PDA

View Full Version : Rainy day suggestions for toddlers

disneykidsince1970
06-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Hello! I am going to Disney this weekend with my friend and her son (19 months). We are planning to go to Epcot on Saturday and MK on Sunday. I just checked the weather though and it’s not looking good for Saturday! Since I am a perpetual kid-free singleton, I need some toddler-friendly rainy day suggestions from all the family-types out there :high5: (we love ya!).

If we are deluged out of my master plan, what should we do? We both have annual passes so we won’t lose anything by going to a park and then having to leave (we'll have a car). Neither of us would mind the rain but naturally she’ll have issues with lightening looming over her first born. I just like to have a backup plan.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Nikki:mickey:

Pop Centurion
06-20-2012, 03:56 PM
The rain comes & goes quickly so I wouldn't be too concerned with it ruining your entire day.

Saturday in Epcot is tough if it rains since the attractions are farther apart. I would stick to the side with The Land, Living Seas, & Imagination pavilions since they're more kid friendly. There's plenty to do inside any of them if you get a sudden down pour & need to stay inside. The Living Seas would be the best with a toddler since he'd be kept more occupied & less likely to get cranky since there's The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush, & The Aquarium.
But the others still won't be too bad to be stuck inside especially The Land since you have the Sunshine season's food court.
Also don't forget you can always duck inside Innoventions too. While not quit toddler friendly it's still dry & has enough going on to keep him looking around while you wait for the rain to pass.
As for the MK, the rain is the best time to be there since most of the crowd clears out. Then lines in Fantasy Land will be much shorter & he won't be so fussy waiting to get on rides.
Hopefully you don't get much rain if any at all & have a great time.

minnie04
06-20-2012, 04:21 PM
PONCHO'S :rain::rain::rain: !!! Honestly, I would plan another weekend since you guys live close. I’m in Miami and it hasn’t stopped raining all day. It is suppose to be a wash out this weekend here, so I imagine its moving North. If you do decide to tough it out and go I will tell you there has been no lightening with this rain, so you might be able to hit the parks with a light drizzle (that’s what we have had all day) with a few brakes in between. :mickey:

I always feel so bad for the poeple that save all year to come in the summer only to have it rain ..

disneynarula
06-21-2012, 11:21 AM
If you can't go another weekend then The Seas with Nemo and Friends is a good suggestion. My kids loved that when they were toddlers. We spent several hours there. We love the Coral Reef for lunch. You could also make a mad dash to The Land for lunch and a boat ride.

Or just don the rain gear and go for it. I am sure your friend has a raincover for the stroller if not you can get them at Wal Mart or Target.

Disney Doll
06-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Get a rain cover for the stroller and forge on!

ThanxForNoticin
06-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Get a rain cover for the stroller and forge on!

I agree. Rain helps keep the crowds smaller!!

BrerGnat
06-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Epcot is a great park to be in when it's rainy! Lots of indoor stuff.

For the little one, the Seas pavilion is great...lots of fish to look at and the ride, plus lots of "run around" room in there.

Also, the Land Pavilion. The boat ride is good for toddlers and the indoor food court is a great place to have lunch or dinner under cover.

Mission Space pavilion has a cool "tunnel" playground at the exit. Just go in through the exit and you can access this area.

The Mexico pavilion has the boat ride inside it which the baby will probably like.

Spaceship Earth is also a good slow ride that takes like 20 min, so good for getting out of the rain.

Agree with ponchos and a cover for the stroller...it will likely not rain ALL day so you should be fine.

At MK, it's a bit harder to find shelter from the rain. But, most attractions are indoors, so you can cope.