PDA

View Full Version : 2 Days Left... Last Minute FASTPASS Advice, Please!

DisneyDawgette
06-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Hi! In just two days, we'll be leaving for Disney for our children's ministry's Summer Blast! We followed your advice and went with groups of no more than six and I've been very thankful for all of your help!

However, that being said, I have one last question! We will be doing MK Tuesday and AK on Thursday, and I was wondering about your FP strategies! Which FP do you get first, and then after that? I've been watching the wait times from my app (lame, I know) and Space Mountain seems to build a line early, but SplM and BTMRR have a longer line by the end of the day! And AK wait times have varied so much, I questioned getting my FP for KS first like normal, because of the line for EE!

What is your typical plan of action as far as Fastpasses are concerned?!

AgentC
06-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Are you planning to get there at park opening? For MK, I would usually go with Space Mountain, but in the summer, a lot of people favor Splash Mountain plus Big Thunder just reopened in May which has increased demand.

I would maybe go to Frontierland first, pull a Splash Mountain fast pass if it it within the next hour/ hour & half, get in line for BTMRR and hopefully it will almost be fast pass time for Splash and then you can pull a fast pass for Space later.

AK is tough because they are so far apart. Expedition Everest usually has a shorter wait on the single rider line. Can your group split up for that? Or again if you are going to be there at park open, do one right away, then pull a fast pass for the other.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of different opinions. Everyone has their own style. :)

VWL Mom
06-23-2012, 09:00 PM
We usually start at Space Mt and ride once or twice before the crowds buildup, then it's over to Frontierland, pull at FP for BTMRR and ride Splash.
IMO the crowds at FLand don't seem to build until after 10A. With Splash people don't like to get wet first thing in the morning and with BTMRR my kids say the track is faster later in the day?

At AK we usually start at EE and then over to KS. We usually grab a FP for EE for a ride later on.

Quadstriker
06-23-2012, 11:09 PM
My advice:

Don't stress about it at all.

disneynarula
06-24-2012, 08:32 AM
My advice:

Best advice ever!
My advice is to plan it out so you are not dashing from one end of the park to the other and back. Pick one side of the park and work your way around. There are plenly of rides to go on when you are waiting for FP times!

LandFan
06-24-2012, 11:24 AM
My advice:

Excellent advice. It sounds like you already know enough to be dangerous, lol. Just kick back and go. Things will fall into place for you.

DisneyDawgette
06-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Good deal! Thanks everyone! I'm thinking maybe about starting in Tomorrow Land working left. Snag a FP for SpcM and then just work around, and not sprint around. :)

AK may just have to be a wing-it deal! :)

TinksPixieDust
06-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd have to agree with going to Space Mountain and riding that and then venture off to Frontierland. I think Space tends to get an excessively long line that never seems to go down whereas Thunder and Splash can have their moments where the crowd breaks

AK... We usually go to Expedition Everest and ride that 2 or 3 times in row right at park opening the third time can be a litlle longer but I dont find it to be too bad. Also my mom isnt into those roller coaster rides so while we head to Everest she takes her time and walks to KS and then gets a tea or breakfast and waits down that way while we ride EE. That way she isnt running to KS and running across the park to meet us again.

The best advice like it was mentioned.... dont stress! stressing only makes everyone freak out and not enjoy themselves.