PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest

homeschool mom
06-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Does anyone know if this restaurant is going to be a buffet or just order off the menu?

Imalismom
06-19-2012, 06:55 PM
There will be three dining rooms in the restaurant, with will be able to seat 550 people:

(1) Library/Gallery,
(2) Mysterious West Wing (where the enchanted rose is kept)
(3) 2-story Ballroom, where a snow effect will be in the windows

The restaurant will offer table-service dining during the evening, and counter-service dining during the day.

So far we are hearing that this will not be a character meal.

homeschool mom
06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
That sounds perfect for us! I already scheduled all of our TS meals for Dec. and din't really want the extra expense of paying for another TS meal. I will still be able to go to Be Our Guest and only use a CS meal. I can't wait to see it! :cloud9:

readytogo2
06-21-2012, 04:24 PM
any ideas on what the menu may look like?

Imalismom
06-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Not yet.....

r4kids
06-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Anyone know when we can make ressies ?????

Imalismom
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Anyone know when we can make ressies ?????

Nope - that is one of WDW's best kept secrets at this point in time - and I wish someone would soon spill the beans!

RedSoxFan
06-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Is there an exact date to when it opens?

Imalismom
06-24-2012, 02:32 PM

That's the other best kept secret :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
06-24-2012, 04:07 PM

Disney likely doesn't know itself yet. The contractor has to release the building after it clears all inspections first. Then it will take some time for setup, staffing and training (and the chefs have to train in the new kitchen as well) before they are ready to start a soft opening period. Any proboems in setup and trainung can delay as well. That's likely why we are only hearing broad dates like for the holidays at this point, definite dates just aren't known.

Gator
06-25-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm guessing it's going to be the new Le Cellier, with everyone fighting for a chance to beg for food at the feet of Cogsworth. I know I'll be in line.

sonamae80
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I hope it's open in time for our late Nov/early Dec trip! DD would be over the moon for this! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for when they'll start taking ADR's! :)

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Any word yet if it will be on the dining plan and if so at what level?

After booking HDDR and a CP dinner package, my adr's are pretty solid. I'm hoping that as mentioned in a prior reply that it will be open for CS for lunch and that it won't require a TS entitlement to eat there for lunch on the DDP.

Dulcee
06-26-2012, 12:56 PM
according to the disney parks blog tomorrow they'll be releasing some information on menu and when ADRs will be available....

we'll see :mickey::mickey:

homeschool mom
06-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Like a previous poster said, after booking HDDR, our CP dining package and 2 others my TS meals are gone. I'm hoping for a CS lunch at Be Our Guest!

BriarRose0708
06-27-2012, 10:52 AM
The info is now up on the Disney Parks Blog! The menu sounds really yummy but no specifics other than "ADRs can be made for the holidays starting in late August." So still no idea as to when, specifically, it will be open for both counter service and table service.

eatsleepdisney
06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Just saw details about it on the Disney Food Blog! I'm really excited for this!

azcavalier
06-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Interesting....the whole "it's a quick service, but not a counter service" idea for lunch. You order for yourself at a kiosk, and then they bring the food to your table on china.

The menu looks great. I'm hoping this is open before we go in November.

Nascfan
06-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I cannot wait to eat here! We will definitely be planning a lunch next May. My mouth is already watering for the grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread.:eat:

Imalismom
06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
If you dig into the comments section, WDW is answering some of the questions - here was one answer

Pam Brandon on June 27th, 2012 at 12:48 pm
Guests will be able to use one (1) QSR entitlement for lunch or one (1) TSR entitlement for dinner.

so that tell us it WILL be on the Dining Plan...

Also the question on characters:

Pam Brandon on June 27th, 2012 at 12:46 pm
No characters — at least not for now!

buzznwoodysmom
06-28-2012, 08:15 PM
I am thrilled that they will offer QS for lunch. It'll be great to try it without the price tag of a TS meal. I like that everyone will have the chance to see the restaurant, even if you can't score an ADR, or can't afford to do TS meals. We will definitely try the QS first!

Polynesian Dweller
06-29-2012, 12:07 AM
The info is now up on the Disney Parks Blog! The menu sounds really yummy but no specifics other than "ADRs can be made for the holidays starting in late August." So still no idea as to when, specifically, it will be open for both counter service and table service.

Yeah, their statement on opening isn't specific. It gives them lots of wiggle room so sounds like eir closer to knowing but haven't a firm idea yet.

Sound interesting, especially for lunch at the beginning.

homeschool mom
06-30-2012, 09:45 AM
I just checked out the Blog. So excited to eat lunch there at Christmastime! :cloud9:

MrPeetrie
06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I so hope this is open for our upcoming trip (9/20-9/30), but alas I fear it won't be ready that soon.

r4kids
06-30-2012, 05:06 PM
I hope it's open in time for our late Nov/early Dec trip! DD would be over the moon for this! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for when they'll start taking ADR's! :)

Ditto!! :mickey:

BIGDOG
07-03-2012, 01:58 PM
This is the first I've heard of this new 'Be Our Guest' where is is going to be located?

Catzle
07-03-2012, 11:20 PM
The new castle in Fantasyland

BhamWriter
07-07-2012, 10:48 AM
According to the Sun-Sentinel's Dewayne Bevil (an Internet search can find the article) dated June 27, 2012:

"The menu offerings reflect the French setting of the animated film. For lunch, expect tuna Niçoise salad, Croque Monsieur sandwich, carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise, grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread, braised pork, vegetable quiche and more. Naturally, there will be pommes frites, or, as we say in the USA, french fries.

"Dinnertime entrées will include pork rack chop with au gratin pasta, rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes, pan-seared salmon in leek fondue, grilled strip steak, sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce and an oven-baked ratatouille.

"Kids' menu items will include Mickey meatloaf, seared mahi mahi and whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella and others."

mommy2maddi
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Just read highlights on the Disney Parks Blog and I can't wait to dine there!!! We will be at WDW in December and I hope I am lucky enough to get ADR's for dinner...if not lunch will suffice! :mickey: