PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossee's or Hoop De Doo

natstroop
06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Okay, so this might seem like an odd pair, but here is my dilema. Back when I booked my ADRs, HDD was not available. We had had that in mind for months. It would be the last night of our trip and we thought a dinner and a show would be neat. Well when it wasn't available, I had to do some last minute discussion with the family and decided to go with Narcoossee's. The menu looks fantastic and the location is one that we wanted to see anyway. I heard there is a gingerbread house inside that is a must see? Now HDD is available and we are having a hard time going back to it. I know it's a great show...dinner though is something we eat regularly throughout the summer here in WI. Narcoossee's seems like it would be an experience too.

It would be me, DH, DD15, DS13, DS12. We are pretty low-key shy people. (We would not be interested in going up on stage or being the center of attention at the show.)

So for all you that have experienced both...which would you choose? Is one just more spectacular than the other?

Dulcee
06-13-2012, 11:09 AM
I love Narcoosees. My vote goes there.

SBETigg
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Dinner is not the highlight of Hoop Dee Doo. If you're looking for a great show and some laughs, but you don't really care about having a fantastic meal (but plenty of decent food), HDD is the way to go.

Dinner is a highlight at Narcoossee's. It's a great location, lovely atmosphere, and you can catch the Electric Water Pageant and fireworks in the area if the timing is right, but it's all about good food. If you like fine dining, Narcoossee's is the choice to make. Plus it's always fun to check out resorts and if you haven't been to the GF, I recommend it, especially at Christmas time.

Really, it comes down to what kind of experience you and your family tend to enjoy more.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
We've not done Narcossees but have heard the food is wonderful. If you are more interested in food than a show definitely keep it.

We have however done HDDR. After seeing it once I would not have paid to go to see it twice however, it was my son's biggest request last trip and the experience of seeing him laugh that much was worth it.

You do not have to go up on stage if you don't want. They only pick 2 to 4 people. It is corny slapstick humor with fried chicken, ribs, cornbread, salad, all you can eat beans and potatoes, with strawberry shortcake for desert. It is so-so. My 14 yr old loved it.

cather74
06-13-2012, 03:07 PM
We make sure to go to Narcooses every trip. It's outstanding! Not to be missed! Great food and the view is awesome. :thumbsup:

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Another vote for Narcoossee's!

BugeyedMuggy
06-13-2012, 03:18 PM
With children I would say HDDR if you have never been. It is a fun night out with kids. We have been to Narcoosses twice and the food is very good and with it only being 2 adults also romantic. But if food is your main draw I would then say Narcoosses.

Fangorn
06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm also in the Narcoossee's camp. It's a great location, wonderful atmosphere and fabulous food.

It will, of course, depend on your kids, but when mine were that age, I would've used the opportunity to 1) give the kids a high-end, adult-type dining experience, 2) visit a beautiful resort (especially at Christmas) and 3) have a relaxed chance to discuss the trip (since this is your last night) and talk about everyone's favorite parts of the trip and hopefully re-live some great memories. For us, that would mean a lot of laughter.

Sounds like a perfect way to end the trip.

Steve

AuntLaura
06-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Agree - do you want a food experience or a dinner show. The show at HDD is great - good corny family humor as only Disney can do. We've been a number of times, but most recently with the little nieces and nephews who had never been. They loved it. The food is basic -salad, fried chicken, ribs, corn bread. I will never forget years ago when Miss Kitty selected my bearded overweight brother to go up with her on stage for the grand finale. For those of you who've seen the show, you know what came next. I was laughing so hard, I could hardly breathe. He had no idea what he was agreeing to, but was a good sport in the end.

natstroop
06-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Well I think we are going to stick with Narcoossee's. I think we rather have a quiet relaxing meal and then a stroll around the resort for our last night. Thanks for all your input!!!