PDA

View Full Version : I miss wonders of life!

LiloLovesTheKing26
06-15-2012, 12:17 AM
I was thinking about it today! Body wars, cranium command, making of me. Even the yummy smoothies we used to get in there! Will they ever refurb that space?

DizneyRox
06-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Will they ever refurb that space?
Magic 8-Ball says: Not Likely!

It's been gone for a while, I don't we will see much of anything in there for quite some time. If they do something, it will probably be a full tear down much like Horizons...

tiggerbuddy
06-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Maybe they'll tear it down and put HORIZONS back ?:mickey:

Crow
06-15-2012, 01:17 PM
well it did look sorta bad recently w WOL pavilion and Test Track next to it both closed. they even had CMs stationed at TT to tell people that didnt understand that it was closed that it is closed

joonyer
06-15-2012, 01:31 PM
We really loved Cranium Command. It was one of our favorite shows at WDW. I wish they would find someplace to bring it back.

Gator
06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Maybe they should turn it into one of those Ninja Challenge areas. You know, something that makes the human body do crazy things. Keep it about "Life", but make it fun to watch/be a part of.

EpcotFan182
06-16-2012, 09:22 PM
being older now, I wish I was able to see it because I feel I could appreciate it more than when I first saw it - definitely missed in my book!

DNS
06-16-2012, 11:04 PM
I would love to see it again. It was always one of my favorites.

WDWPrincess
06-17-2012, 01:34 AM
I used to love the display where you would place your hands on hidden objects and try to figure out what they were just by touching them.

texas211
06-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Kitchen Kab was great. Body Wars, made me sick but was still fun.

Jared
06-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Magic 8-Ball says: Not Likely!

It's been gone for a while, I don't we will see much of anything in there for quite some time. If they do something, it will probably be a full tear down much like Horizons...
I agree that Wonders of Life is never coming back, but something will eventually go into that space. We just may be dead by then.

LiloLovesTheKing26
06-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Lol maybe we should put our guesses about what they will do with the pavilion in a time capsule. In the year 2042 our children can dig it up!

LudwigVonDrake
06-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Ah, to see Cranium Command one more time...

January-2007
06-17-2012, 07:47 PM
I liked Cranium Command a lot. It's too bad it's not open anymore.

iluvdumbo
06-17-2012, 08:17 PM
I really loved Cranium Command! And right when I was getting old enough for Body Wars they closed the pavilion.

Stu29573
06-18-2012, 09:15 AM
It was my least favorite when it was open, but it was also up against attractions such as Horizons, World of Motion, the original Spaceship Earth, the original Imagination, etc.... Now it would be a favorite, I suspect. You can draw your own conclusions...:(

PETE FROM NYC
06-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Most of it is available on you tube

Main Street Jim
06-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Kitchen Kab was great. Body Wars, made me sick but was still fun.If you're thinking of "Kitchen Kabaret", that was over at The Land pavilion. It was replaced by Food Rocks!; which was replaced by Soarin'.

The reason "Body Wars" made a LOT of people sick, was because the synchronization of the film and the motion of the cabin was off by about half a second or less. By the time the cabin reacted in time to the film, your body/mind had already reacted to what you saw on the screen, resulting in a LOT of motion sickness.

By the way, the exact same simulator cabins are used in "Star Tours".

"Where do you think you are...?! *DISNEY WORLD?!?!" LOLOLOLOLOL.... <--- General Knowledge

MrPeetrie
06-18-2012, 09:00 PM
I thought Cranium Command was a cute attraction. I had forgotten about it until I heard the full audio track for this ride on the Internet. After that, I couldn't wait for my DD9 to experience it on our next trip. Only to find the whole pavilion is closed! Darn!

SandmanGStefani24
06-19-2012, 12:29 AM
i would of course, LOVE if Body Wars came back, but I have come to terms with the fact that it is gone for good. :(

That being said, I would absolutely love to see ANYTHING come out of that space. Whether or not it is similar, or a complete teardown and rebuild of something else I hate to see anything go to waste at WDW. Kinda reminds me of when the ledgendary years area of POP was rotting away. So glad to see that rise from the ashes so to speak, so hope something gets done sooner rather than later.

disneynarula
06-19-2012, 10:18 AM
There is so much possibilty with that pavillion. We loved Wonders of Life! I was not a big fan of Body Wars but I can still see it's merits if it was updated.

As a few other people pointed out, Food Rocks was at The Land! Veggie veggie fruit fruit!

DisneyGiant
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
It is an absolute shame that that space is no longer used.......

Though it was open this year for the Flower & Garden Festival - I strolled in & out (I'm not a gardener lol)

It was sad to see the former Cranium Command & The Making of Me areas - I think the Body Wars area was covered by a makeshift howto stage.

Epcot is in dire need of another attraction - the crowd control is horrible there - imho.

I can do Epcot in a half a day now (FutureWorld) - and that is just sad.......

SandmanGStefani24
06-23-2012, 07:59 PM
It is an absolute shame that that space is no longer used.......

I think the Body Wars area was covered by a makeshift howto stage.

Epcot is in dire need of another attraction - the crowd control is horrible there - imho.

I agree it's a shame to see it like that. Anyone know about the status of the Body Wars attraction? I know the sign was finally taken down, well the lettering inside anyway, but is it still there/functional? Anything reused anywhere? I just hate to see anything waste away. But if POP's issues were fixed even though it was rotting away semi-hidden hopefully WDW won't allow something to rot away right in front of us...

CraniumCommando
06-25-2012, 12:01 PM
We really loved Cranium Command. It was one of our favorite shows at WDW. I wish they would find someplace to bring it back.

As you can guess from my username and avatar, Cranium Command is one of my all-time favorite attractions.

I would love to see a virtual version of all the extinct attractions. Maybe something like Disney Quest. I'd love to see World of Motion or Horizons one more time!