PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Theme Park?

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-20-2012, 11:45 AM
I was curious to know what is your favorite theme park? Mine personally is tied between Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

Scar
06-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Not even close. If World Showcase didn't exist, I would not go to WDW even a 5th of how often I go. Maybe even less.

SandmanGStefani24
06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
scar hit the nail on the head!

Don't get me wrong, a MK is so close and Space Mountain is one of my favorite things on Earth, but Epcot has always been tops for me. Spaceship Earth is my favorite attraction, and the World Showcase is right there with it. I also love to learn, and always come away with something each trip...

darthmacho
06-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I love all of the parks, but Magic Kingdom simply has more top notch attractions than the rest of the parks, and is by far my favorite theme park in the world. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
I picked MK, but honestly I love Epcot just as much!

My kiddos and I just had this converstation in the car while running errands! DS12 said his favorite parks are Epcot and DHS. DS10 said his are DHS and Animal Kingdom, then he wanted to add Epcot too!

stephicakes
06-20-2012, 02:28 PM
MK is a close 2nd... but I have to go with EPCOT! WS is my favorite place to explore :number1:

steph

mdricks
06-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Epcot here. Hands down.
:thumbsup:

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Like many others, mine is between MK and Epcot. I voted MK in the poll though because the MK is classic Disney!

andypooh
06-20-2012, 02:42 PM
MK, Epcot, AK, DHS in that order

I enjoy them all but nothing beats the MK

We will be on Main Street in 72 hours

azcavalier
06-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I think that the majority of adults would pick Epcot, and I agree with them. LOVE Epcot. I get chills when I hear the Soarin' theme. I could listen to the Epcot Entrance Loop all day. Love eating ice cream and watching the Fountain of Nations. Spaceship Earth is just about my favorite attraction (don't know why....it just calls to me.) We even bought a little tile on the monoliths out front. I wake my kids up in the morning playing the audio from the "Gran Fiesta Tour".

All that said, I love the other three parks equally. I love AK for its amazing theming and the quality of what few rides there are. I love DHS for TSM, RnRC, and the excellent shows. I love the Magic Kingdom, well, because that IS Disney.

disneymom15
06-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Tough question, but I picked MK. MK is truly my "happy place" all the sights and sounds just do it for me.

CU Tiger
06-20-2012, 03:16 PM
You have to go with the origianal MK :thumbsup:! :mickey:

Wolf
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
I love Epcot very much but AK gets my vote, I have the most magical memories there and that park is so very fun and beautiful to me!

EeyoresBestFriend
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Following previous posters example, in order: DAK, Epcot, MK, DHS, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon. :cloud9:

Wish I was there now . . . . . .

tjstrike
06-20-2012, 05:35 PM
MK here but we need to move RnRC, EE and TT to the MK. :thumbsup:

Gator
06-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Funny how it changes sometimes. After my first visit, MGM (DHS) was my favorite park. Love the giant hat, the great thrill rides, and the cool shows.

But now it's Epcot. The world showcase is so great. And I love Illuminations. Plus the thematic music through the park is great.

It can never be MK because, other than the castle, Disneyland is a better park. Not a better experience for vacations, but a better park for sure.

Ian
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Pretty much exactly what I expected to see.

I've said it a million times, but Disney World's theme parks have gotten progressively worse since they've opened. The original continues to be the most popular while the two newest are distant also-rans. Let's face it ... if DHS or AK weren't tied to MK and Epcot their attendance would plummet.

Frankly, I'm flabbergasted that three people voted for Animal Kingdom, which is the park I would rank a distant last. Itzazhu.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Frankly, I'm flabbergasted that three people voted for Animal Kingdom, which is the park I would rank a distant last. Itzazhu.

That's a bit brutal, don't cha think? :rub:

Everyone enjoys their vacation in different ways and WDW offers a great cross section. It may be "azhu" to you, but it has a beauty all it's own (especially at night) And I will take it over any other park if given only a day.

Ms. Mode
06-21-2012, 07:32 AM
I love all four parks and always have a hard time picking a favorite. I normally say MK because it IS Disney, but I too love Spaceship Earth for some reason I can't come up with. :blush:

goofy-4-disney
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
It was tough for me to decide between Epcot and MK, but I ended up deciding tht Epcot is my favorite park. Next is MK, DHS, and finally AK. If it weren't for the safari I would probably not even go to AK on our trips.

Dulcee
06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Pretty much exactly what I expected to see.

I've said it a million times, but Disney World's theme parks have gotten progressively worse since they've opened. The original continues to be the most popular while the two newest are distant also-rans. Let's face it ... if DHS or AK weren't tied to MK and Epcot their attendance would plummet.

