PDA

View Full Version : Dermal fillers

disney obsessed
06-17-2012, 09:24 PM
So, I am considering dermal fillers for the lines around my mouth. Specifically, I have what is known as a short tooth set. Because of this I usually look like I am frowning. Well, I am not! And I am tired of being told to stop frowning. As I age, it is getting worse.
I have never been vain and completely accept my eastern European nose, blotchy skin and thin lips. This is who I am. But, I don't like people thinking I am mad or sad.

What do you all think? I am open to all opinions and if anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

Thanks.

BrerGnat
06-18-2012, 08:50 AM
I have a similar bite...look straight lipped or sad most of the time, even though I am not.

However, my personal opinion is that MOST cosmetic procedures that alter your appearance are not something that I'd do, simply because I think it would be odd to not look like myself. You can always tell when people have had stuff done because it never looks "quite right" if you were used to seeing them before.

I would think that people are used to the way you look. The comments of "stop frowning" will simply be replaced by "why do you look so different?" or something along those lines.

That said, dermal fillers are rather innocuous, and there are some that are not permanent. You can try it and if you don't like the result, it will likely wear off in awhile. If you do like it, you can re-do it with a permanent type.

Mickey'sGirl
06-18-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't know what dermal fillers are, but I am of the school, that if it makes you feel better about yourself, and it does not hurt anyone, then go for it. Confidence is beautiful, and if this will make you feel more confident and better about yourself, then it will be a good thing! :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
06-18-2012, 10:27 AM
When I was younger I thought "facework" was the dumbest, most self-indulgent thing I had ever heard of. Now that I am in my very late sixties, I see it in a whole new light. The fillers are number 2 on my list of things I'm willing to try. I'm done with seeing a face I no longer know in the mirror. Do I want to change to look like someone else? No. Just more "rested'.
If it's not a health risk and you can afford it, go for it! And please let us know if you are happy with the results.