PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Resort

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-14-2012, 04:59 PM
What is your favorite resort at Disney or off site that you stay in for a WDW vacation.

CleveRocks
06-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Biggest rooms on-site. Walking path to and from Magic Kingdom. Ease of monorail to Epcot. Upscale feel without feeling stuffy.

disneymom15
06-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Bay Lakes Tower is our favorite resort. So nice to be close to Magic Kingdom and the monorail line.

jwallace378
06-14-2012, 05:38 PM
How can I really choose?!? I'd have to go with Beach Club. That could change after my October trip to Bay Lake Tower though. I've never stayed there before.

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Grand Floridian! I love the old world charm and the elegance of it. Not to mention its proximity to the MK. The use of the monorail is super convenient as well.

EpcotFan182
06-14-2012, 05:52 PM
I can't choose just one! My favorites are the Contemporary/BLT and Boardwalk :mickey::mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-14-2012, 06:20 PM
I guess I'd say Wilderness Lodge is our favorite resort. It's the first deluxe resort we stayed in, we stayed there for our first holiday trip, and we fell in love with it! We've stayed there more than any other resort, so it's safe to say it must be our fav.

However, we also loved our stays at the Poly and Beach Club. We've only stayed at each once, and places tend to grow on me the more I frequent them, so I could see those becoming our favorite after a few stays. They are a very close second after just one stay!

MrPeetrie
06-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I've enjoyed each resort. If I had to choose a favorite, by the slightest amount it would be the Boardwalk. The food. The shopping. The proximity to TWO parks. The view. Nice amenities. I guess that would be my favorite.

Imalismom
06-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Wilderness Lodge

faline
06-14-2012, 07:09 PM
The Polynesian has long been my favorite resort. Unfortunately, I don't get to stay there since we became DVC owners.

Non DVC - my favorits are: Polynesian, Wildernes Lodge and the Grand Floridian.

DVC: (Of the ones I've stayed at so far)- Bay Lake Tower; Old Key West; Beach Club

JRocker
06-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Fort Wilderness:thumbsup:

:mickey:Nobody other than my family has EVER slept in the beds.

:mickey:Parking can't be beat, only 15ft from the door.

:mickey:The dogs can hang out with us.

:mickey:A complete kitchen, and the cook makes some awesome New York Strip:D

:mickey:Though, housekeeping is a bit lax...:blush:

Jillirose
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
We like the Beach Club and the Dolphin :thumbsup:

Airblue1
06-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Beach Club

Dopey's Girl
06-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Right now, Wilderness Lodge. Love the boat to MK.

My answer may change after my October trip to Beach Club.

Mousemates
06-15-2012, 02:49 AM
For convenience & nostalgia...Contemporary

For Ambiance....WL

For romance....GF

For walking around and enjoying the grounds...POR

darthmacho
06-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Wilderness Lodge. It will always have sentimental value because not only was it our first WDW trip, but also our honeymoon! :groom::bride:

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2012, 08:33 AM
The Boardwalk. It suits us in every way.

another tink
06-15-2012, 08:59 AM
The cabins in Fort Wilderness.

CarolS
06-15-2012, 09:28 AM
I've stayed in a variety of Values, Moderates and Deluxe and I would have to say that my favorite resort is POR. While you can't beat the transportation options with Deluxe, I think that POR is such a peaceful, beautiful resort and is such a good value compared to what you pay in a Deluxe.

That said I haven't stayed at the Polynesian yet, only walked the grounds and ate there a few times so I can't comment on there but I have a feeling that if I stayed there it would become my #1 :mickey:

Wolf
06-15-2012, 09:57 AM
I'd love to stay at the Poly again, we stayed there last Oct but only for a weekend, the room was sooo beautiful and peaceful, we are trying POFQ this trip because we are staying 10 days but I would like to do the Poly again sometime!

Jeri Lynn
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
The Beach Club, for location and easy walk to Epcot and of course the pool!

goofy-4-disney
06-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Wow, this is hard to choose just one favorite resort. Each has their own reasons why they're my favorite but I guess I'd have to go with Beach Club as my favorite. Being able to walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk is great.

ThanxForNoticin
06-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Our favorite has changed a bit over the years. For the longest time, BC was our favorite - especially with the pool and the location. But without a doubt, when we make a reservation now, we always look to stay at AKL. We love the peaceful feel, the pools, the animals, and the dining options there.