I LOVE AK. EPCOT is still my first choice, I think its the music they play, always brings me back to old WDW memories from being a kid and traveling there with my parents.

But I love, love, love AK. I actually think the AK-hate comes mostly from old time disney fans. Whenever I talk to new guests or new disney fans AK tops out. Its a gorgeous park with a unique spin if you ask me. It has a peacefulness that I think the other parks lack and houses some of my favorite attractions.

grumpyguy
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
MK is the automatic for me,I'm kinda surprised how well epcot is doing in this poll!!??
I like epcot too but sometimes in reading others replies,I get the feeling Epcot could be losing some of it's appeal.
In contrast AK is really growing on me,I wish
EE was functioning at it's intended plendor:thumbsup:

i'm grumpy
06-21-2012, 01:36 PM
I chose MK, but DHS is also a fave.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
There really should be more than one choice. For me it is a tie between MK and Epcot. But I chose Epcot because my daughter and I spent the majority of our visit last week there exploring and having a great time making memories.

finaldynasty
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Epcot is my favorite, but I would like for them to add a few more countries to the WS. I don't think they have added one since Norway back in the late 80's!

:mickey:

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-21-2012, 05:44 PM
I was suprised that Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios those are both great parks I cant believe some people on here dont love all the parks in particular . Personally I love them all and they are all about the same about same in my opinion.

Mousemates
06-22-2012, 12:12 AM
That's a bit brutal, don't cha think? :rub:

Everyone enjoys their vacation in different ways and WDW offers a great cross section. It may be "azhu" to you, but it has a beauty all it's own (especially at night) And I will take it over any other park if given only a day.

I agree it is a great park at night...but the big problem is that it almost always closes before night fall truly sets in. I like it OK, but we never do a whole day there....and regardless of the natazu phraseology, to my family it really is "Azhu" at heart ... & until its gets another high-end E-ticket type ride, lots of folks will see it that way.

By the way, I'm not sure why the whole "zoo thing" is considered to be such a perjorative, being a zoo isn't a bad thing...zoos are nice place to visit...and a zoo with rides is even better.

TiggeRia
06-22-2012, 05:09 AM
I went with EPCOT, but AK is a close second! MK would be third and DHS....can't stand most of it!

ransam
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
for me it came down to must see attractions at each park and the feeling i have when i am in the park.
from last to first-

AK- I love this park. it's calming at times So well done. But for me, it's half a day, 3/4 of a day at best. it's probably why i always go w/ a park hopper cause i know i won't go there long. For me i have to go on the safari, Nemo, and Lion King. everything else is cool, but if i got those three in, i could leave and be content. I will say for me, they do have the coolest christmas parade.

Epcot-this was really hard to put at 3. By far to me, the most beautiful park on the planet. So well done. The feeling at night is so awesome as well. so calming and cool, and nice. My all time favorite moment was going to American Adventure on the last show, right at park closing. by the time it was over the park was empty. I had a nice lesuire walk to the front w/ no one but me. it was so incredible. I did stop a lot to just take in the mood. Epcot is the one park you can go to and not go on one ride or show and be happy. but i would have to say i can't leave epcot unless i go on Soarin'. Imagination, and American Adventure.

MK- for me this is the anchor tenant. if i could only go to one park on a trip, this would be the one, but that doesn't make it my favorite. it's just because it's the real deal. No vacation at Disney begins until i walk down mainstreet. that one walk is always my favorite moment. Just being MK is enough. as far as rides and shows, i'd have to go on Peter pan, Small world, and Splash mountain, no trip to MK will be complete unless i do those 3 at least twice.

HS-Which leads me to my favorite, HS. I know it's not a popular park for many, but for me i just love the park. it's so alive. I love how out of no where a street show just starts up. I love the mood and how bright it is. But more importantly it has more must do rides and shows than any other park. I can't leave w/o doing Rock and roll rollercoaster, tower of terror, Walt-A man and his dream, Toy Story, fantasmic, American Idol, and beauty and the beast.
Not to mention it's where they do the Imagineer luncheon at the brown derby, so that in it self makes it one of my favorites.

great poll, thanks for posting.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-23-2012, 12:48 AM
No Problem!

mommy2maddi
06-23-2012, 01:23 AM
Love MK! It's what most people think of when they hear Wlat Disney World. But I love parts of all the parks. MK is nostalgic, walking up Main St. USA towards Cinderellas castle...there's nothing quite like it. Epcot is amazing in so many ways and embodies culturalism. Love that each country employs ppl from that country. HS has 2 great rides, TOT & RNRC, but lousy dining choices. Animal Kingdom has EE and interesting trails to see animals. They all have great points!

ANG
06-23-2012, 06:42 AM
Mine is MK, DH is HS

VWL Mom
06-23-2012, 09:44 AM
I voted for MK because for me there is nothing like walking down Main Street to start a trip. I think there's a lot of nostalgia for me from when my boys were small that will stay in my heart forever.

We do tend to spend more time at DHS now that they're older, it's definitely their favorite. While they're riding, I'm usually watching the street shows which I find very enjoyable.

DNS
06-23-2012, 12:08 PM
My DH would say EP, but I am going with AK. The Studios we are not too fond of, but the other three are nearly even. Just a slight edge to AK. Less rides there, but there is just something about the ambience that I love.

disney0575
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
I chose Magic Kingdom, but EPCOT is an extremely close second

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
This is the order mine go in....

1st. Magic Kingdom - I love Magic Kingdom because it brings back memories and is very nastalgic. Plus I love almost all the classic Disney movies and almost every ride is themed to one of these movies so I love the rides too. Plus it just makes me feel like a 4 year old again with all the magic :) Plus it also has Splash Mountain my favorite ride :D !

Epcot (tied for first)- I love culture and learning new things. Plus I love the combination of the past, the present, and the future. Spaceship Earth and Soarin are also some of my favorite rides both make me feel so happy. Plus it has Figment so thats good too.

Animal Kingdom- I love animals and culture so this park is still really great. Plus it has some great shows!

Hollywood Studios - Last is Hollywood Studios great park but it just isnt as magical for me so it comes in at last. But it still is great. Because it has some fun rides and shows.(ex..Fantasmic,Tot, and Rockin Roller Coaster):mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-24-2012, 09:23 PM
MK is and always has been my favorite. It's where I feel most like a little kid. But I love walking around Epcot especially at night.

magicman
06-29-2012, 02:47 PM
There is nothing like that first visit "walk in" to the Magic Kingdom.

There is nothing like the smell on main street.

There is nothing like the first sound of "Wishes".

There is nothing like the Magic Kingdom.

~ The magicman :smickey:

magicman
06-29-2012, 02:53 PM
By the way, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney.

Didn't I tell you, this was the best Disney site (except for actually being there)!!!

:rocks:

LudwigVonDrake
06-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Magic Kingdom will always be my favorite :tink:

texas211
06-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Anything but the animal kingdom.

DisneyFr33k
06-30-2012, 08:41 AM
If it it during the Food and Wine Festival, I love Epcot best. If not, then MK edges out Epcot by a hair.

Aurora
06-30-2012, 12:11 PM
The Magic Kingdom will always have the most special place in my heart, for all kinds of reasons: family, atmosphere, nostalgia, water, fantasy, music, immersion in all things Disney. I can't wait to see the full Fantasyland expansion when it's complete.

But I found out before our trip last year that Epcot is my big kids' favorite. That was a total surprise to me (they were 12 and 15 at the time). I think it's because they're right at the ages when they can really appreciate the park's immensity and diversity. And DD absolutely LOVES the background music. When I play it at home she gets really wistful.

magicman
07-01-2012, 10:00 PM
And DD absolutely LOVES the background music. When I play it at home she gets really wistful.

What & where did you get this EPCOT music. I love feeling wistful!!!

joonyer
07-01-2012, 11:50 PM
MK is and has always been my favorite (first visit in 1971 when it was the only park). But I love all the parks at WDW, MK is just my favorite!

disneykid99
07-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I voted for MK but it is really tied with Epcot (for DH and I). Our kids lean only very slightly more to MK being their favorite so I voted for it. Really we love them all but spend most of our trips in these two parks. :mickey: Fun Post!

caryrae
07-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Hard choice between MK, AK, and Epcot. I love different things about each. I love the feel of Magic Kingdom, World Showcase at Epcot, and just the look of AK landscaping with all the trees and plants and the animals are fun to see.

SaltyMaid
07-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Mine is probably magic and animal kingdom and my family too love both of them.

riley1129
07-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I could spend every single day of my trip in MK. There's something about the atmosphere in MK that EP, AK and HS just do not have. I feel like I'm 5 years old again every time I walk off that monorail and sprint towards the gates.

Melanie
07-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Epcot, Epcot, Epcot! I don't remember my first trip to MK, but I do remember my first time in Epcot (same trip).

barnaby
07-06-2012, 12:36 PM
To each his own, I guess.

MK is my favorite, but AK is second and for me, Epcot is last.

Jared
07-06-2012, 01:20 PM
This is a really difficult question for me because I can easily make a legitimate argument for all four parks. As a result, I constantly flip-flop when asked to rank them. I think it depends on my mood at that moment.

