PDA

View Full Version : Where can we dine close to DHS??

mommy2maddi
06-17-2012, 08:45 PM
We will spend quite a bit of time at Hollywood Studios as I feel the Tower of Terror is THE BEST ride at WDW. However, we don't love their dining. Already made decisions on ADR's for TS, so I need ideas for Counter service close to DHS...any ideas? Where can we walk or boat...is there a boat at DHS?? :confused:
Thanks!! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 09:05 PM
The boat at DHS takes you to Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk... So, any restaurant in these resorts, or you can park hop to Epcot...

wdwfansince75
06-17-2012, 09:16 PM
The boat also goes to Yacht Club and Beach Club...lots of great choices at the 5 resorts and EPCOT.

DizneyRox
06-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Counter Service though?

I'm thinking the fish and chips place at Epcot. I don't care for any of the CS locations at MGM. Maybe the bakery at Boardwalk if that counts on the dining plan. The store at Beach Club I have never found anything good at. Does Hurricane Hannah's serve food?

TinkerbellT421
06-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Counter Service though?

I'm thinking the fish and chips place at Epcot. I don't care for any of the CS locations at MGM. Maybe the bakery at Boardwalk if that counts on the dining plan. The store at Beach Club I have never found anything good at. Does Hurricane Hannah's serve food?

Yes hurricane Hannah's is a counter service. Basically the same type of burgers you can find at beaches and cream so that's always a good choice.

Gator
06-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Starring Rolls at DHS is pretty good. But for the most part, CS is pretty plain.

Jillirose
06-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Hurricane Hannah's by the pool or the Marketplace inside BC, Boardwalk Bakery for counter service near DHS. There is a cafeteria at the Dolphin as an option, but you can't use dining plan credits.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Starring Rolls at DHS is pretty good. But for the most part, CS is pretty plain.

I'll second Starring Rolls:thumbsup: On a whim we tried it on our last visit two years ago and without a doubt, our favorite CS in DHS, hands down.

SBETigg
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm not a big fan of most of the dining in DHS, but I don't find it worth leaving the park for a counter service meal. For a table service, yes. For counter service, we'll make due. There are some acceptable choices if not great ones. Leaving the park and coming back will take about forty minutes out of your day just in the transportation/walking. If you're ready to leave the park for the day, though, heading on over to World Showcase (if you have the park hopper) is always a good dining bet, plenty of good choices there. Yes, there is a boat but it's slow and makes multiple stops at all the area resorts. Some people prefer to just walk it. And really, if you're taking the time to leave the park for a counter service, you could as easily hop on a bus to any resort and it will take about as much time.

buzznwoodysmom
06-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I agree with above poster, we wouldn't leave the park and then return just for a CS meal. As has already been mentioned, the 5 resorts near DHS don't have much to offer in the way of CS anyway. I'd stick it out at the park, maybe snack the day away instead of one full meal. There are some amazing snacks at the Writer's shop next door to Sci Fi diner.

disneynarula
06-19-2012, 10:36 AM
If you really wanted to leave you could take the boat to Epcot and go the World Showcase.

mommy2maddi
06-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Good advice. I have heard others comment on Starring Rolls so maybe we will try:mickey: that. Thanks!!

wdw dude
06-19-2012, 11:14 AM
I've eaten lunch at Starring Rolls several times and so far, no complaints.

:mickey:

Wolf
06-19-2012, 01:45 PM
We really like pizza planet its cute and good food, otherwise DHS doesn't have great food, if you weren't feeling pizza I'd suggest going to EPCOT and eating something in World Showcase.