PDA

View Full Version : Magical Upgrades this Summer?

txdisneyfanatic
06-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Last year when we arriving @ Disney, we received a magical upgrade to CLUB level @ the Beach Club while we had only booked a standard view. It was such a wonderful surprise!!

Has anyone out there received a similar upgrade this summer? What did you receive and at which hotel location? :mickey:

j2k
06-17-2012, 06:51 PM
That sounds lovely... I'm sure you were excited! I don't have anything to add since I don't have any experience in that area. I am heading there in 40ish days and staying at CSR so I'll beable to report afterwards. :mickey:

like2workout
06-18-2012, 09:09 AM
i was upgraded to concierge level at wilderness lodge while checking in - no idea how or why it happened, but it was a great experience that i'll ever forget!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-30-2012, 04:17 PM
We were just upgraded last week to a great preferred room at CBR! Couldn't spring for anything but standard when we booked, but asked very nicely if it was possible to be up close to Port Royale, and a call was made with magical results! I know the magic still happens!!! Very grateful!

:magic:

j2k
07-30-2012, 05:06 PM
We were just upgraded last week to a great preferred room at CBR! Couldn't spring for anything but standard when we booked, but asked very nicely if it was possible to be up close to Port Royale, and a call was made with magical results! I know the magic still happens!!! Very grateful!

:magic:

That is awesome!! We'll be at CSR and I will definitely ask politely. :)

#1donaldfan
07-31-2012, 12:29 PM
AKL, upgraded from standard to Savanah view !! I thought it was the best thing ever !!

Jen C.
07-31-2012, 05:54 PM
We were upgraded to club level at Contemporary in 2006. It was a pleasant surprise. It worked well for Disney, because we have stayed club level ever since!

Dr. Disney
08-01-2012, 06:56 PM
We usually stay at values, so not much room for upgrades. Once, we were 'upgraded' to the preferred rooms, lol. But, I have read some great stories of upgrades over time.

VWL Mom
08-01-2012, 07:09 PM
In June we were in the Contemporary lobby waiting for our BLT room. A family of 4 had booked a 1 bedroom suite at CR. At 4PM their room still wasn't available and they were upgraded to Presidential Suite. The mom asked if she could look at it first before she decided, the dad shot her a look and said "we'll take it"

Now that's an upgrade!

j2k
08-01-2012, 07:47 PM
In June we were in the Contemporary lobby waiting for our BLT room. A family of 4 had booked a 1 bedroom suite at CR. At 4PM their room still wasn't available and they were upgraded to Presidential Suite. The mom asked if she could look at it first before she decided, the dad shot her a look and said "we'll take it"

Now that's an upgrade!

I can picture that "look" and can imagine myself giving that look to my husband if we were in that situation. Haha!!

We're planning to check in really early 7am or earlier and head to the parks while CSR holds our luggage. Not sure if they'd give us an upgrade that early but it's worth asking.

faline
08-01-2012, 07:57 PM
The only time I got a nice upgrade was on our first trip to Disneyland. I had really wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel but it wasn't available for our first night so I had booked Paradise Pier for that one night. When we checked in, we were upgraded to concierge level. Our room had a wonderful view over the parks (watched the fireworks from our room).

LisRich
08-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Last year my cousin and I were doing a "girls/mom's getaway" and had booked a room at BWI concierge level for the 2 of us. There was a wait at checkin that a.m. and we were several hours early (having just come from 2 days at Potterville). Two cast members where manning the line for checkin - we had some friendly banter with them. Got to the desk, room wasn't ready (as we expected), so we stashed our bags, got our room keys and headed to the parks. They were going to text us the room # when it was ready. Arrived back that evening, looked for the room # they had texted - it was the Sonora Suite!!! (their Vice-Presidential) Wow!!! Don't know if it was our interaction w/the cast members at checkin, the fact that I had been an annual guest for some years, or just the luck of the draw. Whatever, it was AWESOME!!! :cloud9:

VWL Mom
08-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Arrived back that evening, looked for the room # they had texted - it was the Sonora Suite!!! (their Vice-Presidential) Wow!!! Don't know if it was our interaction w/the cast members at checkin, the fact that I had been an annual guest for some years, or just the luck of the draw. Whatever, it was AWESOME!!! :cloud9:

That was an awesome upgrade!

CuteAsMinnie
08-06-2012, 12:02 AM

Now that's an upgrade!

LoL. Classic mom/dad response!

:secret:

Tigerinvestigator
08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
We have received some great upgrades over the years, especially at the AKL. But the best we have ever got was on this trip last week at the WDW Dolphin. We booked a standard view for $125/night and upgraded to a resort view with a $50 resort credit. Our room wasn't ready at check in so they upgraded us to a balcony view overlooking DHS. The kicker was when we got our bill they had dropped the rate to $107/ night with the upgrade! We are SPG members and are also on file with the nurses discount and AAA, so I am not sure how or why we got the upgrade but it was very much appreciated. Plus we earned enough points that we are now eligible for a free night on our next trip!:thumbsup:

Figment104
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
The very first time I went to WDW on my own with my DBF (now DH) we had booked a standard view room at the WL since that's all we could afford. When we checked in they upgraded us to a courtyard view for free. Worked out great for them since now I'm hooked on that view and refuse to get any other view, or run the risk of not getting an upgrade to it, so I pay for it.