PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Character Dining Outside The Parks

brad817
06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
What are the options? There are fewer than I realized. We booked 'Ohana for dinner and I just realized there are no characters. I know Chef Mickey's has it, but we've been there many times.

I LoveJack
06-13-2012, 08:46 PM
1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian has Cinderella and the prince, along with Lady Tremaine and the 2 step sisters for dinner. They also have breakfast with Mary Poppins, Alice and Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger too. But for dinner you are more limited on finding characters. They also do the BBQ meal over at Fort Wilderness where you can dance and stuff with Mickey but no personal time or autographs.

Gator
06-13-2012, 08:58 PM
1900 Park Faire is definitely worth the trip for breakfast or dinner. The character interaction is very unique for both times, and the food is good. Especially the strawberry soup and cinnamon buns.

ElenitaB
06-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch are at 'Ohana for breakfast. Goofy, Minnie and Donald are at Cape May for breakfast as well. The Garden Grove restaurant at the Swan also has character meals on the weekends with Goofy and Pluto (8:00–11:00 a.m.). They used to appear in the evening as well but the Sw'olphin website no longer mentions that possibility.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella and family ... complete with the evil Stepmother and Stepsisters (and the Prince).

They are a total hoot! The interaction is GREAT, and it is neat to see different characters. We even had Lady Tremaine sit down at our table once and spend a good 5 minutes with DD lamenting about how she couldn't get her daughters married off. It was great!

So, if you're looking for a place for dinner, I highly recommend 1900 Park Fare. Oh! And the food is good too!

kg00616
06-14-2012, 08:07 AM
We've done 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella and it was great. The Stepmother and sisters are hillarious! Cinderella and the Prince are fine but the stepmother/sisters are what made it for us.