PDA

View Full Version : Thank the Phonecians

Georgesgirl1
06-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Today at our Father's Day lunch, ODS(3) was singing the ABC song. When he finished everyone clapped and congratulated him on an job well done. MIL said, "I wonder who originally came up with that song?" DH said, "The phonecians." DH and I both burst out laughing, and the fact that the rest of his family (most of whom have never gone to Disney World) were completely confused, made DH and I laugh even harder. :rotfl:

Jeff
06-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Good one!:thumbsup:

dizneydeb22
06-18-2012, 02:57 PM
That is too funny!:mickey:

brownie
06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Phoenicians makes more sense. When I first read the thread title, I read Phoneclans. I might need to start wearing glasses at the computer.

CosmicRay
06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
We had that same conversation with our kids, their friends and their parents around. And my kids said how it was invented by the Phonecians. So many were impressed. Made me look like the smart home school mom :secret: I told them it's from all those field trips to Disney World!

zipadeedoodah
06-20-2012, 11:12 AM
haha thats awesome! My bf and I were watching a Jeopardy one night and one of the questions was about who invented the alphabet (it was phrased much differently of course) And I immediately said "the phoenecians!" and my bf was like...no it wasn't. When Alex confirmed I was correct, he was so confused as to how I knew that. I just told him that going to WDW is educational! :mickey:

ImagiAsh
06-20-2012, 02:45 PM
phoenicians makes more sense. When i first read the thread title, i read phoneclans. I might need to start wearing glasses at the computer.

:laughing:

Pop Centurion
06-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Disney inside jokes are always the best.