Tinkerbella16
06-15-2012, 02:59 PM
That I've stayed at so far, Port Orleans French Quarter without a doubt! Love everything about that place.

My favorite resort that I haven't stayed at yet, but hope to someday is the Poly. I always visit and eat there each trip more than once. I love the atmosphere and the theme.

:mickey:

Disney Doll
06-15-2012, 03:57 PM
It's so hard to chose, but I'd go with Beach Club. Love it there!

Gator
06-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Man, all this talk about the Boardwalks makes me wish I had enough to do that resort. The best I've been at is Coronado. It's cheap, good bus service, good food on-site, good proximity to Epcot and DHS, and a great pool.

TinkerbellT421
06-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Boardwalk without a doubt! :mickey::thumbsup:

Fits our style to a tee! and not even mentioning all the conveniences. We keep saying we will try all the DVC resorts, but every year when doing our planning we end up right back at Boardwalk. Hard for us to pull away.

wdw dude
06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Love the Boardwalk. Beach Club is a very close second.

:mickey:

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-15-2012, 10:05 PM
My Personal favorites are Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach. Such great themeing! So peaceful!
:dumbo:

TikiGoddess
06-16-2012, 05:56 AM
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Club level

Beautiful resort, fantastic service, amazing views from the balconies! And LOVE the convenience of the lounge with its myriad of snacks and drinks. We were going to try the Beach Club this year but we just couldn't stay away from AKL.

Kathy

KatrinaJ91
06-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Without a doubt...POR! We have stayed at many different resorts and absolutely love this one for so many reasons. The atmosphere alone is outstanding. The grounds are so peaceful and we love to wander around. The food court can't be beat...so many wonderful choices. The pools are great. The boat to Downtown Disney is a wonderful alternative to taking a bus. This resort is always our first choice!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Without a doubt...POR! We have stayed at many different resorts and absolutely love this one for so many reasons. The atmosphere alone is outstanding. The grounds are so peaceful and we love to wander around. The food court can't be beat...so many wonderful choices. The pools are great. The boat to Downtown Disney is a wonderful alternative to taking a bus. This resort is always our first choice!

I love Port Orleans Riverside the scenery and environment its just so peaceful and beautiful! :D

madi47
06-20-2012, 07:59 AM
I love the AKL....It is such a beautiful resort! Although I really enjoy the BC as well mainly because of the closeness to 2 parks! Such a hard decision but I feel the atmosphere at AKL is the most relaxing:mickey:

zipadeedoodah
06-20-2012, 10:11 AM
As of right now, my favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge. It's so gorgeous, and I love the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

However, this September we are staying at POR...and from everything that I'm hearing about it, it may become my new favorite! I"m so excited about my first stay there!

LudwigVonDrake
06-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Of all the resorts I've stayed at I would say The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. Poly is second but Wilderness Lodge is awesome :mickey:

Someday I hope to stay at the Contemporary.

brownie
06-24-2012, 01:43 PM
For practical purposes, Pop Century is our favorite. Beach Club is our favorite resort, for the atmosphere and proximity to Epcot.

KH
06-24-2012, 03:26 PM
We love the Beach club-for the location and the pool. The Wilderness Lodge is second, for when Miss Mommy, aka She Who Must Be Obeyed, wants to spend a bit less!

MargaretMessler
06-24-2012, 03:52 PM
For those who have stayed at a variety of value, mod, and deluxe resorts, how about your fave for each category?

Mine:
Pop Century
Caribbean Beach
Contemporary
(Although I have only stayed at one each of the mod and deluxe, I have visited others for shows/dining/etc.)

DonLefNY
06-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Old Key West. :mickey:

AgentC
06-25-2012, 08:55 AM
This is a hard one for us. Right now my favorite deluxe is Yacht Club, but it is closely followed by Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I've stayed at the all the moderates except Caribbean Beach. I would stay at any of them again, but give a slight nod to the mansion section of Port Orleans Riverside

BriarRose0708
06-25-2012, 09:04 AM
I have only ever stayed at POP Century, and that's no accident because I LOVE it. Affordable, comfortable, big but not too big, fun themes, attentive and energetic staff, and the bus service has never let me down. Every time I think of staying somewhere else I keep getting drawn back to POP.:thumbsup: