I thought the selection of non-seafood items has diminished. I'm not into the crab legs or mussels. I remember that they used to have really good prime rib, but that wasn't there the night we went. Maybe other nights? Desserts were also disappointing last time, but I guess I really don't need them. It definitely has gotten pricey.

Just my :twocents:

:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
06-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Dbf and I go every year. And we never touch the seafood. The crab legs are subpar to what we get fresh back home and the cherry stone clams they serve are considered illegal here because they are so small. The food is great though. But we never leave hungry by not touching the seafood. We pig out on the other stuff :) they always have some great macaroni or spaghetti dishes, had their seafood Alfredo once and it was to die for. So personally even if you aren't a seafood person, there is plenty to eat. They do have a meat carving station as well. It is pricy but we find it worth it. And we do not use the ddp, so we find we get our money worth when we leave there :sick: lol.

andmomlau
06-25-2012, 09:18 PM
We have been many times and really like it. Went many times with kids. We now go alone and still enjoy it. Last December we went and we were not on DP. Going this Dec. on the DP....

MrPeetrie
06-26-2012, 04:57 AM
I agree with most eveyone here's statement: good but not great. It didn't make our must-do-on-next-trip list.

My expectations may have been too high, but I wasn't impressed. I found the crab legs to be rubbery, but the selection was pretty decent. We're going to try other places this upcoming trip instead of going back.

arm00leg
06-26-2012, 07:26 PM
We tried it for the first time a year and half ago - we were also not impressed. The seafood is not very good. Crab legs were very small, as was most of the seafood. It wasn't horrible but we won't go back for dinner. We also tried breakfast, it was much nicer. Really, I wouldn't waste the money on dinner.