PDA

View Full Version : This happy place

Wolf
06-14-2012, 09:35 PM
When things in the normal world can be so hard, stressful, painful, and heartbreaking I just wanted to repost Walt's wonderful words to brighten someone's day and to keep things positive in this, our happy place!!

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world." -Walt Disney

Dopey's Girl
06-14-2012, 10:25 PM
I have this audio on my iPod. It's what I listen too when I'm having a really lousy day. Awesome words from a great man.

Melanie
06-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Have always loved this, and it always makes me tear up. It's my favorite part of the Magic, Memories & You show. :tink:

buzznwoodysmom
06-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I always tear up hearing (even reading) that. It always makes me stop to think of all the amazing family memories we have because of this man!

disneymom15
06-15-2012, 09:37 AM
I too, tear up when I hear that. He was an incredible man.

Wolf
06-15-2012, 09:51 AM
I tear up too, it just reminds me of so many beautiful memories I have involving Disney, I was watching this cool show about Walt's life last night, (I'm not sure what channel) but it showed the video of him opening DL and it made my mom laugh cause I knew the first half of his speech by heart. lol :blush:

Dopey's Girl
06-15-2012, 09:28 PM
I tear up too, it just reminds me of so many beautiful memories I have involving Disney, I was watching this cool show about Walt's life last night, (I'm not sure what channel) but it showed the video of him opening DL and it made my mom laugh cause I knew the first half of his speech by heart. lol :blush:

I have seen this show a few times too. I have yet to make it through without tears. It makes me sad for one second each trip that he never got to see WDW and how happy it makes so many of us.

Ian
06-16-2012, 10:04 AM
This is precisely why visiting Disneyland is a such a powerful experience for me.

When you first walk into Main Street and you look over at his firehouse apartment and see that light burning ... wow ...

Dopey's Girl
06-16-2012, 11:05 AM
This is precisely why visiting Disneyland is a such a powerful experience for me.

When you first walk into Main Street and you look over at his firehouse apartment and see that light burning ... wow ...

That was my favorite part of my Cali trip. I think I have 25 pictures of that one spot.

Imalismom
06-16-2012, 11:23 AM
If you want to watch a great 1:13.01 show covering the full dedication/opening - you can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=JuzrZET-3Ew

Wolf
06-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Thats the main reason I really want to go to DL one day.

EpcotChic23
06-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Have always loved this, and it always makes me tear up. It's my favorite part of the Magic, Memories & You show. :tink:

I was just telling my hubby that on my last trip its my favorite part of the show:mickey:

disneycutie165
06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks for sharing this! I've been going through a lot recently and worrying about some things that have come up, so this brightens my day, while also at the same time it really makes me miss WDW!

Wolf
06-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks for sharing this! I've been going through a lot recently and worrying about some things that have come up, so this brightens my day, while also at the same time it really makes me miss WDW!

I hope very much your problems go away, as soon as possible!! Have a magical day!!