PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning America

Dulcee
06-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Anyone?

I cried like a baby today as Robin Roberts made her announcement. I hope she kicks its butt. She amazed me how she made it through her breast cancer diagnosis showing grace and confidence. I hope she does the same again with this diagnosis.

VWL Mom
06-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I just read about it online, so sad. If her body has the same strength as her mindset does, she will come through this.

DVC2004
06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
I missed it today - she is sick again??? How sad. She is a fighter for sure.

meldan98
06-25-2012, 01:45 PM
My dad was diagnosed with the same thing several years ago and has been fairly symptom free. Due to his age, and other health conditions, he isn't able to receive treatment for the most part. His white cell count has dropped consistently over the last few years and at his last appointment his doctor told him that with his counts as low as they are, they were surprised that he looked as good and felt as good as he does. My parent's just got back from their 2nd trip in less than a year to Hawaii and was planning for a cruise next year on the East Coast. He also bowls and plays golf at least 2-3 times a week.

Fast forward to Friday...he had been dizzy most of the week and just figured he was dehydrated and getting a bit of a cold. He went for his monthly blood test and found out that his red blood cell count was very low and had to have a blood transfusion. They are hopefully that this transfusion lasts a long time and that he'll feel good as new and back to his old self.

I just hope and pray that this isn't the next step toward full blown lukemia and that my parents can continue crusing and enjoying their retirement.

Disney Doll
06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
I love that she is lending herself to advocate for Be the Match. Having a prominent figure getting a donation will help spread the word to get more potential donors on the registry. The fact that she had a matching donor in her family means she's already better off than 70% of those in need of a donor.

VWL Mom
06-25-2012, 06:04 PM
I just hope and pray that this isn't the next step toward full blown lukemia and that my parents can continue crusing and enjoying their retirement.

I hope everything turns out okay for your dad and that your parents continue to enjoy their retirement for many years to come. Prayers and pixie dust
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Dulcee
06-26-2012, 06:54 PM
I love that she is lending herself to advocate for Be the Match. Having a prominent figure getting a donation will help spread the word to get more potential donors on the registry. The fact that she had a matching donor in her family means she's already better off than 70% of those in need of a donor.

She's turning out to be a great figure for them. They were discussing on world news tonight that since her announcement and her discussion on why bone marrow donors are so important they've doubled the number of new registrations, 15,000 new donors.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Be a Match participants have increased 1000% since she first made her announcement. Sad that it takes a celebrity to get that kind of participation. But so glad that celebrities such as Robin Roberts are willing to share their lives such that we can get 1000% increase in participants.

Those that watch GMA every morning are all keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.