PDA

View Full Version : Fast pass available on dumbo as of today!

Christine
06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Starting today
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xWnm4i7taDM/T-UoVqcFMaI/AAAAAAAACL4/BXEz6FHOq5Q/s1600/IMG_1711-733707.jpg

Melanie
06-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Jeff (JPL) just tweeted this very pic, with the title of "this is strange". LOL! I have to agree. Was this even something that had been rumored or expected? I don't think I'd heard anything about Dumbo having FP. And even better, there's not room for the machines anywhere in Storybook Circus area? You have to go all the way up to Philharmagic to get your FP?

I saw another photo today with both the Pooh machines and Dumbo machines there at Philharmagic, side by side. Weird!

DizneyFreak2002
06-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Jeff (JPL) just tweeted this very pic, with the title of "this is strange". LOL! I have to agree. Was this even something that had been rumored or expected? I don't think I'd heard anything about Dumbo having FP. And even better, there's not room for the machines anywhere in Storybook Circus area? You have to go all the way up to Philharmagic to get your FP?

I saw another photo today with both the Pooh machines and Dumbo machines there at Philharmagic, side by side. Weird!

The new Dumbo was always meant to have FP... The FP enters in one side while standby enters another...

TheVBs
06-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Good to hear this has a FP! Dumbo was always one of the longest, hottest lines to wait in.

AgentC
06-24-2012, 08:23 AM
. . .And even better, there's not room for the machines anywhere in Storybook Circus area? You have to go all the way up to Philharmagic to get your FP?

It does seem strange. I suppose it was because the machines were already there? :confused: Or maybe they though it would easier for people to pull one while in the main part of Fantasyland?

MickeysBestPal
06-24-2012, 01:41 PM
It does seem strange. I suppose it was because the machines were already there? :confused: Or maybe they though it would easier for people to pull one while in the main part of Fantasyland?

I figure that they will open a new FP distribution location for Dumbo (at/near Dumbo) as they complete more of the new Fantasyland area.

It's where it is now very likely because, yes, those FP machines were already there and seldom used for PhilharMagic.

If the new and =cough= improved "FastPass+" (or whatever copyrightable name the decide on) gets implemented, it looks more and more like they'll be adding a lot more FP's in each park.
These FP's will, by necessity and default, be dispensed for attractions that in no way regularly need a FP at all.**

These extra FP's will likely end up being snatched up by neophyte guests who will think that they are "getting something important" when they accept these flaccid FP's for what are otherwise (for the most part) walk-on attractions.
Sad.

[**Similar to the current practice of "Bonus FP's" or "Surprise FP's" for attractions that don't need FP (like PhilharMagic or CoP.)
These bonus FP's get distributed to guests as an adjunct to (and at the same time as) regular FP's for conventional FP attractions.]

Ian
06-24-2012, 03:25 PM
[**Similar to the current practice of "Bonus FP's" or "Surprise FP's" for attractions that don't need FP (like PhilharMagic or CoP.)
These bonus FP's get distributed to guests as an adjunct to (and at the same time as) regular FP's for conventional FP attractions.]I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually find these FP really annoying.

Nothing irritates me more than when I try to get a FP for Peter Pan or something and I end up having to sift through all these worthless FP's for Philharmagic. It has a five minute wait!!! Like I need a FP??

And yeah it says "SURPRISE!!!" on it like it's some big whoop-dee-doo ... That just ticks me off more! :sick:

MickeysBestPal
06-25-2012, 01:38 PM
[Similar to the current practice of "Bonus FP's" or "Surprise FP's" for attractions that don't need FP (like PhilharMagic or CoP.)
These bonus FP's get distributed to guests as an adjunct to (and at the same time as) regular FP's for conventional FP attractions.]

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually find these FP really annoying.

Nothing irritates me more than when I try to get a FP for Peter Pan or something and I end up having to sift through all these worthless FP's for Philharmagic. It has a five minute wait!!! Like I need a FP??

And yeah it says "SURPRISE!!!" on it like it's some big whoop-dee-doo ... That just ticks me off more! :sick:

Me, too.

And, that's my dismay about the (very likely) addition of FP's to rides that don't need FP's.

They will make a lot of folks pretty unhappy once they see that their availability to get other more important FP's are delayed until their current "worthless" FP comes due.

Speculating... It may even be that guests will only allowed to choose X number of FP's per day, in total, under the new "system."

If an unknowing newbee guest gets stuck with FP's for only Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Small World, PhilharMagic, and TTA PeopleMover... they may not think so kindly of the whole deal.