PDA

View Full Version : AoA Family Suites

faberj
06-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Has anyone stayed at AoA in one of the family suites yet?
I am just wondering if you have and how you liked or not liked it?

We are a family of 3, Me, DH, and DS 2 considering staying there.

We are currently booked at AKL in a standard room.

I was thinking the family suite as DS 2 can take naps and more importantly go to bed and DH and I can still stay up in the other room.

This is the first time we are traveling to WDW with DS. We have only traveled with him, but have always stayed int a condo type hotel where we had a seperate bedroom. There is no way we can swing a suite at AKL with the high price tag they come with.

We like that AKL is quiet and was wondering if a NON pool facing room at AoA would provide us the same peacefullness.

Any thoughts or opinions would be much apprecaited.

Thanks!

Melanie
06-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Look in trip reports for report by cantgetenuff. She stayed there opening weekend.

Also look on INTERCOTs Facebook page for a ton of photos. It's a beautiful resort.

Www.facebook.com/INTERCOT

Ed
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
The "Cars" section of AoA opened to the public today. We did a "preview" one-night stay in a pool-facing family suite there last week, and really liked it. Pictures from our stay are posted on the Facebook page Melanie mentioned. The family suites can sleep 6 comfortably, have two full bathrooms and a kitchenette.

All of the buildings in the Cars section are far enough from the Cozy Cone pool that the noise is not an issue at all. By contrast, some of the Nemo buildings are closer to the Big Blue Pool, which is much larger and draws more users; noise may be more of an issue there. Also, the Recreation staff does some entertainment at the Big Blue Pool - - think music, PA system, and tons of pretty loud kids. I don't know how late they hold such events there.

disneynarula
06-19-2012, 09:33 AM
I am so excited to stay here. We downgraded from a villa at OKW and I don't think I will be sorry! So fun for the kids.

faberj
06-19-2012, 09:48 AM
The "Cars" section of AoA opened to the public today. We did a "preview" one-night stay in a pool-facing family suite there last week, and really liked it. Pictures from our stay are posted on the Facebook page Melanie mentioned. The family suites can sleep 6 comfortably, have two full bathrooms and a kitchenette.

All of the buildings in the Cars section are far enough from the Cozy Cone pool that the noise is not an issue at all. By contrast, some of the Nemo buildings are closer to the Big Blue Pool, which is much larger and draws more users; noise may be more of an issue there. Also, the Recreation staff does some entertainment at the Big Blue Pool - - think music, PA system, and tons of pretty loud kids. I don't know how late they hold such events there.

Hi Ed! Thanks for the info! Just wondering how comfortable were the beds?