PDA

View Full Version : Dining w/ An Imagineer Reviews?!

txdisneyfanatic
06-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi, we'll be leaving for Disney in a few weeks and would LOVE to hear any reviews from anyone who has recently experienced the 'Dining w/ an Imagineer' lunch at the Brown Derby. What types of imagineers have you had the opportunity of dining with? We are really excited for this experience and are hoping it will be worth our $. Thanks!:mickey:

Dulcee
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM
We did this a few years back. It was an anniversary present for my parents who then decided to take us along as well (my sister and I pooled summer money to pay for it for them, which proves this was quite a few summers ago lol).

Anyway, we loved it. Its a small group, there were about 8 guests total plus the imagineer at ours. He was very friendly, answered all of the questions he was allowed to answer and gave us some insight on things we had never had. We also got a really pretty plate that he signed, not sure if they do that anymore or not.

All in all it was a great experience!

faline
06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
We did this a couple of years ago - had a great meal and also received the signed plate. It was interesting but it would have been more interesting for my husband had the imagineer been in engineering or involved in the mechanics of the rides in some way. Our imagineer was personable and interesting but was an attorney by education and was involved with incorporating sponsor products into the overall theming of the parks such as how to promote Coke products without it seeming to be too much in your face.

Dulcee
06-11-2012, 02:03 PM
We did this a couple of years ago - had a great meal and also received the signed plate. It was interesting but it would have been more interesting for my husband had the imagineer been in engineering or involved in the mechanics of the rides in some way. Our imagineer was personable and interesting but was an attorney by education and was involved with incorporating sponsor products into the overall theming of the parks such as how to promote Coke products without it seeming to be too much in your face.

Oh, I could see that changing things.

Ours was an engineer who had worked on amongst many others, Tower of Terror.

GusNJacque
06-11-2012, 03:09 PM
but they never seem to have it available when I am there. Love hearing about your experiences. I am going to get to do this one of these trips. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Did this, maybe, 2 years ago... Nice experience... I wasn't crazy about the food from Brown Derby, but, it wouldn't be a reason I don't go back... The price, maybe LOL... I would say, if you haven't done it yet, give it a try...