PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo fall closure - Y/N?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-21-2012, 08:58 AM
We were thinking about doing the HDDR in Nov/Dec (the DW especially wanted it) but I recall getting some e-newsletters with closure and refurbishment dates (usually pretty reliable) that had the HDDR being closed from some point in October to year end. Now I'm hearing that people are booking HDDR for Nov/Dec.

Anyone know for certain what is going on? It appears that if they were planning on shutting it down for a period of time, that they changed their plans.

Joanna
06-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I was able to book for our October trip and I wasn't able to early on. I think that they have opened it up. Did you try to book?

VWL Mom
06-21-2012, 10:41 AM
I think they were not taking bookings for the fall because they were changing times around and the booking system wasn't update, this led the rumor mill to say they were closed. They've now started booking for that time period.

Figment's latest update post has the new show times
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=192349

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-21-2012, 11:12 AM
I was able to book for our October trip and I wasn't able to early on. I think that they have opened it up. Did you try to book?

I did try and was confused. It found a date and time, but I was confused by the time. My understanding was that there are 3 show times so I selected the middle on (7:15?) and it came back as "we found a time" but it was listed as 6:15 or something? Since I was just testing and wasn't sure if that was the right date for us I didn't pursue, but was thinking of calling it in. Anyone familiar with how the times show up?

TIA.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-21-2012, 12:59 PM
The new showtimes are 4:00 pm, 6:15 pm, and 8:30 pm, starting October 1st.

Since we are in the transition time (people can still book prior to Oct 1, at the old times, and after at the new times), the middle time still shows ups the 7:15 show, but changes to reflect the new times once you confirm your details.

Either way, enjoy the show! :thumbsup:

homeschool mom
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
I just booked HDD for 4:00 on Dec. 16. I had a little trouble with the online booking mainly becasue it said I would have to pay, but we will be on the DDP. I called and had no trouble booking with the CM. :thumbsup: I only had to give her my credit card info. in case we don't show up.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-21-2012, 03:21 PM
The new showtimes are 4:00 pm, 6:15 pm, and 8:30 pm, starting October 1st.

Since we are in the transition time (people can still book prior to Oct 1, at the old times, and after at the new times), the middle time still shows ups the 7:15 show, but changes to reflect the new times once you confirm your details.

Either way, enjoy the show! :thumbsup:

You Rock! Have a :beer: on me. Totally explains what and why I was seeing what I did.

disneydeb
06-21-2012, 11:42 PM
I am so glad I found this post! I thought they were closed for my time there, but after I read the above posts I made my reservations!!:thumbsup: