PDA

View Full Version : Good restaurants not on DDP

moe513
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Decided not to do the DDP. Now we are able to try new places that don't take the DDP. Can anybody recommend their favorite?:)

Thx

SBETigg
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
So many places are on the DDP now that it's hard to come up with them, for me. Shula's and BlueZoo at the Dolphin, maybe, along with all the Swan Dolphin restaurants. Not having the DDP means not worrying about it and eating where you like, whether on the DDP or not-- which I'm sure you mean to do and you were just wondering if you've missed anything so far by focusing solely on DDP.

disneynarula
06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
It's true. Most of the TS on property are now on the dining plan.

I think the best thing about forgoing the dining plan is not worrying about getting enough "bang for you buck".

moe513
06-21-2012, 06:26 PM
I think we are going to try the Big River Grille. We have never been because it doesn't take the DDP.

TheDuckRocks
06-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I think we are going to try the Big River Grille. We have never been because it doesn't take the DDP.

We've eaten there with the DDP and it is still listed on the 2012 brochure.

mdricks
06-22-2012, 07:42 AM
I really like Bistro De Paris and have been there more than once. The windows are small but if you are lucky enough to get one there is a good view of world showcase. Food is a bit higher and the experience can be fairly labeled "snooty".

A Kir Royale to start with escargot then scallops with black truffle potatoes.

Shula's is the best steak on property. (sorry le cellier!) Bone in Rib Eye, rare. great wine list.

Really spluge and do V&A's. How often do you get to eat at a 5 diamond?

If you are noticing the theme, the non DDP resturants trend towards "money is no object". If you are a foodie, the $$ are worth it.

yum!

:number1:

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Shula's is divine!

BugeyedMuggy
06-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Bistro is now going to be on the DDP which is unfortunate. I would recommend Bluezoo also and ask for Joe for your waiter.

mdricks
06-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Bistro is now going to be on the DDP which is unfortunate.

I have never had a problem getting a table at Bistro although it always seems full when I get there. I wonder if this will have an effect on the quality. :rolleyes:

SBETigg
06-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I have never had a problem getting a table at Bistro although it always seems full when I get there. I wonder if this will have an effect on the quality. :rolleyes:

I'm expecting it will. I'm also nervous because they're going to be down for refurb for awhile and not sure what we're going to get when it comes back. Bistro de Paris is one of our WDW favorites.