PDA

View Full Version : DDE and child wit AP

Allenfow98
06-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Not trying to find a way to cheat the system, just dont know how to plan this out. Wife and I seperated, DD8 splits time with both. DD and myself and aunt a family along with mommom just went down. I bought DD an AP because her mom will be going down in Jan and it made sense.
My question is this, if I can squeeze in another trip with the new GF and her kids, it would be 6 of us. they have never been, so i want to make sure we go all out, stay onsite and get the dining plan. My concern is my DD, since she already has an AP, how would that work, i know it says all guests on ressie must have same stuff. But she would nt need the park tickets, could we just put the 5 of us on the room ressie, and just use all the food credits for all 6 of us. I know that would probably leave us 1 or 2 meals short, but when they run out we would just pay OOP.
Any input from anyone who has a clue what i am talking about would be greatly appreciated.

BrerGnat
06-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I think guests with an AP can add on the dining plan too. You would probably not be able to do this sort of booking online, though, you'd have to call or have Magical Journeys (highly recommended!) take care of it for you.

You cannot have everyone but one person in the room on a dining plan. Everyone will need a room key for Extra Magic Hours and if you buy the DDP for some people, it has to be for all people in the room.

DizneyRox
06-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Dining and tickets are two different things.

Everyone in the room needs to be on the room reservation. You need to be on a reservation to get a KttW card which would be necessary for EMH use. Thats not the only reason, but it's good enough reason.

For tickets, I'm pretty sure everyone needs to have the same ticket at check-in. So, usually what people do is book for EVERYONE with the least number of days necessary and with the fewest options. AFTER check-in, the people withou an AP just upgrade to whatever they need for the rest of the trip. The person with an AP uses that ticket next time they need to get a ticket and apply the value of that ticket to the new ticket.

For dining, everyone needs to have the same plan. IF you don't put them on the reservation, you will actually be unable to use credits for someone at the table if you all eat together. The KttW cards are marked with the number of entitlements allowed to be used per meal. Something like A2C3 would mean 2 adult credits and 3 child credits. If you show up with 6 people, you will need to pay OOP for a meal.

disneynarula
06-23-2012, 01:22 PM
I would give Magical Journeys a try. It does not cost anything. They are in the know and will give you the facts and all information you need!