PDA

View Full Version : Second fastpass

K8screen
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Sorry to bring up ANOTHER fastpass question, but I was just looking up FP in info central, and noticed it said you could get a second fastpass after 2 hours, or after first fastpass window EXPIRES. I thought you could get a second one as soon as the window OPENS on the first one. Am I wrong? Probably!

faline
06-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Unless they've changed it, you could always get a second fastpass as soon as the window for your first fastpass opened or two hours after you received you first fastpass - whichever came first. We would often go get an additional fast pass before getting in the fastpass line for our first fastpass.

K8screen
06-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Unless they've changed it, you could always get a second fastpass as soon as the window for your first fastpass opened or two hours after you received you first fastpass - whichever came first. We would often go get an additional fast pass before getting in the fastpass line for our first fastpass.

Thats what I thought, but in Info Central quick link to fastpass it definitely says EXPIRES.

DizneyRox
06-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah, it's actually (or was) about 5 minutes into your return window, but definitely on the side of when the window opened, not closed...

Allenfow98
06-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Just back last week from a 10 day trip, it is definately when the first fast pass window opens up. I am one of those people who know exactly when our fastpasses are and when we are able to get our next one, i keep a keen eye on the times.

WDWdriver
06-19-2012, 01:55 PM
The simplest way to know when you can get a second FP is just to look at the fine print at the bottom of the FP you are currently holding. It clearly tells you to the exact minute when you can get a second one. It may indeed be two hours away or when your window opens, but not always. It depends on the park operating hours, expected attendance, attraction FP return rate, possible manual override, and several other factors. I have seen guests allowed a second FP in as little as 35 minutes after getting the first one.

Imagineer1981
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
The simplest way to know when you can get a second FP is just to look at the fine print at the bottom of the FP you are currently holding. It clearly tells you to the exact minute when you can get a second one. It may indeed be two hours away or when your window opens, but not always. It depends on the park operating hours, expected attendance, attraction FP return rate, possible manual override, and several other factors. I have seen guests allowed a second FP in as little as 35 minutes after getting the first one.

Yep, in tiny print on the bottom it will say when its available

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Tiny print on all the fast passes my daughter and I have used the past 9 days have ALL stated that our next FP was available at the time our current FP hour long window was open. So if our FP was good from 1:25-2:25, we could get a new FP at 1:25.

Main Street Jim
06-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Well, like Ron says, it depends on a number of factors as well.

Example 1:

You get into the Magic Kingdom at park opening (9:00am). You run over to Space Mountain to get a FastPass, and the first window of FP return is 10:05am-11:05am. By the time you get to Space distro (FP distribution), it's 9:05am. Your next opportunity for another FastPass (for another attraction) will become available at 10:05am.

Example 2:

You're at EPCOT in the afternoon, and want to get a FastPass for Test Track. It's 2:15pm. The Return time for Test Track FP is 8:30pm-9:30pm. Your next available FastPass (for another attraction) will be at 4:15pm (2 hours later), even though your Test Track return time is 8:30pm.

But, again, there are factors like an attraction being down for a while (in which case, usually, the FP's will get bumped out a ways, say, from 11:00am-12:00pm when it went down, to <theoretically> 3:00pm-4:00pm, because they know the attraction will be down for a while).

**ALWAYS READ YOUR FASTPASSES**. :) It will indeed tell you when your next one's available at the bottom.

Melanie
06-19-2012, 07:26 PM
This morning we were at DHS and I went straight to Toy Story Mania to get FPs. Our return time was 11:45-12:45. Strangely enough, that fine print at the bottom said another FP would be available at 9:04am, aka IMMEDIATELY. Very weird.

So yes, read that fine print. You never know.