PDA

View Full Version : Got all but 1 ADR

Dulcee
06-13-2012, 10:36 AM
So after waking up at quarter to 6 this morning got all but 1 of my planned ADRs which is awesome.

BUT we really wanted Mama Melrose for a late dinner one night after Fantasmic so that we could then follow it up with the Osborne Lights.

But the only ADR that was left was for pre or during fantasmic. I'm not a fan of the other two causal dining locations at all and didn't want to ante up 2 credits for Brown Derby.

MGM needs more dining choices. I'll stop my whining now. lol

DisneyDINK
06-13-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm guessing they block all of the times at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic dining packages they plan to sell.

Have you considered BlueZoo at the Dolphin? Or Kimono's at the Swan? The BW and YC/BC are fairly close too. You can walk or ride the boat.

buzznwoodysmom
06-13-2012, 11:37 AM
We are fans of Sci Fi, so that would be my choice, but I see that you don't like that option.

If it were me I would try to book something at one of the resorts near DHS. Or I'd try to walk up at ESPN or Beaches N Cream, those two don't take ADRs. The only thing is you might encounter a longer wait than your comfortable with.

You could always keep trying for MM, people cancel all the time and you might get lucky!

SBETigg
06-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Check back, because they open up more slots as the timing gets closer sometimes depending on what they anticipate their needs will be for Fantasmic dining. It could be that a later dining slot opens up as the Fantasmic package dining becomes more available to people who prefer to book that. Kouzzina is also a good choice at the Boardwalk, but still involves the hassle of leaving the park, so not always a great option. I agree that DHS could use some more good dining. It's not really a park I go to for good food.

VWL Mom
06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Last November MM closed at 7P even during EMH. Not sure if it's still that way now.

Dulcee
06-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys!

I ended up just booking Kouzzina for now. Makes it tight to see the Osbourne Lights after Fantasmic and make the ADR so I'll probably keep poking to see if I can get one for MM. (Despite the fact that the Kouzzina menu looks far yummier!)

buzznwoodysmom
06-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Could you do an early dinner at Kouzzina? For us DHS is about a half day park. When we do stay long enough for Fantasmic or the Osborne Lights, we often find ourselves either heading back to our resort for a bit and returning to DHS, or trying to find a way to waste time in the park. I think a break from the park and dinner at Kouzzina would be a perfect way to spend the early evening. Then you can be back in the park in time for Fantasmic and the lights.