PDA

View Full Version : What DVC Perks would you like to see?

Dyanna
06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Since we hear a lot from people about the lack of perks DVC owners receive I wanted to hear from those people to hear what perks they would like to have as being an owner & should these perks also be extended to those whom rent points from an owner. I as a DVC owner would like to see a fastpass that lets us go on the fastpass line without any time restrictions/limits. (ex-1 hr window) This should only be avail to those DVC owners only & not a perk for ones whom rents points from the owners. Lets try to not bring up the 'free dining' issue please. :sick:

Joannelet
06-18-2012, 04:28 PM
I would love to see more discounts at shopping and dining locations. I don't really like that it is limited to certain restaurants, certain meals, certain stores. I think a great incentive in buying into DVC would be discounts on every place. Even if it is 10% it is something without all the limitations.

VWL Mom
06-18-2012, 04:33 PM
I would like to see a discount on tickets other than AP. When my boys bring friends it would be nice to save on their tickets. A monthly payment plan for APs similar to the FL resident wold be nice too They could auto deduct with the dues.

DVC2004
06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
I agree about park ticket vs. AP discounts. We rarely spend all our time in the parks these days and the ticket discount would be more attractive.

Member's only special events would be nice too. Not the cruise. I mean after hours park party for members and their guests. Not even for free. We just don't have the desire to do the member cruise.

greengeen
06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't see a "lack of perks" at all. There are many perks to DVC membership, with the #1 perk being great accommodations at a huge discount. I think folks who expect more are missing the whole point.

chefmickey3
06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
I would love discounts on other park passes. Discounts for other restaurants and shopping on property would be nice.

DVC2004
06-18-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't see a "lack of perks" at all. There are many perks to DVC membership, with the #1 perk being great accommodations at a huge discount. I think folks who expect more are missing the whole point.

I don't think there are a lack of perks. More are always welcome though.

DizneyRox
06-18-2012, 09:11 PM
The free tickets they used to provide would be a nice start... Even if it was something like the free tickets they used to provide to CMs (not sure if they still do that).

More retail discounts would probably help merchadise sales too.

Ian
06-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm pretty happy with the steeply discount AP they're giving us this year, but I love the idea of letting us buy them each year on a payment plan or even having them auto-deducted along with dues/loan payments, etc.

Checkers
06-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm happy with the perks provided but would love it if they would change the policy for DVC owners that the DP would not have to be purchased for everyone staying in your villa. Ex., when my DH & I go with our DD and her family they like the DP but we don't. This really would not cost Disney any money and since the DP is on each room key it shouldn't be a real hassle.

Aurora
06-19-2012, 02:44 PM
I would like to see a discount on tickets other than AP.

Ditto. We rarely plan 11 months out, and have only taken two trips in the same year twice, so APs are not an option for us. Plus, if discounts on regular tickets were offered, we probably WOULD go more often. Ticket prices are the single biggest obstacle to our family taking more trips to WDW.

dizneydeb22
06-19-2012, 02:47 PM
I would agree with the discounted park tickets or a payment plan for the AP. Other than that I am completely happy with the current perks. Every so often the do offer a discount on disneystore.com and in the store itself. :mickey: We will be taking our first DVC vacation in 52 days, staying at OKW. I can't wait!!!!

DVCJohn
06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
I have to agree with the majority that some other ticket discount would be nice. The discounted AP is fine if you intend to visit WDW more that once a year. But if you only have that 1 week or a short amount of time, the AP even discounted is too expensive. The AP option has worked out for me and my Dad this year since we will be visiting 3 times in the 12 months of our AP's. Next year will be a different issue since at his age (he is 88) and health problems, we can not be sure when or if we will get to WDW.

tjstrike
06-20-2012, 05:26 PM
I'll go with the majority and say discounted tickets other then the AP and payment plans for the AP.

Dyanna
06-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Ditto on the park ticket discount but would also like to see DVC merchandise avail for sale other then just buying them at the DVC hotels. Having to go to BC from BLT would be such a hassle for us & the avail items at BLT/Contemporary is pretty pathetic. All I want is the new hoodie!

jonahbear2006
06-27-2012, 04:21 AM
Id like to have mousekeeping everyday without there being an extra charge to it. I really miss having mousekeeping take care of us, on a daily basis. I think that DVC kids should be allowed to participate in poolside activities without the extra charge, which is what like $5 per kid for shirts or whatever they are using that day for tie dying and what not. That should be free, imo. DVC people pay a lot of money and since they are locked in, regardless of the discounted price they are getting on the room, they are almost obligated now to come and spend money there...they got you, so yes it would be nice to see some extra perks added in. I love the discounted tickets. I also think there should be a payment plan for annual passes for DVC members. what a great idea!!! I also think that they should do promotionals every year that surprise you...maybe this year dvc members get a coupon for a free 30 min pontoon rental or parasailing...get some of the dvc members addicted to some of the lower profiled activities and encourage more useage of resort activities. I dont think it would cost them that much to offer one coupon per dvc mortage, considering it seems a lot of that stuff sits unused anyways, but i think would make a lot of dvc families happier on their resort day.

Mackflava99
06-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Discounted tickets would be great- even 10% which in reality may make us get another day anyway.

I would also like the ability to pool hop to more pools. in reality it lets you get a perspective as to whether you want to stay at a different resort the next year.

DisneyGiant
06-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Discounted tickets would be great- even 10% which in reality may make us get another day anyway.

I would also like the ability to pool hop to more pools. in reality it lets you get a perspective as to whether you want to stay at a different resort the next year.

That is a good point about the pools - seems that every new resort now is on the restricted list.

The perk I would like with the DVC is a "free" Tables in Wonderland membership. We prefer this over the dining plan - but if you know I'm eating the entire length of stay on property - it should be included with our membership.

I also think they charge too much for daily mousekeeping - if it were more reasonable - we'd take advantage of it more often.

Or how about instead of welcome back wednesday's - each resort have like a 2 hour "happy hour" meet & greet area. Would be nice to get to know other DVC owners.......

Butters
06-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I would like free tickets, maybe some free meals, and if I could get a discount on airfare I don't honk I'd have a single complaint... :mickey:

LebelJD
06-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Have been a member since 2000. Own points at BWV and AK. As others have already said, we would like to have discounts on tickets other than the AP. We buy the Tables in Wonderland but would like to see TIW included for DVC members, or at least better dining discounts than 10%.

Also would like to have the complimentary valet parking back!

disneymom15
06-30-2012, 10:02 AM
I agree, mousekeeping every day would be great. I'd also like to see discount tickets on more than just AP's.

dlpmikki
07-01-2012, 08:47 AM
When there were discounts on length of stay passes everyone wanted discounts on APs. I wouldn't object if they did both but if I had to choose one then the AP is far better for me.

I also like not having mousekeeping every day - and have heard other folks say the same. I think there has to be a charge for extra mousekeeping but maybe they could reduce it.

Having been a member over 20 years the perks keep changing but there are always some I like better than others - and some that were better than others.

Claudielou
07-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I miss the housekeeping every day and would love to have discounted tickets. We can only come once a year, so we done do the AP. I would also like to see more discounts for dining. The dining plan has just gotten to where it is not a great deal for us. We are in our 60s and even the quick service plan is too much food for us. We plan on splitting meals this year, but the table service meals we want to do are pretty pricey. Just waiting for December 15th!

LebelJD
07-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Second reply to this post;
I would like to clarify about discounts on tickets. We use the AP and would like them to continue, but it would be nice to have other options when family or friends visit with us.
We don't need the daily housekeeping but it makes sense that others might like it for a lower price.

disneymom15
07-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I would also like to see real dishes and flatware in the studio units instead of paper plates, paper bowls and plastic utinsils.

phlo8810
07-11-2012, 07:27 PM
1 word answer here. Fastpasses (or is that 2)

Plex
07-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I see it like this - Disney is a corporation that ultimately is out to make money. I don't really think discounts and free stuff are going to happen. It would be great, but my feeling really is that unless they get the math to work on giving you a discount to get you to ultimately pay more overall, we're just not going to see new member benefits like that.

Thinking about things from the perspective of what we might actually be able to get out of Disney - I think in general I'd like to see DVC have a more VIP feel to it. DVC member's only areas, preferred restaurant reservations, more areas like Top of the World Lounge that are members-only, etc. These things wouldn't really cost the company any more money, and would be very nice features for DVC members.

For example - when not rented out for an event, would be cool if the wine room at California Grill was a DVC members-only section. It's not like they're going to have a shortage of members eating there every night. Having a DVC member section would just be like a little private club. It would just FEEL good, it doesn't even really need any extra amenities.

Also very cool would buy a Club 33-like lounge/bar in the Boardwalk area. Between 2 parks and 2 DVC resorts - would be a perfect spot to install a little members-only club to go grab a drink and relax. Heck, they'd make money on that! Certainly would be better than the dead dance hall...