But ultimately, I think I have to vote for the Magic Kingdom for this reason: There has never been a time when I felt that it truly slipped.

I have, at times, considered Hollywood Studios my favorite park. It has also been my least favorite. I believe that Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard as a collective area is thematically the best section of any Disney theme park in Florida. I can spend an entire day there just watching the Citizens of Hollywood. They are brilliant. But, like so many others have said in this thread, the back of the park is in dire shape. It really needs a California Adventure-style overhaul. The park lacks a cohesive vision.

Animal Kingdom is a tricky one to discuss because it's so different from the other three. As someone who chooses to experience the parks slowly, I love the pace at the Animal Kingdom. I think it's the most beautiful park in terms of landscaping. But it lacks attractions. It feels incomplete.

Then there's Epcot, which I think at this moment is my least favorite park. It sounds like blasphemy, but it is difficult to enjoy a place that has been systematically butchered over the past decade. Future World is an embarrassing shell of itself, littered with closed pavilions and tired attractions. It no longer has the energy and inspiring vision that made it special. World Showcase, while wonderful, just seems dated to me at this point. But, then again, I love walking around the promenade. I love the Food and Wine Festival. I just can't ignore the flaws.

I always can return to the Magic Kingdom. It never disappoints me. The rides, while old, never seem outdated. So right now, I rank the parks this way:

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Epcot

EJS-Houston
07-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Leave it to me to be in the overwhelming minority ( :pout:. I really do love the whole look and feel of Hollywood Studios. Don't get me wrong, EPCOT rules as far as one park you can spend multiple days in, you can't beat The Magic Kingdom for nostalgia and old-fashioned Disney magic, and The Animal Kingdom holds a special place in my heart because of its focus on animals and the brilliant means it finds to showcase them. But as a movie buff, I love being immersed in the backlot atmosphere of Hollywood Studios...and while I'm not by nature a shopper, I do seem to find the stores at Hollwyood Studios have more stuff that attracts me than elsewhere. And I never tire of the thrills provided by Tower of Terror, the Rock-n-Roller-Coaster and Star Tours...I adore the Sci-Fi Drive-In Diner...and I could go on and on. Just felt like someone needed to stand up for Hollywood Studios.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
07-08-2012, 05:36 PM
There is nothing like that first visit "walk in" to the Magic Kingdom.

There is nothing like the smell on main street.

There is nothing like the first sound of "Wishes".

There is nothing like the Magic Kingdom.

~ The magicman :smickey:

By the way, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney.

Didn't I tell you, this was the best Disney site (except for actually being there)!!!

:rocks:

Yeah It does rock and I agree the "magic" of the Magic Kingdom can not be beat!

RAIDER
07-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Epcot for me , i love Soarin and world showcase ,i never get bored of it :mickey:

Mitzie
07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
My parents took me to Epcot in 82, I was 12 and fell in love with that park then. It has remained my favorite park experience any where. I still remember walking up to the computer screens to make diner ressies... Golly I love that place..DH favorite is AK and the kids all prefer MK.

chefmickey3
07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I voted MK, but my DS8 would vote AK. He loves everything about it.

LandFan
07-10-2012, 08:58 PM
It would be easier to pick the one I don't care for, lol! DHS by far! I actually like the other three almost equally but I voted for EPCOT. No one else in the whole world has a giant golf ball with a ride (and Rome!) in it and a world showcase!

Pop Centurion
07-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Epcot for me.
I love MK but overall Epcot is my favorite.

Dr. Disney
07-11-2012, 12:24 AM
EPCOT.. hands down. The perfect mix of some standard and thrill attractions paired with an opportunity to visit countries around the world. Not to mention the best fireworks display!! :mickey2:

Tink#64
07-11-2012, 12:36 AM
I was curious to know what is your favorite theme park? Mine personally is tied between Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

:ditto: But I cast my vote for Epcot! I could just visit Epcot & be completely happy! :cloud9: To me it's like 2 for the price of one! Two completely different experiences between FW & WS, we always split into 2 days. So as much as I love the MK, I think Epcot has a little bit of edge for me! :cloud9:

indytraveler
07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
MK. The original Florida vacation spot.

GrmGrninGost
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
MK for me!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
08-19-2012, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=Jared;2279818 It is difficult to enjoy a place that has been systematically butchered over the past decade. Future World is an embarrassing shell of itself, littered with closed pavilions and tired attractions. It no longer has the energy and inspiring vision that made it special. World Showcase, while wonderful, just seems dated to me at this point. But, then again, I love walking around the promenade. I love the Food and Wine Festival. I just can't ignore the flaws.[/QUOTE]

Thats a little harsh dont you think?