PDA

View Full Version : Pin Trading at DLR

AuntLaura
06-13-2012, 09:54 PM
I love Hidden Mickey pin trading at WDW and have come to this only lately. I was really excited to go to DLR in May and pin trade. I was excited to see what pins I could find. As opposed to WDW, however, where most cast members wear lanyards and are involved in pin trading, I found very few CM's in DLR wear the lanyards or trade. I finally realized that to trade, I had to go to the cash registers and ask the CM there if they had would pin trade. They would pull a pad out from beneath the counter. Usually, there was only one cash register in each store. Then, the choice was kind of meager. Has anyone else experienced this or have comments? It really made me appreciate the CM's in Florida.

Disney4us2
06-19-2012, 11:21 AM
We are at DL quite often and always see CM's with the pin lanyards for trading. Lately with the opening of Cars Land there are tons of CM's with lanyards at DCA. If you stop at the DVC booths, most of them have pins (not all though). If we are not trading at the pin barrels in Frontierland we are trading with the CM's. Never had a problem finding them.

Some of the stores also have pin boards. Easier for the CM's and the trader. You just look and see if there is anything you want to trade and take it off of the board and replace it with your trade. Still allowed 2 trades per day with the pin boards.