PDA

View Full Version : Is Chicago the new Florida?

Aurora
06-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Temperatures here today and yesterday are hotter than in Orlando. What gives? The air is coming from the Gulf of Mexico, which last time I checked on a map, was pretty close to Florida. :D

Time to crank out the Disney music in the backyard, put on the sprinkler and pretend. :mickey:

BrerGnat
06-19-2012, 01:13 PM
The weather is crazy recently. It's backwards...we've had downright chilly weather (for summer) here in Virginia. It's finally about to get hot in the next couple days. We might actually make it to the pool. :rolleyes:

Not that I'm complaining. Just about the worst part about VA is the summer weather. I'll happily take these upper 70's and little humidity for a few more weeks. :thumbsup:

CuteAsMinnie
06-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Temperatures here today and yesterday are hotter than in Orlando. What gives? The air is coming from the Gulf of Mexico, which last time I checked on a map, was pretty close to Florida. :D

Time to crank out the Disney music in the backyard, put on the sprinkler and pretend. :mickey:

You betcha!!!!! :cool: :marg:

Mind as well book a WDW vaca to boot! :cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I agree! As I walked out of my house into the crazy humidity, the first thing I said was "feels like a morning at Disney".

Now, I'd much rather be at Disney than at work right now!

brad192
06-19-2012, 03:57 PM
93 here in Michigan right now, with a heat index of 102. 2 more days of it coming as well. :fan:

I was expecting this kind of summer ever since we had that 2 week stretch in March where it was in the 70's & 80's. Normally, we'd be lucky to get out of the 40's that time of year, plus, we had an F2 tornado plow thru my area (about 5 miles from my house) one of those days & cause some major damage to homes & businesses. :crazy:

Hmmm....maybe there IS something to this global warming thing. :D

NewDVCowner
06-19-2012, 04:19 PM
On Saturday in the San Francisco Bay Area, we got up to 113. Oof! Sunday was up around 106 but Monday and today have dropped down to the 70's. Fortunately in the summer we always top out at three days of the super hot weather before the fog gets pulled in again. Lucky for us humidity is rarely an issue.

TinkerbellT421
06-19-2012, 05:50 PM
It's going to be in the 90s here the next couple of days which typically never happens till about end of July, August-ish. Plus, we had an abnormally mild winter. Like really mild, it was almost like spring for most of our winter.

DVC2004
06-20-2012, 12:49 PM
I love it! But then again, I have air conditioning and work in an air conditioned office. It's alot easier to enjoy when you can b selective about how much time your spend in the heat. But, I personally wouldn't mind if stayed this way all summer.

A couple years ago- I think it was summer 2010- we didn't really have a summer up here. It was cool and rainy I remember. There ere really almost no pool days for us.

Aurora
06-20-2012, 01:12 PM
A couple years ago- I think it was summer 2010- we didn't really have a summer up here. It was cool and rainy I remember. There were really almost no pool days for us.

Yes, you're right. That was a bit of a bummer of a summer. I'll take the warmer summers too. Just hope it's not a repeat of 1995!

DisneyDog
06-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Here in the Philly suburbs, we had a heat index (or "real feel") of 104. It was 70 degrees the other day. It was just a little too big of a jump for me. Not enough time to adjust to it.

brad192
06-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Just checked the forecast for the next few days here in Southern lower Michigan. The actual high temp for tomorrow is 104! :jaw: Mid 90's for the weekend. They're not posting the heat index - I think it's just too scary. :faint:

Guess I'll finally have to relent & turn my A/C on.

laprana
06-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Forecast for today in the St. Louis area is 108 degrees! :faint: Actual temperature, not the heat index! That's just insane. And it's supposed to stay in the 100's until at least next Wednesday. Predicted high temp in Orlando today? 92. Why do I live in Illinois again?? :confused:

MNNHFLTX
06-28-2012, 01:20 PM
I was one of those people who (subconsciously) got a tiny dose of satisfaction last week when the northern part of the country was sweltering in the heat and here in Houston we were "only" in the mid-80's (sorry, don't hate me!) Well, we got the heat back in spades and, unfortunately, this is Texas and I highly doubt it will be any different for the rest of the summer. Last summer we had 24 straight days of 100+ temps, and we didn't have it nearly as bad as some of the other cities in Texas

Blech, hate this kind of heat.

Hammer
06-28-2012, 01:34 PM
I was one of those people who (subconsciously) got a tiny dose of satisfaction last week when the northern part of the country was sweltering in the heat and here in Houston we were "only" in the mid-80's (sorry, don't hate me!) Well, we got the heat back in spades and, unfortunately, this is Texas and I highly doubt it will be any different for the rest of the summer. Last summer we had 24 straight days of 100+ temps, and we didn't have it nearly as bad as some of the other cities in Texas

Blech, hate this kind of heat.

At least you have your new A/C to keep you nice and cool :fan: !

AgentC
06-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Yikes Beth. 24 days over 100!

I'd better stop complaining about Florida. Tropical Storm Debby is gone and our high for the next 7 days is supposed to be 94.

My main thing with Florida isn't how hot it gets are much as the heat just lasts sooooo long.

MNNHFLTX
06-28-2012, 02:06 PM
At least you have your new A/C to keep you nice and cool :fan: !
True! :D

My main thing with Florida isn't how hot it gets are much as the heat just lasts sooooo long.I totally understand. We lived on the east coast of Florida for 12 years and it never seemed to get as hot as it does here in Texas (at least near the coast), but it did seem to last forever. I do think Texas cools off a tad bit sooner in the fall and the seasons change a bit more than what we used to get in Florida.

KylesMom
06-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Here in the western 'burbs of ChiTown, it's Orlando in August kind of hot. Tried to get my bike ride in by taking an early lunch at 9 am, and could only go 1/2 the distance. PLEASE let us get a thundershower this afternoon!