PDA

View Full Version : Boat noise at PO-Riverside?

kg00616
06-11-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm STILL deciding on where to stay for 6 of us in December. I'm leaning towards 2 Royal rooms at POR instead of a deluxe resort because those resorts don't have good options for larger groups at any sort of reasonable price! So, I was thinking of getting the river view rooms but was wondering if boat noise would be a problem. We don't stay up late so I don't want to be kept awake by boats going by every 20 minutes until midnight!

Thoughts?

Also...are there connecting rooms there?

Tygger7
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
No worries on the boats....they're very quiet and I highly doubt you would hear them at all while in your room. They're not like the big boats that run to/from WL...they're more like a large pontoon boat. As far as "quietness", POR is the best we've ever stayed at. If you're looking for quiet & relaxing, you'll love it.

Tygger7
06-11-2012, 11:12 AM
PS...I just sent you a PM with some additional info. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-11-2012, 11:25 AM
We've stayed in Building 1 at POFQ, with a river view room. We were pretty close to the boat dock and I don't recall ever hearing the boats coming and going. I think you'll be fine.

txdisneyfanatic
06-11-2012, 11:27 AM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Port Orleans! No worries with the noise! Enjoy your stay! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
I agree! We had a room right on the river a couple of trips ago, and I don't remember hearing a single thing from the boats.

Enjoy!

tazlikesrobots
06-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Stayed at POR several times and I never heard the boats!

#1donaldfan
06-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I have stated there many times and not once have been bothered by noise of any kind !! You can hardly hear the boats standing on the dock waiting for one, let alone hear one from the room.....no worries, POR is incredible !!:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
06-11-2012, 02:33 PM
I agree with everyone else.. I wouldn't worry at all about the noise. You will not regret POR, its one of my favorite resorts!!!! :mickey:

brownie
06-11-2012, 04:01 PM
We've stayed in Building 1 at POFQ, with a river view room. We were pretty close to the boat dock and I don't recall ever hearing the boats coming and going. I think you'll be fine.

We've stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter with a river view in building 1, too. I don't recall the boats making any noise while we were trying to sleep.

johnO
06-19-2012, 09:20 AM
This past January we had a river view room at Oak Manor building directly across from the docks. Never had a Boat noise problem.

phillydan
06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
After a long day at the parks, there could be an aircraft carrier on the river in full launch mode and I wouldn't hear it!

Melanie
06-19-2012, 08:01 PM
We're at POR right now, in our Royal Guest Room as I type. LOVE IT! We're in Paterre Place in a garden view room and it's very quiet. I agree with previous posters though, I can't imagine hearing the DTD boats even if you were up in a river room.

I have determined since we've been here that I will always ask for a Paterre Place room over Oak Manor because of the chance of noise from the Oak Manor pool area. Probably isn't even a factor, but I'm pretty particular about noise. Plus, although very similar, I like the look of Paterre Place exterior over Oak Manor.

And yes, there are connecting Royal Guest Rooms.

LudwigVonDrake
06-24-2012, 11:40 AM
I've stayed at a River View room at POFQ and I never heard the boats. You'l be fine :boat:

darthmacho
06-25-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't recall noise being a factor at all during our 2010 stay, but we didn't have a river view. We were by a generator of some sort, but couldn't hear it from inside the room.

We loved our Mansions room, and I'd suggest Boatwright's for dinner. :mickey: