PDA

View Full Version : Do they change/extend closing times?

eandrsmom
06-19-2012, 07:56 PM
We're going in July for the first time. We usually visit when it's cooler, so this will be a first for us. Being from South Louisiana, we're prepared for heat, humidity, and afternoon showers. During our visit in late July, I noticed that MK closed at 10:00pm each night we're there. (Not including EMH) I was a bit surprised by this, since I read that this is peak time. I would have thought that they'd be open later. We were there the first week of May, on the weekends the MK was open until midnight. I was wondering if they sometines change the closing time depending on projected crowd levels.

faline
06-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Yes they do. We've found that the times sometimes changed even after we arrived at Disney.

eandrsmom
06-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks, I was hoping that would be the case. We're planning to go in the evenings when things are a little cooler, and hopefully a little less crowded.

CajunDisneyDad
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
We had a cast member in MK tell us that if certian criteria are met (crowds, queues etc) they will extend the park hours. We went last year the week after the forth and the earliest MK closed that whole time was 11:00pm :) The do adjust hours due to crowds. Have a great time fellow cajun :D

jans2kids
06-20-2012, 01:02 PM
It looks like today park hours have been extended for July. The nights MK was scheduled to be open to 10PM now shows 11PM and a even later than that around the holiday.

ImagiAsh
06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Also, keep an eye on EMH times AND what park is having them when. I'm sure those are less frequently changed, but it just happened to me on my trip in April. I planned around EPCOT holding EMH on a Friday night (as that was what was listed when I booked my trip two months earlier), and then I found it to be moved to Saturday night.

Hog
06-22-2012, 01:31 PM
We were in MK last October closing time was 11. They made an over head announcement they would stay open til 1am. I was shocked but it was sooooooo busy that day and it was a day of morning emh

Fangorn
06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
We were in MK last October closing time was 11. They made an over head announcement they would stay open til 1am. I was shocked but it was sooooooo busy that day and it was a day of morning emh

I've had this happen more than once at both MK and at DHS. One time at DHS, they made the announcement about 4pm that they were staying open until 10pm and adding a second Fantasmic! show. Very last minute.

Steve

06-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Just changed some this afternoon for next week.

MickeysBestPal
06-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Just changed some this afternoon for next week.

Wed., June 27: MK closing extended from 11PM to 12 Mid.

Thur., June 28: MK closing moved to 11PM.
A 2nd Main Street Electrical Parade, added at 11PM.
A 2nd The Magic, The Memories and You! added, 10:35PM.

brivers222
06-26-2012, 12:24 PM
yup its always a guideline until the park actually closes that day then it can been deemed the offical closing time.

i stopped trying to hardline my plans out months in advance because all to often times change (usually in my favor, meaning longer operating hours)

CanadaLovesDisney
06-29-2012, 03:04 PM
In July and august we have had them come over the magic kingdom 'loud speaker' and say they are extending the hours!

Amazing when that happens!

mgmnut
07-08-2012, 01:00 PM
We went last July. I think about a month out they extended hours. MK was open until midnight with EMH until 3am 2 nights of the trip. We took full advantage of both. Hoping for extended hours for the end of Aug to do the same.

CMCTxMom
07-08-2012, 01:29 PM
That must be rough on the CMs when they decide at the last minute they're staying open an extra hour or two!

eandrsmom
07-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I'd have to think that CM's are given notice that their hours may be extended when they are scheduled. It still must be rough thinking that you only have an hour left of work, only to find out that it's going to be extended several more hours.-Especially in the hot, humid summer.